• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Yes, please give me a new match between Dante Fox Jr/AR Fox vs Swerve/Killshot.

And he doesn't look the least bit rusty. Outshined everyone in that match.

yYoKj74.gif

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Toni Storm and Emi Sakura had an entertaining match on Elevation tonight, and Hikaru Shida came back. Big Ws for this show.

Dark Order are still over. Big pop when their music hit.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Are we at the place where we guess who curses out TK next and wants out?

Miro.

Kip Sabian? "You get your ass in the box Tony!"

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
JD Drake vs. Konosuke Takeshita was short but still friggin' excellent. Love both these guys.

Last edited:

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
That was a great Elevation tonight
- Toni Storm vs Emi Sakura was great
- Hikaru Shida vs Robyn Renegade was a lot of fun
- Love me some Takeshita
- First time seeing AR Fox after hearing great things about him (I have the match from Lucha Underground saved in my watch later on YouTube)
- The commentary team was a lot of fun. Mark Henry really has improved once he began to joke around on commentary.

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/deadpool-applause-clapping-l0MYDGA3Du1hBR4xG

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Really fun Elevation last night, a wealth of great womens action especially.
  • Toni vs Emi Sakura was great, while Kris and Shida each just got to show off how good they are. Loved Shida's new entrance gear!
  • I like Angelico and Private Party teaming up, but I would love all three of these guys to turn face.
  • Nice to see Baron Black get his first win, and Brandon Cutler was the perfect foil for it.
  • Take vs Drake could've gone another 5 minutes but it was great action.
Takeshita's excursion was a year long so while plans can change, I imagine he'll be back soon. That said I hope Takeshita gets the TV win he's looking for in the next couple of weeks!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Tuesday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Takeshoota, no. Don't leave us. 😔

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hoping for more AEW/DDT crossover. Mostly want to see Kingston in a DDT ring (against Higuchi and Akiyama) and The 37Kamiina battling with Blackpool Combat Club

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
Although it sucks that Takeshita is heading back to Japan for a bit, he is stopping off in the UK for a few dates so I get to see him wrestle live!

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
94b54e_73cc229c28f149e58d0977f3bb51b315mv2.webp

Speaking at the ROH Death Before Dishonor media scrum, Dax Harwood told a story of speaking to Sting before the match at Arthur Ashe stadium last year and boosting his confidence.

"Arthur Ashe last year, we had this match with Sting. I went to Sting the week before, in catering. He had relatively just comeback. I said, 'I know at 62, you probably have some doubt in your mind, and that's okay. We all do, we're all insecure, but if there's ever a night you want to go 30 minutes, next week is your night. I promise you, we can make sure...we know Sting better than you know Sting. We can make sure that happens,'" he said.

The match went just under ten minutes with Sting & Allin picking up the victory. Dax continued the story, revealing Sting called him later on to thank him for the talk and the match.

"We had the match at Arthur Ashe and I was on vacation with my family, I got a call from Sting. We were on the beach, I come back up, look at my phone and go 'what number is this?' I listen to this voicemail, it's a three-minute voicemail from Sting. I still have it saved on my phone. He said, 'I can't thank you enough. You guys went out of your way to make sure I looked as good as possible. I was so afraid that I embarrassed myself. Then I got on Twitter and read the results and the reviews, and people still love me.' I'm like, 'You're Sting. Of course people still love you.' He had that doubt. Those are the things that I remember. My hero from when I was a kid, has a voicemail to me, he took time out of his day to call me and say, 'You guys are the best I've ever been in the ring with. Thank you so much. That made my career.' Those are the things that mean the most to me," said Dax.
www.fightful.com

Dax Harwood Shares Story Of Getting A Voicemail From Sting Thanking FTR For Arthur Ashe Bout | Fightful News

Dax Harwood shares story of a voicemail left to him from Sting.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
IMO there really isn't a need to worry about AEW. To me WWE and AEW have really different fan bases with not much of a crossover. I don't know many people who watch both just one or the other.

I look at it like this.. in Metal you had the big four.. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax. Just because one existed didn't mean the other one couldn't exist and some of these bands had very different fan bases. I would argue if one did really good it helped the other become more competitive

If anything it will help create strong competition. I think there is room for more than one big wrestling company. Honestly, I'm surprised there isn't a 3rd one popping up yet.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did Dave actually say this?

There's a ton of doom and gloom hitting AEW right now.
Dave really needs to calm himself down.

Does WWE have an opportunity to improve now? Definitely, but both products cater to different audiences and as long as AEW continue at the level they are, they will be fine.

Not saying AEW doesn't have room to improve because of course they do, but these wrestling journalists/content creators are looking at it from a perspective where they have been forced to watch WWE for work and think that WWE suddenly becoming good will mean people will stop watching AEW when most people simply watch the shows they like and aren't forced into one company.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Let me get this straight.

AEW puts on banger shows, fills arenas in LA, Chicago, and Rochester, puts on what many are calling the PPV of the year, has the #1 show on Wednesday cable for (5?) weeks straight, but because Hunter comes in to WWE creative, it's all over?

I know this type of panicked discourse isn't happening here, but it's clearly out there, and it's weird. Some concern is warranted for sure, but not to the level of jumping ship or turning in your fan card.

I do feel like AEW is on a bit of a downswing at the moment, mostly due to missing 4 of their biggest stars (3 after this week), and WWE is certainly doing well and will continue to do well--and of course AEW has areas they could and need to improve--but I'm more excited than anything else for the future. After the initial bit of worry, I'm sure Tony Khan will turn this nervous energy into a coke-fueled wrestling carnival.

P.S. I don't see AEW viewers jumping ship to WWE wholesale just because of some changes in WWE. If anything, they'll just watch both now instead of AEW exclusively.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I can see Dave's POV in that Bellator still exists and does well enough for itself but it's not anywhere near real competition for the UFC which is the big mainstream promotion. And it's plausible because WWE is succeeding perfectly fine as is business-wise even with terrible booking/creative. But harnessing all of that in a positive fashion (which is possible with Vince gone/new blood installed) where you draw back in more lapsed fans and even more viewers/attention could well greatly overshadow whatever AEW does because they haven't shown the capacity to grow their audience very much beyond its hardcore base of fans. Blame that on injuries, overstretched booking, whatever, but that's reality.

And it matters, for now anyway, because AEW does see itself as legit competition to WWE and are fighting and clawing for mindshare in that mainstream space, they're not content to just be Bellator or the serious but smaller workrate promotion.

Dave has his faults but he's been at this for a long time and has decades of past experience in various industries to draw upon in these things, so I take his views on this all a little more seriously compared to these other dirtsheet/inside baseball folk. He called out the problems of ROH/AEW existing as this weird co-branding thing comparing it to WEC/UFC and I think he is/was right on the money with that.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
If anything those lapsed fans returning might want more wrestling and want to check out what else is out there and that could in turn also help AEW. AEW will be fine even if more people start tuning into Raw/SmackDown.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Reminds me of the worry marathon around Discovery Warner merge. What if they don't like AEW, how will the meeting go etc.

Gresham wanting out and Vince leaving with HHH taking over creative is a bad news combo for AEW hype. This can only be fixed with adding Womens tag belts and a second match on dynamite with more emphasis on fun.

I await mass panic when MJF joins wwe.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Let me get this straight.

AEW puts on banger shows, fills arenas in LA, Chicago, and Rochester, puts on what many are calling the PPV of the year, has the #1 show on Wednesday cable for (5?) weeks straight, but because Hunter comes in to WWE creative, it's all over?

I know this type of panicked discourse isn't happening here, but it's clearly out there, and it's weird. Some concern is warranted for sure, but not to the level of jumping ship or turning in your fan card.

I do feel like AEW is on a bit of a downswing at the moment, mostly due to missing 4 of their biggest stars (3 after this week), and WWE is certainly doing well and will continue to do well--and of course AEW has areas they could and need to improve--but I'm more excited than anything else for the future. After the initial bit of worry, I'm sure Tony Khan will turn this nervous energy into a coke-fueled wrestling carnival.

P.S. I don't see AEW viewers jumping ship to WWE wholesale just because of some changes in WWE. If anything, they'll just watch both now instead of AEW exclusively.

I don't understand the concern when:

a) Under Vince's management, AEW was still miles away ratings and money wise. If Vince stayed, that would still be the case for a very long time.

b) Why would WWE getting good be bad for AEW? It's weird to see people insecure about the things they like. Would suddendly AEW become bad because of the other promotion improving?

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Yes, Tony is going to have to try harder in the future. But this doom and gloom stuff hinges entirely on the idea that TK is just going to implode the second WWE improves. It also totally ignores the reality of the situation, which is that pro wrestling is niche, and in that niche WWE was already leading. WWE isn't going to suddenly grow the business exclusively for themselves. There's a ceiling.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
IMO there really isn't a need to worry about AEW. To me WWE and AEW have really different fan bases with not much of a crossover. I don't know many people who watch both just one or the other.
I was surprised at the amount of people in the Vince thread and this thread who said that they might watch WWE again. I thought there would be a lot more people who were just not interested in their product at all. To me it seemed like people actually want to watch WWE but can't because of Vince and his business deals. But Vince is gone now and if the shows get better because of HHHs booking there might be more fans who watch both products.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
You're all missing the point... no one is dooming and glooming that AEW will die or anything. Who said that? That's not what Dave is saying.

Just that they'll possibly get left behind and cast as the secondary niche promotion ala bellator. and that hardly matters to us because we watch the product regardless and we'll continue to do so. but it would matter to tony because he does see it as a competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.