• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Marina Shafir comes off so much better being paired with Nyla Rose. If she can get it together in the ring, and if she stays close to Nyla for a while, she could be a solid member of the women's roster.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Going for the triple post combo…

This Dark Elevation crowd is way into Leon Ruffin. Pretty cool little match between him and Ethan Page.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Warner Bros/Discovery have like 30 different stations, so they could easily slot an RoH show on one of the lower profile ones. Or possibly a non-prime slot on TBS/TNT. But that's what is hurting Rampage.

I agree that the sooner RoH has its own show, the better. Maybe TK has something up his sleeve for the ppv. But maybe, WBD is waiting for the ppv numbers before committing to anything.

Iirc, his contract is up at the end of the month. TK is a good guy, so I could see him giving him something while he heals, but TK isn't a moron, so it won't be full pay unless he signs long term. I think Santana would make an excellent upper card RoH guy if that's what he wants to do, but he might just want to get away from Ortiz and start fresh.
That's the thing, you're getting a pretty big drop off in ratings with Turner networks when you go with networks other than TBS or TNT (or Cartoon Network, lol). I fully expect Tony to try and move Rampage from TNT to TBS a AAA and potentially a different day or time slot. Then with ROH I think he's better off going with a shitty time slot on a good network than a good time slot on a bad network. We've seen Rampage actually do reasonably well at 7pm on Friday so move it there on TBS and then maybe put ROH on TNT Tuesday?

Also, I suspect Rampage will have to go live every week and ROH will be taped. I say that because even if ROH gets a TV deal I can't imagine them wanting to do separate touring for ROH. So I guess unless AEW kills off Dark Elevation or moves it to Orlando ROH would have to be taped before a live Rampage. I guess another option would be to have ROH piggyback off of the Dark Orlando taping a but I suspect Tony wants to go big with this thing and nothing says the opposite of big quite like taping in Orlando.

Genuinely, I think the only options are bump Dark Elevation to Orlando so that ROH can be taped before Dynamite or have Rampage go live every week so ROH can be taped before that.

As for the inter-promotional stuff, that's not the issue here. The booking is the problem (also, too many titles but again good booking would make that less of an issue). Having Tony focus solely on AEW would help but the decline in booking quality started happening prior to Double or Nothing.

People tend to forget that because DON had a really good go home Dynamite but the build to that show was pretty weak. Not as weak as the build to Forbidden Door or this ROH show but really fucking weak. The build to Forbidden Door would've been better over a longer period of time and ROH just shouldn't be on AEW on a weekly basis but also the booking around that stuff is a big part of why that stuff has become such a big drag on the show. It's not WWE rotten by any stretch but there's just a lot of slap dash kind of shit getting thrown onto shows at the last minute and we've been trained to expect better from AEW.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Pretty entertaining Elevation tonight. I took a nap starting at 7 and slept till about 11 (oops), so the review will be short as I still need to make dinner.

- Julia Hart's is really improving on the character side. She's getting much better in the ring too. This character change will do her wonders
- Good to see Vicki back (For those of you who don't know, her mom passed away). Really enjoying this Shafir & Nyla team. Once it's over, Vicki could turn on Nyla and align with Shafir as Nyla can cut promos on her own
- Leon Ruffin vs Ethan Page was a blast. Loved every minute of it
- Great to see The Hughes Brothers back. They would make a fine addition to the ROH roster
- Angelico's music still rules. I would be mad at it being interrupted, but Butcher & Blade's music is one of my favorites

Show Rating: C+

goddamnimglam

Oct 27, 2017
Would have never thought that Julia Hart of all people would be the person I find the least lame in House of Black.

I think The Rock said either Undertaker and/or Mideon had Mickey Mouse tattoos and that's all I think of when I see either Brodie or Black.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Tuesday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
damn daniel lol

edit: he deleted it but Daniel Garcia tweeting his match v Alan Angels on Dark this week is now a loser leaves town match

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The problem with the tag division was timing.

I'm sure if TK knew Jeff was gonna pop a DUI he would have had Swerve/Lee win the titles at the ppv. But the issue was the plan was for the hardyz to win the 3 way ladder match a few weeks later.

JE losing the belts to the hardyz in a ladder match would have set Christian off bc of that old feud.

I mean it doesn't help that JB is hurt.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
"The Cleaner" could be headed back to action, if what staff and talent in AEW have told have been true.

Last week, Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer reported that Young Bucks vs. FTR III was being held off on, as the Young Bucks have a "major angle" that has yet to come to fruition in the works. When Fightful Select poked around about what that angle could be, we were told that at least the rumor being referred to by Meltzer involved Kenny Omega.

Fightful Select has learned that the tentative plans that certain staff was made aware of was that Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks were slated for a 6-man tag program for September's All Out PPV. We've yet to confirm this with AEW officials, and anything could change, as is the nature of pro wrestling. There have been heavy changes and adjustments to the AEW tag team title scene in the past two months due to injuries and Jeff Hardy's DUI.

Omega has been out of action since shortly after losing the AEW World Championship last November, with a plethora of injuries. The star seemed poised to feud with Adam Cole, who has since been joined by Undisputed Era members Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly, all of whom are sidelined with injuries. Omega told Fightful in June that his original timetable to return to AEW was the Forbidden Door PPV itself, but he didn't want to risk coming back too soon. He also told us that he briefly returned to the road behind the scenes, but removed himself as he felt it was slowing his progress.

AEW, nor Kenny Omega have confirmed this news, and we do not have a specific return date in order. Thus far, this is all based on what talent and staff have been told.

Fightful Report

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
The Elite vs United Empire (Osprey + Aussie Open) please. And then spin that out to Omega vs Osprey at Wrestle Kingdom

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the pop if he returns at All Out and interrupts Adam Cole (whom I assume will be back by then) coming out of the face tunnel.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
AEW doesn't need to sign any new talent for a long while. They can just reintroduce all their injured wrestlers to big pops.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Great, if Kenny's coming back we can FINALLY get those trios titles introduced.

I've been pretty sure we're getting Starks vs HOOK for the FTW title at either BOTB/All Out/Grand Slam but if they hold off on that for a little bit so we can get a proper Team Taz reunion first as part of the trios tournament I'd be all for that.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Watching Sammy's Vlog and I'm blown away that Matt Sydal was pretty funny and charismatic

They should change his character up to take advantage of it he's so bland on TV

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Actually very smart to do the trios title as Kenny's first return program, means he can share the load with the Bucks and slowly ease back into things.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
It would make little sense storytelling wise

but if you want a giant marquee match and 6 stars drawn minimum

Omega/Bucks vs Ospreay/FTR

whew

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
Yes!

4fdd763bf006daa63afb179cfc67b77e7a3b0fb1.gifv

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Could have started the trios title months ago to give BCC, Team Taz, Death Triangle, House of Black, Best Friends, Dark Order… some stuff to do, but no, we had to wait for one dude lol

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Could have started the trios title months ago to give BCC, Team Taz, Death Triangle, House of Black, Best Friends, Dark Order… some stuff to do, but no, we had to wait for one dude lol
This is exactly what I said at the time.

TK is so dead-set on his plans sometimes and he doesn't budge a bit. It's infuriating.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Man, I'm so excited for Kennys return, as times gone on I've felt his absence more and more. Hopefully we get a Hangman/Kenny/Bucks reunion 🫂

Status
Not open for further replies.