• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Takeshita is the future top wrestler on earth and I think it's coming sooner than many would think.

He needs to move from DDT to NOAH or NJPW

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
"Oh, last week's Dynamite was boring and skipable huh? QT, BRING ME A CASE OF WHITE CLAW SURGE! I'LL BOOK YOU A FUCKIN DYNAMITE. LET'S GO!!!!!" -TK, probably

Edit: TK is great at booking these big matches but that huge blind spot for the women's division! If he had held off on the split between Deeb and Mercedes for one week he could've booked a match with the other super tag team, Thunder Storm. Have a great match until Deeb lays out Mercedes and leaves. Mercedes tries to come back and maybe gets a close roll up pin but eventually eats Storm's hip and loses. Super pissed, she lays down the challenge for Death Before Dishonor.

But no, this nothing match between Deeb and Jay works, I guess...

Last edited:

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
"Oh, last week's Dynamite was boring and skipable huh? QT, BRING ME A CASE OF WHITE CLAW SURGE! I'LL BOOK YOU A FUCKIN DYNAMITE. LET'S GO!!!!!" -TK, probably

Dont forget the coke

8ltrbgw4rjh0.gif

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

Edit: TK is great at booking these big matches but that huge blind spot for the women's division! If he had held off on the split between Deeb and Mercedes for one week he could've booked a match with the other super tag team, Thunder Storm. Have a great match until Deeb lays out Mercedes and leaves. Mercedes tries to come back and maybe gets a close roll up pin but eventually eats Storm's hip and loses. Super pissed, she lays down the challenge for Death Before Dishonor.

But no, this nothing match between Deeb and Jay works, I guess...

there's just zero enthusiasm for the Women's side from Tony.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Really fun Elevation tonight

- Caprice Coleman & Tony Schivone made a good commentary team. Should be permanent
- JD Drake vs Dante Martin was good. They had good chemistry together
- Ethan Page vs Colin Delaney was fun. It's great seeing Colin pop up when their in Rochester.
- Best Friends vs The Factory was good also. It's great to see the Best Friends back.
- Julia Hart's look is slowly getting there. Her attire doesn't really work though. It's just her old attire but black. It needs to evolve a bit into something more "evil". She also needs a mask for her entrance. Right now she just has a black bandana over her nose/mouth.
- The rest were quick squash matches and nothing to write about

Rating: B-

Jan 31, 2018
NOAH sucks right now and thinking he's going to NJPW is not understanding where Takeshita comes from. He's not Ibushi, he hasn't burned bridges.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
How is current Dragon Gate? (If you follow it) I used to watch the promotion regularly in 2007/2008 when CIMA, Shingo, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk, Masato Yoshino used to rule the place. Also now remembering Cyber Kong too lol
Current DG is fine , prime DG was loads better but I l Ike the current product, DG is still the best unit based promotion.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Also GLEAT is the best men's japenese promotion right now. DDT is a close second...
I don't watch GLEAT as much as I want to but it's always entertaining.

As for DDT, it's easily my favorite promotion. It just has everything you could ask for in wrestling, from comedy to epic matches. The general vibe is just perfect. Also great to see so many young talent.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Tuesday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Anyone know when Dark usually goes up? Cannot wait to see the Rosa and PAC matches.

UK time (I'm making an assumption based on your avatar - go Swansea!) it normally premiers on YouTube at midnight.

What a crazy line-up this week!

I think Takeshita can win this thing, given how Mox has been through the wars lately including a brutal defence against Brody King just last week. If Takeshita does earn his shot then maybe they'll have them main event Fyter Fest Night 2 again next week, or save it for the next Battle of the Belts.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
UK time (I'm making an assumption based on your avatar - go Swansea!) it normally premiers on YouTube at midnight.

Yup you've got me! Midnight you say, I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening then. I'd love Takeshita to beat Mox, I can't see it mind you!

Signed up last night for Wrestle Universe as they have a 14 day free trial, was looking forward to the Rosa match, then cocaine Tony sticks it on Dark!!!

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I really like these 'beat the champ to get a title shot' matches TK likes to do.

Sure, they could just book Mox vs Takeshita in a title match anyway, but we all know he's going to lose that so there's little drama. Or even a normal Mox vs Takeshita match with no stipulation, which again we know Mox is winning because they won't want their holder losing in a random non-title match.

This stipulation makes it absolutely believable that Takeshita could win it. So while the loss in the title match is still just as inevitable, it creates enough excitement and intrigue and also gives Takeshita some real shine even if Mox is going to win the next match. And they wouldn't even need to pay it off straight away, or even within the next few months. You could bring Takeshita back to claim his match further in the future when he is an even bigger star and legitimate threat against whoever holds it at that point.

It's simple booking but it works for me.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
What is it with these dumb "beat the champion to face the champion" matches being a thing in AEW now? It is stupid in WWE and it's stupid in AEW too. If you beat the champion, you should be the champion, not the N°1 contender.

Oh well, at least they'll be good matches.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
What is it with these dumb "beat the champion to face the champion" matches being a thing in AEW now? It is stupid in WWE and it's stupid in AEW too. If you beat the champion, you should be the champion, not the N°1 contender.

In AEW it is usually explained by the person (or team) not being in the Top 5. If you aren't in the Top 5 you *generally* aren't going to get a title shot, but obviously if you beat the champ you've earned one. They want to avoid people getting random title shots (although there are certainly notable exceptions to that too) like in other promotions.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Other than the match we'll see on dark has anyone actually won a match against the champ to get a title shot?

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

Most recent 2 are Takeshita & Yamashita, both foreign talents so I guess it's part of the recent Forbidden Door push. I can't see Takeshita winning unless Garcia or someone gets involved with Mox.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
In AEW it is usually explained by the person (or team) not being in the Top 5. If you aren't in the Top 5 you *generally* aren't going to get a title shot, but obviously if you beat the champ you've earned one. They want to avoid people getting random title shots (although there are certainly notable exceptions to that too) like in other promotions.

Most recent 2 are Takeshita & Yamashita, both foreign talents so I guess it's part of the recent Forbidden Door push. I can't see Takeshita winning unless Garcia or someone gets involved with Mox.

Yeah the Ranking system is just a way to make you believe in wins and loses, but it's obviously something that in the "big picture" booking doesn't matter. I mean FTR has been N°1 contender for months, and Moxley wasn't in the Top 5 and suddendly was the N°1 contender

Tanahashi had an eliminator match against someone who wasn't the champion, to face Moxley, that makes more sense (or those battle royales).

This is dumb. It doesn't really matter in the end (as most rules in wrestling), but I've never liked the idea behind these things. Neither in WWE or anywhere else.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yeah the Ranking system is just a way to make you believe in wins and loses, but it's obviously something that in the "big picture" booking doesn't matter. I mean FTR has been N°1 contender for months, and Moxley wasn't in the Top 5 and suddendly was the N°1 contender

Tanahashi had an eliminator match against someone who wasn't the champion, to face Moxley, that makes more sense (or those battle royales).

This is dumb. It doesn't really matter in the end (as most rules in wrestling), but I've never liked the idea behind these things. Neither in WWE or anywhere else.
Oh, I'm not vouching for the concept, and yeah, I know that they throw out the idea of 'You've got to be top 5 ranked if you want a title shot' when backed into a corner (like with Punk's injury).

I am okay with FTR focusing on the titles they have though. For secondary championships under the AEW branding, they take you out of top 5 consideration, so I just look at it the same way really. It's a bit weird to me how Joe and Martinez aren't in the Top 5 of their respective singles divisions also, nor are they listed as ROH champions, but FTR are in the tag rankings. So the ROH titles are in a bit of a weird limbo space right now.

Generally I don't think much about the top 5 rankings though. They're generally used to give someone a title shot by having them pad their record and work their way up for a few weeks, but other than that I don't know that they provide any real value. Plus, you could just point to someone being on a winning streak and do the same thing.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of "champ wants to fight X, the officials say 'ok, but it's not for the belt cuz they aren't ranked'" and it gets me matches like Danielson vs Omega and Mox vs Takeshita AND gives me the slightest hope that Takeshita will get a rare win over Mox* instead of it being directly for the title, so....

* if he wins I'll be pleasantly but thoroughly shocked...

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
At least in AEW it's mostly wrestlers that fans want to see or talent not signed to the company in those matches.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine relegating Rosa vs Yamashita to fucking Dark.

I mean, they're not going to have their live crowd sit and watch a video of a match that happened in Japan.

Replaying matches featuring AEW talent in other promotions on Dark is a really cool idea that's probably good for those other promotions.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Three years ago, one of my ideas for Dark was to just have tapings from indy shows featuring AEW talent. I think they should do even more of that, and not just with champions, either.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I mean, they're not going to have their live crowd sit and watch a video of a match that happened in Japan.

Replaying matches featuring AEW talent in other promotions on Dark is a really cool idea that's probably good for those other promotions.

This. A lot of y'all forget that you're the most hardcore of hardcore wrestling fans lol. Hell, I watch a shit ton of wrestling and still had no idea who Yamashita was until recently. Using Dark as showcase of international/indy talent wrestling AEW talent in outside promotions is a great way to grow everyone's brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.