• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
On June 27, Angels tweeted, "Excited for what's next." The tweet had many fans speculating if that means Angels' time in AEW was coming to an end. Angels added more fuel to the fire by changing his profile picture to black and removing AEW references.
Speaking to Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp, Angels revealed that his AEW contract does expire on June 30, which would make him a free agent on July 1.
"My contract, I was told about a month and a half ago, that they are not going to re-sign me. They did offer me a per-appearance, which I decided not to take, just solely based off what I thought was best for me. I feel there is more room to grow outside of AEW, right now, at this point in my career. It's nothing against AEW or Tony Khan or any of the higher-ups in the business. It's a personal thing. I feel, me going on the Indies and showing people what I can really do and showing people that I am a good fucking wrestler, I feel that will raise my stock -- not saying it's impossible to do that in AEW, but I guess the perception, how fans perceive Alan Angels, is, I'm the bottom guy in Dark Order and I feel I can change that outside of AEW. It's possible in AEW, but I feel it would take longer. On top of that, I never got to have a great Indie career. I was on the Indies for three years, got lucky, and got scooped up. As a wrestling fan, being an Indie wrestler and doing cool ass Indie shows, that's a thing I want to do. There are plenty of places to make money in pro wrestling right now. That's not to say that I won't be back in AEW, maybe I will, I don't know, but that's pretty much it. They offered me something, I felt it was better for me not to. That's all it was," he said.​

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017

On June 27, Angels tweeted, "Excited for what's next." The tweet had many fans speculating if that means Angels' time in AEW was coming to an end. Angels added more fuel to the fire by changing his profile picture to black and removing AEW references.
Speaking to Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp, Angels revealed that his AEW contract does expire on June 30, which would make him a free agent on July 1.
"My contract, I was told about a month and a half ago, that they are not going to re-sign me. They did offer me a per-appearance, which I decided not to take, just solely based off what I thought was best for me. I feel there is more room to grow outside of AEW, right now, at this point in my career. It's nothing against AEW or Tony Khan or any of the higher-ups in the business. It's a personal thing. I feel, me going on the Indies and showing people what I can really do and showing people that I am a good fucking wrestler, I feel that will raise my stock -- not saying it's impossible to do that in AEW, but I guess the perception, how fans perceive Alan Angels, is, I'm the bottom guy in Dark Order and I feel I can change that outside of AEW. It's possible in AEW, but I feel it would take longer. On top of that, I never got to have a great Indie career. I was on the Indies for three years, got lucky, and got scooped up. As a wrestling fan, being an Indie wrestler and doing cool ass Indie shows, that's a thing I want to do. There are plenty of places to make money in pro wrestling right now. That's not to say that I won't be back in AEW, maybe I will, I don't know, but that's pretty much it. They offered me something, I felt it was better for me not to. That's all it was," he said.​

Interesting.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
7K6A5TZ_d.webp

Shoutouts AEW Era from Detroit :)

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

I think he's doing the right thing.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Can respect his decision, probably knowing he always has an AEW per appearance deal as a possibility if things quickly go south.

But in any case, we know he's talented in the ring and I think he's right that he might have hit his ceiling on what he can do right now in AEW. Wishing Alan luck and I hope he comes back some day an even better wrestler all around.

Oct 27, 2017
I get not having plans but when they found out those two were returning they probably could've moved some shit around to get em on Rampage at least

silentbum

Oct 27, 2017
Jane is cool, but I really loved Where Is My Mind? as Cassidy's theme.

What's been up with JR lately? I've noticed Taz has been sitting in a bunch lately. Not a complaint, I actually much prefer this.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Will miss "Where is My Mind" hope it's just for the Best Friends.

Also really loved the reference to having a managerial license. I cannot remember the last time I heard someone say that you had to have a mandatorial license to be at ringside.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate if that's a serious injury for Santana. With his contract up in September and some of his comments indicating he might not sign another one, could be the last we see of him.

Santana has been getting a ton of outside solo opportunities, including championship runs in Puerto Rico and the ROH title shot he got at one of the early Terminus shows. I think he's talked about that being where he wants to be so if that's true, I could see why he wouldn't want to go back to AEW at the moment.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just for folk who missed it, here's the clip of where Santana hurt himself. Pretty obvious what happened. NSFW. It's not particularly hard to watch, outside of knowing it's an injury.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One match show but I loved the one match.
I legit laughed when they showed jades opponent with an 0-4 record. Cut the shit and stop with these matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.