• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.jacksonville.com/news/n...n-among-nfl-owners-gave-1m-trump-inauguration

Will the "money donated to gun violence victims" at the Jacksonville show equal the cool million dollars that Daddy Khan stroked Trump for his inauguration committee.

Probably not, but I'm sure the same people who slam Vince's association with Trump will have excuses why it's OK for Cody's money mark to give cash to President Trump and for people to continue to support AEW, right? After all, it's not like Trump nominated two likely anti-gun control judges to the Supreme Court and dozens of anti-gun control judges to the lower courts as well. Or I wonder how Khan feels about Obamacare repeal, as he promises health insuraance for employees, but screw people on Medicaid I guess.

Of course, many people in this thread are already in a bubble where the WWE is Always Bad and Terrible and whoever opposes them are the Good Guys.
A lot of people are going to be upset hearing this, but you're right.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
One is rumored to be a Turner station, right? Cause that would be awesome.

Imagine it's POP? LOL
One of the old WCW networks would be a good one. TNT or TBS.

Don't know how hard it would be to secure something like that for a fledgling promotion but I get the feeling they're aiming big and landing on a channel out in the middle of cable limbo somewhere like Impact has would be a bad start.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.jacksonville.com/news/n...n-among-nfl-owners-gave-1m-trump-inauguration

Will the "money donated to gun violence victims" at the Jacksonville show equal the cool million dollars that Daddy Khan stroked Trump for his inauguration committee.

Probably not, but I'm sure the same people who slam Vince's association with Trump will have excuses why it's OK for Cody's money mark to give cash to President Trump and for people to continue to support AEW, right? After all, it's not like Trump nominated two likely anti-gun control judges to the Supreme Court and dozens of anti-gun control judges to the lower courts as well. Or I wonder how Khan feels about Obamacare repeal, as he promises health insuraance for employees, but screw people on Medicaid I guess.

Of course, many people in this thread are already in a bubble where the WWE is Always Bad and Terrible and whoever opposes them are the Good Guys.
Probably because Khan is no longer a trump supporter and has been openly critical of him multiple times almost immediately after his election, show me where Vince has said a negative thing about Trump in his life

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/13/shad-khan-jaguars-owner-donald-trump-great-divider
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...mp-has-shown-leadership-as-the-great-divider/

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

Since Trump has been in office, Khan has:

Called Trump "the great divider"
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...mp-has-shown-leadership-as-the-great-divider/

Opposed his immigration ban
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/04/...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

Said Trump was wrong on anthem protests
https://sports.yahoo.com/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-unites-players-defiance-trump-143949834.html

Go ahead and point to me where Vince has said anything negative about Trump

foggy

Oct 25, 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/04/...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-unites-players-defiance-trump-143949834.html

He tries

So hard

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Probably because Khan is no longer a trump supporter and has been openly critical of him multiple times almost immediately after his election, show me where Vince has said a negative thing about Trump in his life

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/13/shad-khan-jaguars-owner-donald-trump-great-divider

Not only has Vince not been critical of Trump, he put him in his HOF. He also took Saudi money.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

Well... it was nice try, Jesse.

What else you got?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Saw someone note this little bit

They never said Double or Nothing was a PPV show

It could end up being that, but they weren't certain enough of that to say it.

Could end up being on TV if they have their deal by then.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Let's try to get things back on topic here.

While the current discussion doesn't really fit here, if anyone wants to make a thread about wrestling promoters and their political leanings, you are free to do so.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Let's try to get things back on topic here.

While the current discussion doesn't really fit here, if anyone wants to make a thread about wrestling promoters and their political leanings, you are free to do so.

You could start by banning the troll? Since he keeps trying to derail the thread with nonsense

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jericho is a legend and all. But dude is starting to look like 2006 era fat Axel Rose.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Cody should look for friends at WWE who are big names but never haver appeared in indie scene.

Guys like Cena, Orton, Ziggler, Miz, New Day, Slater, Rotunda Brothers etc.

I'm guessing his closest friends like Rotundas, Curtis Axel, Tye Dillenger are locks when their deal is up. Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas absolutely have no future in WWE. Axel is a trainer in WWE but I can see him leaving too. I'd be surprised if they'll give any TV appearance in the future.

Once Cena becomes fully free agent, it would take one phone call to have him appear on AEW. The whole Crown Jewel thing showed that he's not Vince's lapdog, and I think he'll do whatever he can do for his friends. The Rock is in the same boat too. I'm not sure about Ziggler or The Miz, but I suspect with newer talent is coming up, there would be time they need to move on. Orton... He's not like Cena, he's getting that crazy money for just being a wrestler. Could his time be up in near future too? I really can't predict.

I don't see any of the Hunter's "kids" leaving. Hunter will do best he could to keep them there, guys like Sullivan, Breeze, Revival, Gable & Jordan, AoP. He could fail like he did with Neville, but Neville's indie background gave him courage. Neville was not like those "kids".

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cody should look for friends at WWE who are big names but never haver appeared in indie scene.

I'm guessing his closest friends like Rotundas, Curtis Axel, Tye Dillenger are locks when their deal is up. Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas absolutely have no future in WWE. Axel is a trainer in WWE but I can see him leaving too. I'd be surprised if they'll give any TV appearance in the future.

Once Cena becomes fully free agent, it would take one phone call to have him appear on AEW. The whole Crown Jewel thing showed that he's not Vince's lapdog, and I think he'll do whatever he can do for his friends. The Rock is in the same boat too. I'm not sure about Ziggler or The Miz, but I suspect with newer talent is coming up, there would be time they need to move on. Orton... He's not like Cena, he's getting that crazy money for just being a wrestler. Could his time be up in near future too? I really can't predict.

I don't see any of the Hunter's "kids" leaving. Hunter will do best he could to keep them there, guys like Sullivan, Breeze, Revival, Gable & Jordan, AoP. He could fail like he did with Neville, but Neville's indie background gave him courage. Neville was not like those "kids".

lmao Cena, Orton, and Miz are going absolutely nowhere

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017

Cena is never truly leaving the WWE. Guy is the face of the company.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.

Those guys bleed WWE and were made there, its where they flourish. They got no reason to leave.

Cena? Cena is huge, slowly rising to the point where Dwayne is today. He does not need WWE, just like Jericho. He could appear on AEW without giving any fuck.

Orton? He's a childhood friend of Cody. Could he leave everything behind and start anew? Anything could happen and anything is happening right now.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That's some good weed

Oct 25, 2017

Nah this isn't happening

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Cena is a company man to thee hardest extend and would not leeave WWE. Orton is lazy and is comfortable with the money he is making in WWE. Don't want him in AEW even if he was interested. Ziggler is ok but he's one of those guy's who gotta be careful about hiring since he's been beeten down a lot in WWE his confidence is probably down which would make him a hindrance. Miz is comfortable in WWE and would probably not consider change. Slater has been booked like a geek and is not someone who should NOT be pushed in the top of AEW since it would make everyone eelse look weak. Rotunda Brotheers aree ok.

basically, most of these guys are a pipe dream.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Cena learned how to speak mandarin for company expansion and you think he's gonna turn up at AEW lmao

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cena? Cena is huge, slowly rising to the point where Dwayne is today. He does not need WWE, just like Jericho. He could appear on AEW without giving any fuck.

Orton? He's a childhood friend of Cody. Could he leave everything behind and start anew? Anything could happen and anything is happening right now.

Do you understand how much of a company man John Cena is? He's not going to do anything like that, regardless of if he has the power to or not.

Orton is way too comfortable in his spot to care to branch out at this point in his career. He's got one of the easiest schedules on the WWE roster.

Saying "anything could happen!" isn't some catch-all to explain away illogical conclusions.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
That's some good weed
Nah this isn't happening

Would you have believed if someone said Jericho to sign somewhere else before he even made that appearance in NJPW? I certainly would not.

Do you understand how much of a company man John Cena is? He's not going to do anything like that, regardless of if he has the power to or not.

Is this "Cena is a company man" thing still going on? He no longer is such thing, I believe that Crown Jewel thing proved it. He's getting bigger, even much bigger than WWE itself like The Rock. He's at a point where Vince BEGS him to come back, not ORDERS him. And if he was to make a choice between Vince & his kids and Cody & Jericho, his choice would be clear

Last edited:

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
If you are thinking of main roster guys who might eventually go, you are talking about the likes of Tyler Breeze, Zack Ryder, Anderson & Gallows, The Revival, Tye Dillinger, etc. That level

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this "Cena is a company man" thing still going on? He no longer is such thing, I believe that Crown Jewel thing proved it. He's getting bigger, even much bigger than WWE itself like The Rock. He's at a point where Vince BEGS him to come back, not ORDERS him. And if he was to make a choice between Vince & his kids and Cody & Jericho, his choice would be clear

John Cena will never wrestle or appear for AEW

You can quote that, bookmark it, do whatever you want. It's a delusion to think otherwise.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

its not a matter of him needing WWE, it's a matter of how loyal he is to WWE. Jericho has toured different promotions before he settled in WWE and even considered TNA at one point . He's not a company man like Cena. Cena is a HARDCORE company man, he was legitimately mad at the rock because he left for hollywood. He learned chinese since WWE wanted to expand in china. The dude is locked in WWE.

John Cena will never wrestle or appear for AEW

You can quote that, bookmark it, do whatever you want. It's a delusion to think otherwise.

x2 cause I agree with this 100%

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Cena and Jericho are way way way different people. The lower card people sure but people like cena and randy have no reason to leave.

I think he's already "left". He won't sign even a part timer contract when his current one is done and will get paid by appearance. I can't imagine him refusing an offer from AEW after he's totally free even it's much lower than WWE has for him.

If you are thinking of main roster guys who might eventually go, you are talking about the likes of Tyler Breeze, Zack Ryder, Anderson & Gallows, The Revival, Tye Dillinger, etc. That level

The way The Revival and Good Brothers are getting pushed right now shows that WWE is reluctant to part ways with their newer talent. Hunter would do everything to stop them leaving. He failed with neville, he won't do same thing again.

There are some guys that WWE seem to be pretty much done with. Rotunda Brothers are the best example. Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas are going nowhere and probably won't make any televised appearance anytime soon. Both are Cody's good friends and they seem to be lock for AEW.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The way The Revival and Good Brothers are getting pushed right now shows that WWE is reluctant to part ways with their newer talent. Hunter would do everything to stop them leaving. He failed with neville, he won't do same thing again.
I don't think it'll work.

It would be a different story if Hunter could actually change things that much but I think they can see the writing on the wall that Vince isn't interested in them or the tag divisions and wouldn't go into a bidding war over them.

If they can get paid just as good or better in AEW, I'm guessing they take it.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's already "left". He won't sign even a part timer contract when his current one is done and will get paid by appearance. I can't imagine him refusing an offer from AEW after he's totally free even it's much lower than WWE
Dude comes and goes when he wants and wrestles on his time now while making bank. He is the face of the company. Why the hell would he go somewhere that isnt proven in the slightest? Kenny in wwe has a way bigger shot of happening. Add me to the list of cena to never leave wwe.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Guys like Cena, Orton, Ziggler, Miz,

Orton has mentally checked out for years. Dude is not going to drop his cushy job.

If Ziggler wanted to leave, he would've pulled a Neville/Cody by now.

Miz/Cena are lifers.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Dude comes and goes when he wants and wrestles on his time now while making bank. He is the face of the company. Why the hell would he go somewhere that isnt proven in the slightest? Kenny in wwe has a way bigger shot of happening. Add me to the list of cena to never leave wwe.

Why wouldn't he? As I said, he's huge. Really huge. Even appearing in bingo halls for free can't hurt him in any way. He's literally invincible. All I'm saying he won't refuse a simple favor from an old friend. I'm not saying he'd sign a full contract but I believe making an innocent appearance on a PPV shouldn't be out of question.

Also, he himself said, his "time" is done. He's no longer the face of the company. He's free, he's in the "no fucks given" zone. I expect him to do some crazy stuff in the future and appearing on AEW wouldn't be the craziest.

Orton has mentally checked out for years. Dude is not going to drop his cushy job.

If Ziggler wanted to leave, he would've pulled a Neville/Cody by now.

Miz/Cena are lifers.

I'm pretty sure Ziggler has tried leaving at least once in recent years. His last title reigns seemed like management's gifts for him for not leaving. But now AEW is here. Future is unpredictable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.