• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Yes, this was originally called "Aliens: Fireteam." Yes, they added "Elite" to the title.

Get hyped, y'all!
Hello-my-baby-hello-my-honey-hello-my-ragtime-Gal-The-Alien-Dance.gif

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Please... please... can there be a good Aliens (not Alien) game that wasn't released over a decade ago???

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
It's weird, 20 years ago this would have been a super hyped game for my teenage self who loved playing co-op multiplayer AvP with my friends, but somehow I am not super interested in this one. Maybe I'm just older and find guns and aliens less fascinating these days. But to be honest, the game looks really good.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I googled the game and got this result, but it doesn't work for me?

Aliens: Fireteam Elite

Set in the iconic Alien universe, Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a cooperative third-person survival shooter that drops your fireteam of hardened marines into a desperate fight to contain the evolving Xenomorph threat.

Does this work for anyone else?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I googled the game and got this result, but it doesn't work for me?

Aliens: Fireteam Elite

Set in the iconic Alien universe, Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a cooperative third-person survival shooter that drops your fireteam of hardened marines into a desperate fight to contain the evolving Xenomorph threat.

Does this work for anyone else?

Seems to work just fine for me (PC, Vivaldi).

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Huh. No matter what I do, it keeps sending me to https://www.aliensfireteam.com/de/, and there, all I get is

Code:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>NXZ4CKQ10AGRNF1Q</RequestId>
<HostId>kvLRyjpomVoAXVjLU3hezS4yhb4wkt/rEW69CK0G4YPMLJz/5i1B8uVC2+txKIaiYp3uHmn2js0=</HostId>
</Error>

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Huh. No matter what I do, it keeps sending me to https://www.aliensfireteam.com/de/, and there, all I get is

Code:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>NXZ4CKQ10AGRNF1Q</RequestId>
<HostId>kvLRyjpomVoAXVjLU3hezS4yhb4wkt/rEW69CK0G4YPMLJz/5i1B8uVC2+txKIaiYp3uHmn2js0=</HostId>
</Error>
Give this a shot.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the game looked really interesting. I would vastly prefer if it was a fps but I understand why they did it this way.

My only worry was the amount if maps and thr longevity, but at least it's the right price point.

Surprised they didn't have an e3 showing, itching to see more, especially the engineer levels.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
itching to see more, especially the engineer levels.
I haven't followed much of the Prometheus extended universe stuff (not that I get the impression that there was anything significant outside of the Fire and Stone comic), but I'm curious to see what Cold Iron Studios does with the prequel mythology. I was surprised to see that the game included Engineer aesthetics and didn't selectively ignore that to effectively rewind the state of the the universe back to the Space Jockey era.

I'll likely just catch the game's renditions of the Engineers on YouTube, as I'm not a fan of Aliens and its marines, but it'd be great if the quality of this game transcends those elements so I have to play it. I feel awkward continuing to mention this when Cold Iron's work is brought up, but Scorn releases soon, and Scorn appears to more so be what I superficially want from Alien (Prometheus) games, but ideally both titles will be great and I support both.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Is this Strictly multiplayer game or does it have a single player campaign?

This is a game focused on campaign that can be played solo with AI or up to 4 players in coop. It has 8 story missions (maybe side missions too...) if I recall from an old interview from IGN.

The structure of the game is based on exploration and horde. So I do expect a bit of repetition on the missions but could be refreshing with different classes, skills and weapons to improve.

For 40.... and Aliens... and friends.... I'm all in.

Edit: made a huge mess here. Shouldn't trust my memory.

It has 4 story campaigns, each with 3 missions. 20 types of enemies. And it's coop component is for 3 players, not 4.

Last edited: