• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 54 72.0%
  • Already have

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
zGHQb4O.gif

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Came in the thread expecting the toy story mochi,

d64564b2271db9a83c68160cb38ac2fa.jpg

not...whatever the fuck that was in the OP. (Hell yeah I'd try it)

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Warasubo. Never had it in a dumpling, but I've had it grilled as well as dried warasubo used to make broth/stock for ramen and soups before. It was delicious. I'd eat this no problem.

If you're in the US and along the west coast from Southern Oregon to near Santa Barbara, I heartily recommend seeking out Monkeyface Prickleback/Monkeyface Eel. Like the warasubo, it's not a true eel but definitely looks the part, and is just stupid tasty (and sustainable).

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Hell yeah, looks great

You don't eat the heads
I hope they make that clear to the diners.

We once went to L.A. (we're British) and went to an amazing Japanese restaurant. Had a tempura platter. There were prawn heads that appeared to have been fried, and had bubbles of tempura batter on them. We'd never seen this before, even though we like Japanese food, and we weren't sure. You know that thing where you're almost embarassed to ask whether you should eat something or whether it's garnish because you don't want to look ignorant, naive, or stupid? We took the leap. Tasted great.

2 hours later we were drunk British tourists in some random run down but friendly bar in Hollywood chatting with a guy and his girlfriend, and he was like "Motherfucker you crazy, I aint eating no shrimp heads", and made cross-atlantic new friends arguing in a joking way about what bits of a sea creature are worth eating.

I still wouldnt eat that terrifying dumpling though.

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm kinda curious to try it because I'm an alien fan. Perfect snack for a alien movie marathon.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
I would! Steamed fish bones could get pretty soft so not surprised about eating the whole head

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Would crush the dumplings themselves, they look amazing.

The head I would maybe try, I would prefer someone go first and let me know how crunchy/tough it is.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
This is nothing, I used to watch my family crunch open shrimp heads and suck out the juice from their faces, eyes and feelers and all still attached.

head-fresh-shrimps-large-red-brewing-snack-base-Bisk-soup-traditional-dish-of-spain-and-italy.jpg