• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Listen to that goddamn beat. It's so good. It's so catchy. Stupidly amazing track.

Misspelled the track. I'm so sorry, queen.

Last edited:

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I remember when radios started playing ATB - 9PM around that time too. First time hearing some form of dance on the radios.

Oct 28, 2017
Reminds me when I used to go to raves in the late 90s/early 2000s. This song played at every party we went to.

The other song that was played constantly was Drowning and that was my jam.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the entire album and it was one of the first CDs I got when I got bamboozled into Columbia House Music Club

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I think anyone with a inkling of EDM knowledge would agree with you.

OP
OP
HououinKyouma

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You ever hear In A Dream by Rockell?
Oh my lord, this is amazing.
98fa231c70d765f4640b5693bb23dc06.gif

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Better Off Alone is a classic. There's just something magical about 90s EDM in general.

Let me toss my hat in the ring with La Bouche's "Be My Lover" as another 90s song that gets me aggressively posing whenever I hear it.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021

Cathy Dennis slaps. She's also done a whole bunch of songwriting, including for Britney Spears' Toxic (toxic rules okay deal with it).

Let me toss my hat in the ring with La Bouche's "Be My Lover" as another 90s song that gets me aggressively posing whenever I hear it.

Any time this song gets brought up, I will immediately hear "la da da dee da da da da" in my head. Classic.

StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
I still regularly play these songs in the thread on the radio, on a mix show. Including modern remixes. All time faves!

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When I first entered college, I was reeling from a breakup with my high school girlfriend. I missed high school and wanted to go back so badly. I didn't like college even though I met an incredible group of friends. The first time I honestly began to enjoy college was when my friends convinced me to perform a dance with them at the annual date auction. I'm usually a reserved guy but decided to go for it. We danced Better Off Alone. It was the turning point for me in college and one of my best memories. Now that I'm older, I miss college a lot, haha.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
90s dance music has a very distinct sound. Is there a reason for this? I assume its due in part to limitations in tech at the time.

I'm blue...

Apr 24, 2018
Track is definitely an all time classic in the edm world, although it is pretty cheesy. I'd definitely classify it as a guilty pleasure track of mine.

I remember when radios started playing ATB - 9PM around that time too. First time hearing some form of dance on the radios.
It's a shame ATB sort of fell off the map. I feel like anyone who started listening to trance in the late 90s/early 00s invariably heard at least one track from either ATB, Tiesto, or Armin van Buuren. Also a shame that Tiesto doesn't place pure trance anymore, either. At least Armin is still going strong...

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Great song, the hook was really catchy and it was quite a typical Dutch clubtrance sound from the late 90s. Was originally released a DJ Jurgen track but I think they changed it to Alice Deejay for more international appeal. Couple of Dutch producers and a radio dj who was also behind the Vengaboys made the record.