• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017

Plot details are of course scarce as they always are with the super secretive Marvel productions, but we were informed Molina arrived on set a bit ago to work on some stunt choreography and has started filming his scenes in the past couple weeks.

Edit - With regards to the source, this was retweeded onto my timeline by DanielRPK who has a record of being spot on with this stuff

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It should've been

5t28q6q1qw531.png

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I don't care for fast-tracking the Sinister Six this way. Part of the fun is that it's all people he's fought before, but that the change in dynamic is so overwhelming (plus them compensating for the ways he beat them the first time)

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't care for fast-tracking the Sinister Six this way. Part of the fun is that it's all people he's fought before, but that the change in dynamic is so overwhelming.

I agree, but unfortunately the Disney/Sony relationship is tenuous so if you want something you can't bank on six solo movies to make it happen.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Geeks WorldWide is a highly suspect source.

That being said, rumors are going around that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are supposed to appear in SM3.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How do you unplug the MCU?

You can't. It's self sustaining now.

There. The Disney+. Drown it in the Disney+. It's the only way.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this Spider-man is really going places

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to believe that SPE is this creatively bankrupt. I mean, they are definitely creatively bankrupt, but to this degree? Come on

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
DanielRPK is definitely not spot-on... small grain of salt territory y'all. Wait for the trades to confirm!

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Raimi - doc ock and gobbie
Shittty Webb - electro and lizard
mcu - vulture and mysterio
Yuuuup this was my exact thought reading the title, we're not just getting Sinister Six, but we're getting a multi-dimensional Sinister Six, aren't we?

Notgonna lie that idea excites me WAY more than just a normal one.

I don't know how other people feel about it but I would be totally OK with someone doing an experiment to bring Osborn back to life, which succeeds, but turns him into Monster/Ultimate Green Goblin in the process.

Edit: Though I suspect instead of Gobbie we'll get MCU Scorpion, since he's been introduced already and would sidestep the issue of Osborn being dead. Isn't Lizard dead, too? Maybe he'll be replaced with Venom?

So the "MCU" Sinister Six roster would be Doc Ock, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, Scorpion, and Venom?

(Though with Venom having been set up as an Anti-Hero I dunno if they'd want to make him outright bad for this)

Did Sandman die? Could he be the 6th? I barely remember Spider-Man 3

Last edited:

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Imagine the plot is the multiverse is out of control, and there are portals opening up all around NYC, and Tobey's Spidey comes out of on of them fighting Doc Ock (Alfred Molina), and then Andrew Garfield's Spidey comes out of another fighting Electro (Jamie Foxx).

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Said this before in the old thread, betting my house Tobey shows up and before he leaves will drop the responsibility line

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Keep in mind that unless the source of Variety, Deadline or Marvel themselves, the track record of all these sources are spotted at best.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to say how hard they're going into the multiversal angle when we already have JK Simmons reprising JJJ in a way that clearly doesn't coincide at all with his original Raimi portrayal. Could this just be a role reprisal, could this actually be alternate versions showing up (keep in mind both Molina's Ock and Foxx's Electro straight-up die), who knows. I'd still personally prefer the former but people are clearly thirsting hard for the latter so wouldn't exactly blame them for it.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
After J Jonah, I don't think this has to be a multiverse thing. It's just actors being the same but different characters, just to make it easier when they do Secret Wars and can have everyone still play their multiverse selves.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly don't know what to think.

> Far from home stinger opened some really good possibilities in itself that'll now be shoved aside
> Multi verse is great
> Multi verse could be shite
> Molina's Doc Ock was fantastic
> Doc Ock deserves his own film and attention and shouldn't just be wasted as one of a number of multi verse villains in one film

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Spider-Man 3 is cursed damnit. they had good thing going with Holland Spider-Man and now they want to cram all these villain. I can't help thinking this is Sony forcing thing so their villain movies are more connected to MCU.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I feel like there should be a "put website source in thread title" rule for movie rumors now.

spunodi

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be an unpopular opinion here but Alfred Molina's Dr. Octopus was the best of the Raimi Spider-Man villains. Good news if true.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
if this turns out to be true it's almost certain we're getting a spider-verse, which would explain Keaton in the Morbius trailer.