• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. What is the implied scandal?
That she's not really a working class woman from the Bronx and it's all an act to get voters/power. The braindead theory is that she grew up comfortably middle class in Yonkers and went by Sandy. She's conveniently referring to herself as "Alexandria" now in order to play up being a Latina and fraudulently connect with her constituency. Super dumb and embarrassing lol.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. What is the implied scandal?
That she's not from the Bronx because she went to high school in Westchester County. Which is like 40 mins from the Bronx, so it doesn't count.

You know, like how parents usually send their kids to better schools than the ones in the immediate area so they have better education/opportunities.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
That she's not really a working class woman from the Bronx and it's all an act to get voters/power. The braindead theory is that she grew up comfortably middle class in Yonkers and went by Sandy. She's conveniently referring to herself as "Alexandria" now in order to play up being a Latina and fraudulently connect with her constituency. Super dumb and embarrassing lol.
The real scandal is that when she was 6 months old, she was often referred to by her parents as "Cutie-pie schmoo-schmoo".... She will NEVER survive this.

Deleted member 29806

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing and excusing racism
As always, I beg to differ. Trump is no racist, at least not what you would usually call one.

He is suffering "Pauperphobia" if there was such a word. He fears and hates the poor, many of them overlapping with people of color (if only in his mind) makes people think he is a racist. Everyone from south of the US border falls in the category of people who are threating his personal wealth and that of the United States. Same goes for shithole countries and countries made of death and sand.

He isn't even a good islamophobe, he only hates those muslims who are living in caves in sand and death countries. Muslims from rich countries as Saudi Arabia are perfectly fine and welcome, as anybody from these countries is rich (and so can't be a terrorist, which obviously only based on country of origin).

So you tell me he hates people like Kapernick because he is black? Nope, he fears and hates all people who stand up (pun intended) and refuse to be bullied by him.

So you say he supports white nationalists scum (and so is one himself)? Nope, he is endorsing them because he must. It is obvious that even his majority in the electoral college is paper thin (probably already gone). If he loses their support he is gone, there isn't even a question about it. I can't prove it, but I am sure he hates most that scum - especially the non wealthy among them - probably as much as any poor hispanic trying to cross the border.

He doesn't even care about people entering the US by plane and overstaying their visas. Sure they are wealthy enough if they can afford a plane ticket and not walk thousands of miles needing to be tear-gassed.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
As always, I beg to differ. Trump is no racist, at least not what you would usually call one.

He is suffering "Pauperphobia" if there was such a word. He fears and hates the poor, many of them overlapping with people of color (if only in his mind) makes people think he is a racist. Everyone from south of the US border falls in the category of people who are threating his personal wealth and that of the United States. Same goes for shithole countries and countries made of death and sand.

He isn't even a good islamophobe, he only hates those muslims who are living in caves in sand and death countries. Muslims from rich countries as Saudi Arabia are perfectly fine and welcome, as anybody from these countries is rich (and so can't be a terrorist, which obviously only based on country of origin).

So you tell me he hates people like Kapernick because he is black? Nope, he fears and hates all people who stand up (pun intended) and refuse to be bullied by him.

So you say he supports white nationalists scum (and so is one himself)? Nope, he is endorsing them because he must. It is obvious that even his majority in the electoral college is paper thin (probably already gone). If he loses their support he is gone, there isn't even a question about it. I can't prove it, but I am sure he hates most that scum - especially the non wealthy among them - probably as much as any poor hispanic trying to cross the border.

He doesn't even care about people entering the US by plane and overstaying their visas. Sure they are wealthy enough if they can afford a plane ticket and not walk thousands of miles needing to be tear-gassed.

that's a lot of sentences to justify someone who started his career by refusing african americans from renting his properties. That was just the beginning.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

History says otherwise.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-common-thread-throughout-his-career-and-life

Trump Management Corporation
In 1973, Richard Nixon's Department of Justice sued the Trump family business for refusing to rent or negotiate rentals "because of race and color".

It also charged that the company had required prohibitively stringent rental terms and conditions to black applicants and had lied about unit availability to keep black residents out. A then 26-year-old Donald Trump was the president of the company at the time.

Three Trump doormen also told the DoJ they had been instructed to deflect African Americans who came to Trump buildings to apply for apartments. The suit was later settled "without an admission of guilt", as Trump is keen on reminding.

He started his '16 campaign being racist to Mexicans.

Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

his public statements on the central park five after they were found innocent. greatly amplifying birtherism. getting sued alongside his dad for housing discrimination over what color of poor people he'd prefer to be the slumlord of. getting elected while describing black communities as war-torn hellholes and hispanic immigrants as dangerous invading criminal hordes. opening camps for brown kids. with the muslim travel ban, SA was exempted from the travel ban because it's the country he felt the most hope for making money off of.

yes he has a long and public history of racial hatred. He can be racist, have authoritarian sympathies, and look down on the poor all at the same time. people don't have to fling N-bombs in public or participate in hate crimes to be racist. his belief that nonwhite people are inherently dangerous criminals has been one of only two consistent beliefs he's expressed over the years alongside his batshit stances on trade.

it kinda feels like the starting point of your post is an assumption that real racism must be rare.

Deleted member 9838

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why have basically every other dem for the last two years been silent and hasn't tried to lead the conversation like this?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why have basically every other dem for the last two years been silent and hasn't tried to lead the conversation like this?
Because of the 2018 Senate map having so many seats to defend in deep red territory. Schumer specifically is noticeably different. (even though he's still annoying, he's deferring to Pelosi.)

House Reps like Waters and Lieu and such were much, much more aggressive even before, and will continue to be the attack dogs because they can say/do things that national leadership can't.

Deleted member 35777

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Most of them have ties which they don't want to sever (aka business ties).

It always comes down to money, it's why her remark the other day the most of Congress doesn't work for the people of the USA but corporate interests was a laugh. She is just saying what everyone is thinking and in all honesty, she is just giving them the trump treatment but from a smarter standpoint, she has turned the republicans media tactics on its head.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Anderson: learn from this mistake. You've done a decent job articulating that Trump is racist on multiple occasions. Faking surprise when AOC essentially answered that, yes, the sky is indeed blue does nothing but let down you and your audience.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Cooper's reaction really makes him look like a moron.

Being a racist doesn't prevent from liking "good" members of minorities, ie rich, on your political side, etc.

And stop fooling yourself into thinking Trump is some kind a strategist when he clearly is not. What you described is a racist.

Last edited:

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She is definitely not only exceeding my expectations, but through sheer force of personality and just straightforward ignoring media and house norms, she's just shifting the dialog forward a lot in terms of being straight and not filtering everything through careful strategy. Just going for her best stab at the jugular without over acting it.

while i echo the praise, i think this undersells just how much goes into her being this good. she's definitely filtering everything through a careful strategy and training herself to strike the right tone when posed these questions, the only difference from the norm is that hers is the *right* strategy.

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, he's racist.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
while i echo the praise, i think this undersells just how much goes into her being this good. she's definitely filtering everything through a careful strategy and training herself to strike the right tone when posed these questions, the only difference from the norm is that hers is the *right* strategy.
Agreed, she's incredibly good at this, and this isn't something most people are incredibly good at.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
AOC isn't the first politician to call Trump a racist. A few others have as well.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/politics/john-lewis-trump-daca-comments-cnntv/index.html
https://www.axios.com/bernie-sander...bic-6da0fbe8-695a-492d-883d-865fdb96af6c.html

Practically every dem has applied the modifier "racist" to Trump's actions. Instead of saying Trump is racist, they say that he used a racial slur or dog whistle, or that the plan is 'racially charged'.

What I like is that the sexism/racism of the GOP has given AOC such a huge platform. And she is very good with using that platform to dunk on them.

(and there's a related issue that calling out a voter as racist for choosing a candidate that's racist is electorally poisonous. And that's because 20% of the Democrat base is themselves racist. This is partly why Clinton's "deplorable" comment, while true, was a huge blunder.)

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Is that a controversial statement?

sadly, yes. in the eyes of a sizeable percentage of white people, it's only really racism if you're throwing around the N word and beating people up while chanting "yes this is a hate crime" in a KKK uniform. Because racism is bad and the world must be ok so racism must be over. The just-world fallacy is a hell of a drug.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

You should participate in the mental Olympics because what you just wrote requires world class mental gymnastics to justify not calling Trump a racist.

He is a racist. Just because he isn't yelling racist shit at every black person doesn't mean he isn't one.

Also, hint: if you do racist shit & use racist rhetoric to garner political points from racist people, you are a racist.

Deleted member 29806

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
his public statements on the central park five after they were found innocent. greatly amplifying birtherism. getting sued alongside his dad for housing discrimination over what color of poor people he'd prefer to be the slumlord of. getting elected while describing black communities as war-torn hellholes and hispanic immigrants as dangerous invading criminal hordes. opening camps for brown kids. with the muslim travel ban, SA was exempted from the travel ban because it's the country he felt the most hope for making money off of.

yes he has a long and public history of racial hatred. He can be racist, have authoritarian sympathies, and look down on the poor all at the same time. people don't have to fling N-bombs in public or participate in hate crimes to be racist. his belief that nonwhite people are inherently dangerous criminals has been one of only two consistent beliefs he's expressed over the years alongside his batshit stances on trade.

it kinda feels like the starting point of your post is an assumption that real racism must be rare.
My point is he might be called a racist, but the race he targets are not hsipanics, african, african american, asian or whatever, it is those that are poor - which you really can't call a race.

I believe he is even too "stupid" to really understand/endorse white racism and on the other side too "clever" to hate all people of a certain ethnicity, religion or skin color. If they are rich like Kanye he has no problem with people of color. I bet he would welcome Carlos Slim to the US and to his home anytime.

The targets of his hate and fears can't be categorized by race so he is not a racist in my opinion. It doesn't make him less vile, he is an insecure, xenophobe opportunist who wants to keep anyone poor out of the country which combind with lack of even basic empathy makes him much worse than your standard racist. He would send poor homeless but white people out of the country if he could and sure doesn't care in the slightest if they live or die (preferably the later probably).

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cooper's reaction really makes him look like a moron.

Is it wrong of me to think that it's even more pathetic than Van Jones' "Trump became president in that moment" reaction?

Cooper has called Trump's racism for what it is multiple times. If we are to believe his reaction is genuine, then he has literally regressed as a person. But he's probably just pretending, which makes him look like a huge asshole in addition to a dumbass for thinking anyone who has paid attention since 2016 would be fooled by that shit.

Deleted member 29806

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
You should participate in the mental Olympics because what you just wrote requires world class mental gymnastics to justify not calling Trump a racist.
You might be right with the gymnastics, but I only practice them because with all the problems and evil Trump brings labeling him as a racist is too easy even if he also is some kind of "opportunity racist".

Still I am sure any kid born by a poor white homeless drug addict has as little right to exist in his eyes as any hispanic kid that crossed the border.

I would never think of Trump as a racist, I think of him as a stupid opportunistic sociopath who holds a country hostage. Hell, he even needed a memory trick in form of a wall to make him remember to endorse his racist and white nationalist scum base.

Last edited:

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
My point is he might be called a racist, but the race he targets are not hsipanics, african, african american, asian or whatever, it is those that are poor - which you really can't call a race.

I believe he is even too "stupid" to really understand/endorse white racism and on the other side too "clever" to hate all people of a certain ethnicity, religion or skin color. If they are rich like Kanye he has no problem with people of color. I bet he would welcome Carlos Slim to the US and to his home anytime.

The targets of his hate and fears can't be categorized by race so he is not a racist in my opinion. It doesn't make him less vile, he is an insecure, xenophobe opportunist who wants to keep anyone poor out of the country which combind with lack of even basic empathy makes him much worse than your standard racist. He would send poor homeless but white people out of the country if he could and sure doesn't care in the slightest if they live or die (preferably the later probably).
Right and his hate boner for Obama is because the former POTUS was poor

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

you're looking at a consistent pattern of hating and fearing brown and black people and then declaring that the racial elements of it are coincidental. regardless of the reason for that logical failure you're fucking up. he accepts brown people with money when he has a personal chance of profiting off of it - see: saudi arabia's dealings with his son-in-law. otherwise he routinely makes public statements and supports policy decisions centering around the idea that minorities are dangerous criminals

he's not demonizing broke rural white counties. he's not calling global warming a european plot. he's not banning eastern european immigrants.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's 5 AM and Fox has already mentioned AOC as a "Socialist" and is gearing up their audience to take her remarks about Trump as outrageous.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Still I am sure any kid born by a poor white homeless drug addict has as little right to exist in his eyes as any hispanic kid that crossed the border.
What makes you sure about that? When has Trump ever spoken down on poor white homeless drug addicts? When has Trump ever spoken down about poor white people in general? Your example has no real basis. Its almost like you are making shit up.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017

You're very ignorant about both Trump and racism.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
It's 5 AM and Fox has already mentioned AOC as a "Socialist" and is gearing up their audience to take her remarks about Trump as outrageous.

Ah, yes. "Socialist". So scary.

If she was a communist, i could understand but socialist ? Really ? That is supposed to be bad ?

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
She's awesome.

Of course, this is obvious to us, even though few in positions of power are willing to say it.

Deleted member 29806

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
What the fuck are you talking about lmao
I thought it is obvious. Take all people Trump hates and fears and you can see an easy pattern:
- People who are poor
- People who he can't bully
Right and his hate boner for Obama is because the former POTUS was poor
We know where his Obama hate stems from and it has nothing to do with skin color

You all sound like I defend Trump, but all I am saying is he is something much more dangerous and vile than a racist.

Last edited:

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it is obvious. Take all people Trump hates and fears and you can see an easy pattern:
- People who are poor
- People who he can't bully

We know where his Obama hate stems from and it has nothing to do with skin color

You can split hairs on a lot of stuff. The thing is that Trump would be the person to assume that a black or hispanic person is poor, versus a white person. He would give tiki-torch rally folks the benefit of the doubt and say that there's good people on both sides. He's also the type who would advocate execution for five black teens, and remain convinced decades after evidence exonerates them.

It's clear he over sympathizes with whites over other races. This makes him racist.

It would be like saying that Proud Boys aren't racist. They just really believe that their culture is superior and that anything that causes deviation from it is bad. And that they must fight forces that are trying to change it. It just happens that the people who would bring different cultures are from non-white-euro countries. So they are hostile to blacks and browns because of culture and not race.