• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Social media savant, progressive badass and future president Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has come out with strong support of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

Exciting to see the Dems unified and AOC is a perfect example of how the left should go forward as we face down the 2020 election.

Check it out!

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Pelosi is finally getting recognition for how good she is as a leader in the house.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
She's smart. We should be working together instead of trying to pit people against each other. Republicans want us to fight to be the most progressive, but there is a time and place for that.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Trying to pit the freshman crew against Pelosi is so transparent. Happy they're standing unified.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Trying to pit the freshman crew against Pelosi is so transparent. Happy they're standing unified.
The only people who were actively trying to remove Pelosi from the Speaker position were doing so from the right.

I have to wonder about all the people on the left who both love AOC and the other freshmen Dems (Omar, Tlaib, etc.) but also think Pelosi needs to step down, like they've figured out something the elected Democrats haven't.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd watch their buddy cop movie.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Nancy and AOC are bugging the shit out of the GoP right now.

Dems FINALLY fighting fire with fire.
I have a lot of issues with Pelosi but ultimately we need to do the best with what we have. If this is what it takes to win in the short-term so that we can push the party to the left in the long-term, I'm on board.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part about all this is that AOC came in like an outsider, challenged Dem orthodoxy and is using her success to lift and improve the whole party. It's wonderful and I hope the start of a new dynamic for the Dems going forward.

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like Nancy gave her the Committee seat she wanted in exchange she would became a team player. Everyone wins.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Nice, this is the progressive/blue dog/moderate coalition we need for Dems to take back the government

Oct 30, 2017
Jimmy Dore gonna lose his shit.

Nothing short of "Fuck Nancy Pelosi and the establishment" is acceptable for him.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This might come off a little ranty, but something in a lot of AOC threads I keep seeing is people hoping for her to be president one day. She just got here. Calm yourself. More importantly, it points to a rather large issue in the way a lot of Americans view politics, as if the end goal of any politician is to be president and that the position of president is where your favorite politician can affect the most change.

Maybe she'd make a great president, I don't fucking know. Nobody has any idea right now. But take this shutdown as a reminder that the president is only one branch of government and that Congress is supposed to be a coequal branch. Do you want AOC to have a short career as a congresswoman and then possibly be president for 4-8 years? Or do you want her leading the way in the house or senate for 40+? Which one will ultimately lead to the most good? I don't think she even knows - though I'm glad it seems like she's settling in nicely and quickly.

Stop wishing she'd be president her first month in office. It continues to paint the presidency as the ultimate source of power when what we really need to do is move far faaaar away from that mindset.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This might come off a little ranty, but something in a lot of AOC threads I keep seeing is people hoping for her to be president one day. She just got here. Calm yourself. More importantly, it points to a rather large issue in the way a lot of Americans view politics, as if the end goal of any politician is to be president and that the position of president is where your favorite politician can affect the most change.

Maybe she'd make a great president, I don't fucking know. Nobody has any idea right now. But take this shutdown as a reminder that the president is only one branch of government and that Congress is supposed to be a coequal branch. Do you want AOC to have a short career as a congresswoman and then possibly be president for 4-8 years? Or do you want her leading the way in the house or senate for 40+? Which one will ultimately lead to the most good? I don't think she even knows - though I'm glad it seems like she's settling in nicely and quickly.

Stop wishing she'd be president her first month in office. It continues to paint the presidency as the ultimate source of power when what we really need to do is move far faaaar away from that mindset.

Agreed. I love her and shes sorely needed, but les's not put the cart before the horse

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I like AOC just fine, but to be fair she hasn't done anything substantial enough yet to warrant this sort of fanaticism.

Her political game as a newcomer is better than that of most of the veterans, in particular because of her social media presence. I understand the point on fanaticism but she's bringing in a youthful energy very few have been able to match and every day she makes her case for presidency down the line stronger and stronger.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

Amen. I like her. But people are over the top about the president shit. No doubt that she's got a lot of potential.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I like AOC just fine, but to be fair she hasn't done anything substantial enough yet to warrant this sort of fanaticism.
im waiting for her to try and pass something, have to compromise on anything, and all of a sudden shes 'a shitty sell out who conned everyone, im never paying attention to politics ever again' to a lot of people

the teeth of the gears of beaucracy are hungry