• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

We have lost a giant in the history of our nation with the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It is heartbreaking that in her final moments she was, as are many others, preoccupied with what would happen after her passing. I want to make one thing clear: we can, and must, fight.

Now is not the time for cynicism or hopelessness. There is and continues to be political possibility to preserve our democracy & move forward. It will require each & every one of us, from the streets to the Senate, to grow in courage, strength, and strategy. But it is possible.

Our first, no 1 priority is to do everything possible to secure electoral college victory in Nov. This is the fight of and for our lives. That has always been true, & it becomes more true each day. Opponents of democracy need your resignation to succeed. Don't give it to them.

You do not need to, nor should you, ignore your fears - there is plenty to be afraid of - but we have possibilities before us. We can win, we can succeed, but we cannot do it alone. We will need the people. We must get to work. Everyone matters. Everyone has something to give.

watching
@AOC
on live, [generally quoted:] "we're all tired, but this is what authoritarianism is supposed to do. It's supposed to wear you down until you give in. And you never give in. That's our #1 job right now."

With all this said. Please donate to try and flip the senate - More info here:
www.resetera.com

Scared? Frustrated? Get Mitch Or Die Trying - Donate To 11 Vulnerable US Senate Races

WE NEED THE SENATE TO SECURE THIS COUNTRIES FUTURE! LETS GO!

EARLY VOTING HAS ALREADY STARTED

When early voting starts
NOW Sept. 18 - Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming
NOW Sept. 19 - New Jersey and Virginia
Sept. 21 - Michigan and Vermont
Sept. 24 - Illinois
Oct. 4 - Maine
Oct. 5 - California, Iowa, Montana and Nebraska
Oct. 6 - Indiana and Ohio
Oct. 7 - Arizona
Oct. 12 - Georgia
Oct. 13 - Texas
Oct. 14 - Kansas and Tennessee
Oct. 15 - North Carolina
Oct. 16 - Washington
Oct. 17 - Massachusetts, Nevada and New Mexico
Oct. 19 - Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho and North Dakota
Oct. 20 - Louisiana, Utah and Wisconsin
Oct. 21 - West Virginia
Oct. 24 - Florida and New York
Oct. 26 - Maryland
Oct. 27 - District of Columbia
Oct. 29 - Oklahoma

Last edited:

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Stay and fight. All we can do for now. If more shit hits the fan after the election or whatever, then lose your shit.

But until then, stay and fight like you've never fought before. We have one job. Well two. Presidency and the Senate.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If AOC is the future of America, we're in a good place. Unfortunately, I see a lot of old, selfish, white senior citizens trying to shape the country into a dying image.

People like her give me hope.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
AOC is going to be a giant. She still has her whole career ahead of her and she's going to shine like a beacon to young women across the country for decades to come.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God I hope she becomes the president one day. This is exactly the kind of energy we need right now. This is our country and we are not gonna let these fucking hateful and hypocritical fuckfaces take it from us. This election is about the soul of our democracy.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you to AOC and thank you OP for sharing this.

This situation sucks. It really fucking sucks. But let's not circlejerk our sadness. Let's take action by donating and spreading awareness so we can eviscerate the GOP in November. People are motivated more than ever to transform the Senate.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you to AOC and thank you OP for sharing this.

This situation sucks. It really fucking sucks. But let's not circlejerk our sadness. Let's take action by donating and spreading awareness so we can eviscerate the GOP in November. People are motivated more than ever to transform the Senate.
Amen. We Have so much fucking power its time we all find it in ourselves.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I hope with all my heart that the Democratic party embraces her, and other inspiring progressives like her. It would paint such a bright picture of the future of our country, and world. It is increasingly difficult to believe in that future, but I'm glad she is here to help us try.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
I probably would have given up on politics if it weren't for her. God bless her. We folks under 45 are in for the war of a fucking lifetime now that the court is absolutely lost to us.
Yes.

Vote Blue.
No matter who.
Only in the general. Always vote progressive in the primary, especially if they're an incumbent (here's lookin' at you, Markey).

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
From the streets to the Senate.
She's an actual fucking person and that's what I love the most about her. She's a genuine public servant, not from wealth or some arrogant institution. She doesn't believe herself to be a ruler, a higher class, or above her constituents. She simply represents the people who voted for her to the best of her ability, something that's certainly been forgotten in the age of rich people running vanity campaigns to boost their egos.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yep she's right. Vote, donate, make calls, send letters, protest.

But that certainly doesn't change the damage likely to be done by the lack of those things when we needed them over the last few elections. We have to be sober about that for a change. There have been too many politicians who for too long have failed to communicate the importance of the moment and the importance of every vote. Too many have failed to mobilize people. Instead, a lot of "don't worry about it; we'll win next election! Hope!", coddling voters and blowing smoke up their asses. It lead to complacency. That complacency will lead to real pain for a lot of people.

Accountability is required. Recognition of what battles can be won in the near, medium, and long terms...and sober assessment of what has been lost as a consequence of individual actions and inactions...must happen. Painful truths must be spoken and people need to be willing to say "ouch" when truth steps on their toes.

Some battles cannot be "won" because the fights already took place in the past. You can't roll back time. You can't go play the 4th quarter of the 2018 Super Bowl over again. It's just that now we're seeing more of the scary fruits of those Senate and Presidential race failures. We have to see what battles that are still being waged and focus on those for now. Try to slow some of the bleeding. Then go from there.