• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait how exactly do you protest for the camps? Do they just do a march in the city center to raise awareness?
Well they are heckling the Congress people coming to visit and raise awareness for the plight of those people, but I suppose protestor isn't the right word. Volunteer Nazi might be better.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait I thought CNN were left leaning media ? What changed them?
CNN isn't left at all. All they care about is ratings and would love a Trump presidency. It's as tough as an opposition to Trump as Shane McMahon vs Vince McMahon storylines on RAW.

They will hand him a billion dollars worth of free publicity again and then will pretend to fight him while giving his cronies pundit seats and paychecks.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Very annoyed seeing CBS morning show keep using delicate language to talk about this. "Alleged" and "supposed" and "seemingly" bullshit. Not everything needs to be a political fucking game where they have to be neutral.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Unnecessary hostility
Every second this administration is in power it means people are okay with this or at least does not feel as strongly enough to stop it.
Oh fuck that. No it doesn't. Trump will be in power until 2020 and he can hopefully be voted out. Stop acting like the rest of us are sitting around like "Yup! Totally fine with thus!" Were not and fuck you if you think that. We're dealing with systemic corruption in our system and one part of congress refuses to do their jobs. We elected a shot ton of democrats to curb the president. People like AOC were elected to work IN our system and help us deal with this.

We aren't all sitting here twiddling our fucking thumbs.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more distraught at the disgusting replies to AOC then her actual tweets. What has America come to man? Our country deserves better then this..

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
I'm more distraught at the disgusting replies to AOC then her actual tweets. What has America come to man? Our country deserves better then this..

Its odd to live in a time where the messanger is treated like this, and the actual message is completely ignored.

They cannot all be ignorant, is this an example of cognitive dissonance?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
CNN really going out of its way here

7e846b76-7832-439f-9vvkqd.jpeg

Looks like randomly generated spam site/click bait. That is likely not a CNN story. Did you click on it?

Oct 25, 2017

Never take stock in comments. There are literally organizations of people dedicated to making posts like that in targeted ways and botting themselves to the top. Comments are and always will be a wasteland because Twitter barely moderates shit.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's what I expect from Americans. ANGRY protests should have started months ago. But hey, twitter!
Because, sadly, even most democrats don't *really* care that much.

Sure, we're outraged enough to post about it on forums.
Or to make a small donation here or there.
Or maybe even enough to vote for a candidate we hope will do things differently.

But how many of us treat this as a priority? How many of us are willing to disrupt our lives, miss work and sacrifice substantial time/energy to help the oppressed?

Not many. Our society has made it a herculean task to break from one's daily routine physically, financially and psychologically.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
ElectricBlanketFire would it be possible to sticky some "take action" type of stuff in the OP?
Also does anyone know if it would be possible (or appropriate) to organize a RAICES fundraiser here? I know we can (and many of us have) donated individually, but if we could somehow pursue a goal as a community it might help galvanize more contributions.

Adding to the OP now.

Oct 27, 2017
Pelosi has never intended for thi
Because, sadly, even most democrats don't *really* care that much.

Sure, we're outraged enough to post about it on forums.
Or to make a small donation here or there.
Or maybe even enough to vote for a candidate we hope will do things differently.

But how many of us treat this as a priority? How many of us are willing to disrupt our lives, miss work and sacrifice substantial time/energy to help the oppressed?

Not many. Our society has made it a herculean task to break from one's daily routine physically, financially and psychologically.
By the time most consider it to be a priority, it's probably too late. History seems to repeat almost verbatim.

Oct 30, 2017
One side either encourages and turns a blind eye to migrant abuse.
One side says migrant abuse is bad and at the bare minimum, detained migrants should have basic hygiene, and there should be accountability and oversight to curb abuses.

Both sides are equally bad, though.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you a teenager?

If not are you habitually unemployed?

If not, think real hard about her your bosses, middle managers and owners act around you. The things that they believe that don't logically make sense to you for a company still influence how that company works.

Are you that naive?

I don't work for a corporation. It doesn't matter who is running a company, if a certain political party being in power, means that company produces bigger profits, it doesn't matter which way they fall politically. It is all about the money.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I was very surprised at the lack of coverage on this issue last night on the major talk shows on MSNBC. I figured that Maddow, Lawrence O'donnell, and the 11th Hour would have hammered away at this. But they were all stuck on Mueller and North Korea- important topics in their own right, but not concentration camp levels of important. I got the impression that this issue is so bad, so disgusting, so destabilizing, that they actually didn't want to touch it. Maybe issues like Mueller and North Korea were simply easier to cover and less explosive. Either way, I was very disappointed.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable, I don't know what to say, not just about what's happening at those concentration camps and the fact something like that can happen in America in the 21st century but also the reactions on social media and the way the media is covering this. Everything is completely fucked up.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
k7BEirW.png

Front page of FoxNews right now, fwiw.
Women are only allowed to speak at "I'm in a library" volume levels. Anything more than that, they are just being stuck up and bitchy.

When a man raises his voice, it's powerful and you should respect him, and maybe even give him a blowjob out of respect.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
The pro camp protesters being out there faster despite probably falling into the same excuse line (distance, time, money, self preservation) says everything really.

Probably are retired, don't have a job, live nearby...ironically...or un-ironically.

Clint is 27 hours from me, or over 1500 miles away. People can do local stuff though, showing up at the Camps would be quite an undertaking for most of the country. The US is absolutely massive.

Yes...unfortunately, 99% of people aren't willing to lose their jobs, their homes, and their cars/possessions to make the trip. The US economy/work force is set up where you could lose everything for simply protesting a few days....or, in many cases, where people don't even have the pay/income to take a few days without it for fear of not paying bills.

Thanks capitalism

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who were these latino pastors? i know some of them can be very right leaning too. they also excuse anything israel does as well. one reason why i didn't want to deal with certain members of my family.