• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
he fought for so long. so many rounds of chemo. he tried to hold onto life with everything he had. now he can rest. rip, trebek.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, RIP Alex. One of the best game show hosts of all time. I'm never not entertained by him.

I hope his family find peace.

Oct 28, 2017
well...2020 has returned :'( rest in peace mr. trebek

When are we, as a society, going to start going all in on cancer treatment/prevention. fuck man

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly inevitable considering his prognosis but a huge bummer all the same. RIP and fuck cancer.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Damn that's crazy. What a week, what a year.

EDIT: the headline says he was 80 but the preview says 79?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking about that last week andwas looking around to see how he was doing. It was only a matter of time, but still. One of the staples of daytime TV. It's not going to be the same without him.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Jeopardy never particularly caught on over here, but as a big quiz show fan, I'm obviously aware of how big a legend he is.

Rest in peace, and fuck cancer.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He put up a hell of a fight. Better than I would've. He'd been suffering for a long time now, RIP.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
As sad as it always is to hear people have died of cancer, as someone who has had family that lingered in great agony from it, I almost consider it a bittersweet blessing. No more pain, Alex.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Rest In Peace, legend

Oct 28, 2017
Greatest game show host ever. Greatest TV personality of all time IMO. Humble, yet full of personality. TV will never be the same. There will never be another Alex Trebek. Rest In Peace.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God, we knew it was coming, but it really felt like he had more time. Can't imagine TV without him.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I walk by the Jeopardy studio every day when I go into work. It'll be a bit more emotional the next time.

RIP to a great Canadian.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
2020 has been rough.

xSWSpB9.jpeg

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
RIP to a legend. All cancer is scary as hell but pancreatic especially so because by the time it's found or show any symptoms it's usually too late :( I donate to The Lustgarten Foundation for pancreatic cancer research partly in hopes there could eventually be a way to somehow more easily screen for it