• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
It was a tournament of champions semi round and the guy couldn't win. My wife and I have watched Jeopardy nearly every day since we started living together 10 years ago. Losing Trebek is like losing a family member at this point.
My wife and I watch it regularly too. We even discuss it with her father when we meet for dinner weekly.

Losing Alex, hopefully far far down the line, will be tough. Bordain-tough.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a tournament of champions semi round and the guy couldn't win. My wife and I have watched Jeopardy nearly every day since we started living together 10 years ago. Losing Trebek is like losing a family member at this point.
He could have won if the other people both got it wrong and wagered too much. I was surprised that he still went for a bet that big though.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This is tough to watch, as much as I admire him continuing to host the show, I do hope he gets enough rest to beat what he has.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been surreal to see Alex's health so closely mirror my father's. They were born about 6 weeks apart, were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 2 months apart and seemed to have setbacks at roughly the same time. Sadly, pancreatic cancer is almost impossible to beat.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Dhruv won the tournament, getting that heartfelt and emotional handshake from Alex. Would stick with me for life.

I dread the day we hear the news, and I fear it's just inevitable. We love you Alex.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as someone mentioned, this was the Tournament of Champions (Dhruv won the College Championship earlier this year) and Alex had just announced before they taped this that he was re-entering treatment.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I went from legit crying to laughing my ass off.

Because you can just hear this guy's internal monologue as he looks in the camera and knows whatever stupid answer he put has to follow that up:
Zrh7XCA.png

Last edited:

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
I went from legit crying to laughing my ass off.

Because you can just hear this guy's internal monologue as he looks in the camera and knows whatever stupid answer he put is coming next:
Zrh7XCA.png

It was seriously an ice breaker! I thought they were all going to say it, but that is not the face of a man that left a sweet note.

Oct 25, 2017
What got me was when Alex choked up. ;__;

Beautiful gesture and a great reminder for the capacity of love that we as people can provide to one another.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I've watched Jeopardy since I was a kid, and I lost my mother-in-law to cholangiocarcinoma 6 months ago. This shit caught me off guard for whatever reason and I ended up sobbing for a good 5 minutes. Good on that guy, I'm sure that meant a lot to Mr. Trebek.

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I hate cancer so much. I am gonna miss the fuck out of Trebek