• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This series was my shit back in the day. I feel like I've sorta moved past my interest in it, but it's cool to see a quality-looking adaptation!

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
That's quite the flashback. Didn't now they're making a TV series. Can't watch right now, but does it look good and what channel?

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Anthony Horowitz's adult stuff (pls read Magpie Murders) so I checked out the first Alex Rider book recently. Not too bad. Seems like it deserved better than that first adaptation.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
I haven't read these books in probably close to a decade, but I really enjoyed them when I was younger. I'll have to give this a shot.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Will Check it out. Loved the books. I realized just how stacked the cast was in the film version which was kind of bad.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Bumping this thread because it's on... IMDB TV, which is whatever

You can watch for free via Amazon Prime with commercials.
Damn I gotta go check this out then.

I got a pack of 3 of these from one of those scholastic book fair catalogues. Eagle Strike, Scorpio Rising, and another one I forget.

I read through Eagle Strike in like 4 days. I was damn near addicted to that book.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The books were sooo good. I stopped with the one where Alex was on a beach though. Do these things hold up? Might have to run back through em and finish the series.

How's the show so far?

SevenOfRhyme

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Man, I loved these books when I was a kid. To this day, whenever I hear "Man O War" I think of the jellyfish scene in the (first?) book.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I enjoyed the series.

Seems like a fun book to start with and I'm happy didn't do the thing where living a double life from his close friends.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I liked it, but it was pretty slow. Don't remember Point Blanc that way, but it has been like 18 years.
I think I'd prefer Stormbreaker being adapted to include Scorpia rather than skipping right to book 2.
E: Looking online Scorpia wasn't even a thing till book 4, but I stopped reading after Book 6 and 7 where Alex goes into space and then lands in an Australian paramilitary base.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
riderhzkmp.png

Cute shirt on Tom during the last shot of the season.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't gotten around to watching this yet but I was surprised to hear Eagle Strike is the second season. Presumably because Yassen isn't in book 3?