• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

:(

I'm excited that she is going for new endeavors that seemingly will pay better but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'll miss her IGN reviews and articles. Also, she was a big reason why I enjoyed Beyond! lately so yeah, this is a bummer.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
No way. I love love love Alanah. I can't wait to follow her wherever she ends up.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Too bad, she actually had pretty good personality and opinions for their network. I look forward to seeing her pop up somewhere else.

I'm glad her leaving seems to be on good terms. SO much now-a-days is always tinged with some negative spice. This just appears to be that she's doing something positive for her life and career while leaving on her own terms, so more power to her!

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Her YouTube seems to be blowing up whilst also earning a lot from Patreon. I'm guessing she's going down the route of doing that full time.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
What does Alannah have to do with Marty's podcast appearances??

It seems the relationship between the two of them completely soured. Marty Sliva has completely disappeared from all IGN podcasts for a while now. I didn't think much of it, until reddit pointed out that Alanah
stopped following Marty on Twitter (apparently with some other IGN staff). They also launched a podcast together and she has since removed any name reference of him from the podcast on her website, twitter, etc.

EDIT: Here's a fair rundown: https://www.reddit.com/r/IGN/comments/8oz2lp/wheres_marty_separating_fact_from_fiction/

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea where she's headed?

No, although she says in the video that the place she's going will allow her to create more Let's Play and other game content for her channel. At IGN it was apparently against the rules for her to do that. She also says she'll make enough money with her new job that she no longer needs a Patreon.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
Bet she joins Nintendo. Everyone who was on NVC at some point eventually joins NoA.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No, although she says in the video that the place she's going will allow her to create more Let's Play and other game content for her channel. At IGN it was apparently against the rules for her to do that. She also says she'll make making enough money with her new job that she no longer needs a Patreon.

So... Waypoint?

Actually, that'd be pretty cool.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I highly doubt Waypoint is in a position to pay people more than IGN. I'd love to be wrong about that though as Waypoint's content is way more my speed.

I'll be honest, I haven't watched the video. But, is she leaving because of creative issues, or because she's not being paid enough? I figure places like Waypoint and Giant Bomb are appealing because of creative freedom more than anything.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's cool. I know she moved her entire life to work for IGN so props to her. Wonder where she's going.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully she goes to Hollywood and acting like Olivia Munn.

Munn was way too big for just video games.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
She was one of the only redeeming parts of IGN sad to see her go :(

It seems the relationship between the two of them completely soured. Marty Sliva has completely disappeared from all IGN podcasts for a while now. I didn't think much of it, until reddit pointed out that Alanah
stopped following Marty on Twitter (apparently with some other IGN staff). They also launched a podcast together and she has since removed any name reference of him from the podcast on her website, twitter, etc.

EDIT: Here's a fair rundown: https://www.reddit.com/r/IGN/comments/8oz2lp/wheres_marty_separating_fact_from_fiction/
I just want to know what happened already. Tons of IGN people stopped following him on Twitter even Greg Miller. I really hope it doesn't turn out the guy is a creep or something.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn she's beautiful and will be missed, loved their Beyond podcasts with her.

Best of luck!

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
She has been the best thing about IGN for a while now. Sorry to see her go but I hope we'll see more of her somewhere else!

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
First time I saw Alannah I had to do a double take because I honestly thought it was Emma Roberts.

Status
Not open for further replies.