• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Influencers were also in Witcher 3. You just didn't notice them.
Yeah, because they played trolls and their voices were heavily filtered. It would be a different story if a likeness of Angry Joe suddenly ran up to you to talk about farting and sticking fingers up his ass (which is what his Witcher 3 cameo was about).

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, because they played trolls and their voices were heavily filtered. It would be a different story if a likeness of Angry Joe suddenly ran up to you to talk about farting and sticking fingers up his ass (which is what his Witcher 3 cameo was about).

most people won't even notice they're influencers. Ignorance is bliss

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
B4BMkx0.png

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get some of the whining. Like have y'all seen what the tone of writing of this game is like? Some youtuber with his pants down is totally in line with the vibe of everything they've put out so far.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
most people won't even notice they're influencers. Ignorance is bliss
Cool? Most people don't post on this forum. They'll still notice that (some of?) these influencers can't act and the game will be worse for it.
... that is, assuming that the rest of the VO will sound better than a bad youtube skit, which so far hasn't really been the case.

adelante

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna get into a detailed argument. Your first sentence pretty much says you're a fan, and your last already puts me in the hater column.
The opposite reaction for this would be indifference but it doesn't seem like you're showing that.
I hope you don't mind if PewDiePie or Ninja announced a same role she has.
Really? After I've stated why I prefer someone like Alanah be given such an opportunity because she's one of the better/respected influencers? What do you really think my reaction would be to have those two shady peeps in the game?

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Would rather have influencers and YouTubers model/voice characters in games than the requisite usual suspects.

Good for her!

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Great for her, I really like her content. She also said months ago that she won't be reviewing this game

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I never watched Alanah's stuff before lockdown, but since then I have seen her damn near everywhere! She's great though. Not too sure about critics being in games though, I guess there's nothing stopping them and as long as they're upfront then its okay.
She says that she has a biased opinion since she is a fan, and probably wont review the game or anything like that because of it

She didnt even review TLOU 2 because she is Troy's Baker close friend.

Alanah is awesome, good for her

... You trying to insinuate what with this?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Are huge fans channels/content creators of Cyberpunk pen and paper before the videogame getting in this too? It would be pretty sad if none of them got in and only popular streamers and game journalists did.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Hostility, trolling, misrepresenting another member in order to attack them
... You trying to insinuate what with this?

"you see Alanah(kinda) defended pewdiepie and pewdiepie is a racist which means you're racist for disagreeing with me. I believe in social rights issues as long as it involves fucking a random woman I don't even know out of a job"

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I am expecting a lot of impartial reviews from a lot of streamers and influencers for this game.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is going to blow up in CD's face JonTron-style.

Obviously not talking about Alanah of course, she's a decent person (as far as I'm aware), but Cyberpunk seems to have quite a few other influencers in there and all it takes is one ending up being shitty. That reminds me actually, did CD cut ties with Angry Joe? Because they had a lot of promo material with him.

Oh I'm sure they will be cool with him and his behavior. If not all of them, then the fact that some are ok with it will likely make the ones that are not want to cause conflict, and just be complicit at most.

They're a bigoted company with more instances of issues with trans topics and the community than you can count on one hand. The topics are a search away here and on Google.

Oct 26, 2017
Memories of the Brie Larson playing her Switch thread with the thinly veiled sexism here. Alanah's worked in game journalism for years, she's not just a random influencer.
I'm sure Henry Cavil would be acceptable though, right?

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
As long as it is done in a non-intrusive way it doesn't bother me all that much, most of them I don't even know who they are.
It does look like her by the way, no idea why so many of you are saying it doesn't.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I discovered YouTube channel a few months ago after explaining the IGN review and I love her short video content. Good for her. Interesting that some quests are locked behind starts

Oct 27, 2017
Greg Miller was Howard The Duck in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

The three influencers including Angry Joe were actually farting trolls in The Witcher 3.

Felicia Day was a story-character elf in a Dragon Age 2 DLC, and only looked out of place because it was her likeness against every other character whose faces were designs.

At least this role has her likeness (and it's pretty close).

This "I like people who like videogames, but not IN my videogames" attitude is weird. People are reacting like they're five years old and saw their teacher shopping in the supermarket or something.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"you see Alanah(kinda) defended pewdiepie and pewdiepie is a racist which means you're racist for disagreeing with me. I believe in social rights issues as long as it involves fucking a random woman I don't even know out of a job"
Her being a woman means she can't be a racist? Are you a clown? I actually have skin in the game, there's no kinda with what she was doing.

Just say what you want to say.
She sucks. This was two weeks after the Christchurch Mosque shooting. She's defended Pewdiepie before for making Nazi jokes.

Last edited:

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Great for her, I really like her content. She also said months ago that she won't be reviewing this game
She hasn't reviewed a game in 2 years. Not sure why people think she is reviewing the game.

And agree. If you didn't know it was her, would you care? Heck, she was in Gears 4 as well...

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
She sucks. This was two weeks after the Christchurch Mosque shooting. She's defended Pewdiepie before for making Nazi jokes.

I don't think she is defending Pewdiepie. I read it as "Boy, it sure sucks that YouTube is now a corporation video hosted than where it started 15 years ago+ where it was just individuals making content. The era of individual content being big is ending"

Oct 28, 2017
Alanah is chill. I don't typically take to video game streaming personalities, but I dig her quite a lot.

Rock on, Alanah