• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Excited to jump into this again. Control really did not work for me at all, but this really did. Makes me hope that the inevitable Alan Wake 2 will be a standalone sequel from the Control DLC but perhaps that's just a tad too cynical.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Which is bullshit.
The original was self-published by Remedy.
This is likely a side effect of Epic publishing AW2 which is where I'll buy them both in EGS probably.
But the remaster should've been launched on all platforms.

You'd have to think that Epic is going to cover whatever revenue they may have gotten from other stores. Remedy seems like the big one for Epic.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Port Begging
No Switch version? Not even a straight port from Xbox 360? Come on this is a 90 million sold console, skipping it doesn't make sense.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Alan Wake Remastered is the original experience you fell in love with all those years ago. We did not want to change that. But the visuals all around, including the character model of Alan Wake himself and the cinematics, have been updated and improved with some choice next-generation upgrades.
This is sort of interesting. So sounds like no major gameplay changes. The character model bit is interesting so did only Alan's model get revamped or did other models as well? Cinematics looked like ass even when it released so hopefully Remedy can polish it to something on par with Quantum Break's (Control's cinematics were uh pretty bad).

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen literally 0 footage of this game before and have no idea what it is whatsoever, other than hearing people say it's good. So interested to see what it's like.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
EGS exclusive again? Ugh, I hope I'll get a nice discount by the time it hits Steam/GOG not only for a year wait, but for owning both original AW and American Nightmare too.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
When Remedy and Epic announced their partnership they stated that both projects are part of the same franchise, so Alan Wake 2 is basically confirmed as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is sort of interesting. So sounds like no major gameplay changes. The character model bit is interesting so did only Alan's model get revamped or did other models as well? Cinematics looked like ass even when it released so hopefully Remedy can polish it to something on par with Quantum Break's (Control's cinematics were uh pretty bad).

I bet they're trying to make him look more like the actor who plays him in live action.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
"Alan Wake Remastered is the original experience you fell in love with all those years ago. We did not want to change that. But the visuals all around, including the character model of Alan Wake himself and the cinematics, have been updated and improved with some choice next-generation upgrades."

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Missed out on this game first time around as I didn't have an Xbox 360, so I'm very pleased to finally get the chance to play this! :)

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I think I own Alan Wake on like 3 platforms and still haven't played it lol. I'll probably get this also either on PS5 or if it's on GP I'll just check it out on my Series X.

Edit: Actually I guess I only own it on 2, Steam and Xbox, still, never played it even though I bought it twice. I gotta stop doing that shit.

Last edited:

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
That's cool. I'm not the greatest Remedy fan but I really enjoy the cheesy psychological thriller vibes they bring to their games. I liked Alan Wake better than the games they've put out since.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Finally. After Control, I'm ready to dive more into this universe.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked it on X360, one of my favorites exclusives on the console. Gameplay was repetitive but the atmosphere, man, it was fantastic. W will play it again on the PS5.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Epic Games Store. Fuck me, man. I'm so tired of this shit.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Ok, but I would also liked to see Max Payne 1 + 2 Remastered, even though both still play and look really good on the PC

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Played this for the first time last year - I'd definitely be up for a replay if they improved the horrible gameplay. The only downside to a otherwise fantastic game.

If there are no improvements to that I might use this as a chance for checking out the two DLC as well as American Nightmare (if that's included).

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Epic funded and is publishing this. The rumour is that Epic is funding and publishing Alan Wake 2 as well. They'll never go to Steam.
I see, well, if it's a publishing deal then all's fair. If it's what it takes to make AW2 reality then I'm fine with it (it's still sucks but that's beside the point).

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't it get 4K enhanced on X?

Anyway, there it is. Was hoping for a trailer tho.

It did not, but there was support for auto HDR.

Even if there was a resolution enhancement though there'd still be the issue of the pre-rendered cutscenes. They already looked a bit rough and blowing up the resolution of the in-game visuals would make them stand out even more. Hopefully this remaster will be able to make some notable improvements there.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

aw_400x400.jpg

Look at this poor guy. Needs a remaster.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
There better be substantial additions to the game outside of graphics, cutscenes because the game's gameplay is shallow as fuck.

Because otherwise, hard pass.