• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
2019:

1992:

Yikes at New Aladdin's cardboard performance. Sounds like he's reading (instead of singing) lines off a script.

Nov 13, 2017
Just listened to some of the soundtrack. I am seriously loving what they've done to the songs. Will Smith did an especially great job on his.

I think the 2019 version of A Whole New World sounds wonderful! The way the instruments keep building and building makes it feel really epic. I'm excited to see the film this week :-)

Antoo

May 1, 2019
It sounds good. Geez dude, you seem to just want to hate this movie at every opportunity. It doesn't match the original but I like how it is adding a unique flavor to the songs.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i like the full version of speechless the most out of all the soundtrack.

Nov 13, 2017
It sounds good. Geez dude, you seem to just want to hate this movie at every opportunity. It doesn't match the original but I like how it is adding a unique flavor to the songs.
Yeah, OP kind of sounds like he has an axe to grind.

Alan Menken wrote these songs and created their 2019 arrangements, so direct your anger at him :P

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
I mean nothing will touch the original since those are professionals, but it was better than I thought.

Starts out rough and the alladin dude seems out of his depth but he got better as the song comes along. Jasmine actually sounds great though, we'll im seeing this Thursday night no matter what, hoping for the best

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Honestly I'm digging the soundtrack

It's hard to ruin Aladdin let's be honest

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
"Yikes"? Lol. These Aladdin threads are getting silly. The soundtrack sounds good. Aladdin's always been the weak link in "A Whole Ne World" 92 or 19. Tbh I prefer 2019's Jasmines vocals.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds... fine. Some aspects of the movie look kind of mediocre, but some people seem bent on making it out to be a trash fire. It doesn't look that bad.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I thought I was going crazy because I swore I already saw this hate thread for this subject already. We get it OP, this movie clearly isn't for you. So why the heck are you wasting your time constantly creating threads just to bash it? Sounds like you have a major love-hate problem with this movie. Move on already.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Wait what? Is Naomi Scott actually a pretty good singer or were they just able to work some magic in the studio to make her sound like that? Mena on the other hand sounds like what I'd figured he'd sound like, but she actually sounds pretty good.

EDIT: He actually sounds good in "One Jump". But that song doesn't require a powerful voice like "A Whole New World" does.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the soundtrack is giving me hope
Honestly I'm digging the soundtrack

It's hard to ruin Aladdin let's be honest
Honestly the soundtrack is not bad it's good actually

Like Prince Ali clip fucking sucks but the full song while still not great is a lot better when you're not watching Smith dancing and the extra beats

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm as skeptical about the film as the next guy, but I thought A Whole New World sounded quite nice.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
No one will touch Lea Salonga and I always liked Brad Kane's boyish, excited delivery, but this version is OK too. Certainly nothing egregious about it.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Love the vocals but those drums are distracting. It sounds more modern musical and less timeless whimsy. Regardless, good.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Overall, great... barring Prince Ali. That is so over-filtered, it literally sounds like a Will Smith vocaloid. Every single note held longer than half a beat is processed to the moon and back and sounds so uncannily clean that it's extremely distracting to me.

But other than that, yeah, I'm liking it.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I like the 1992 male singer more. He's a much better singer on this track.

I like the 2019 female singer more. She's a much better singer on this track.

I thought the musical accompaniment is better in the 2019 version.

Apr 19, 2018
Wait what? Is Naomi Scott actually a pretty good singer or were they just able to work some magic in the studio to make her sound like that? Mena on the other hand sounds like what I'd figured he'd sound like, but she actually sounds pretty good.

Scott is a singer by trade, so it shouldn't be surprising that she'd be one of the stronger vocal performers here.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I mean let's be a real, those two actors were never going to beat the old A Whole New World.
you mean this one:

Obviously that's not a fair contest. That's Peabo and Regina.

That's.. an incredibly bold statement. Lea Salonga is one of the most celebrated stage musical singers of any time, and you can read or watch (on youtube) vocal coach analysis of her vocals for confirmation.

I'll add an addendum: on this track.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
No one will touch Lea Salonga and I always liked Brad Kane's boyish, excited delivery, but this version is OK too. Certainly nothing egregious about it.

Pretty much how I feel. The new version is quite nice, but the lack of that genuine happiness and excitement that the original had is very noticeable here.

Apr 19, 2018
Other than Speechless, I thought Pasek and Paul were writing one more brand new song, a duet for Aladdin and Jasmine. I guess that never came to fruition.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
male voice
1992 >>>>>>>>>>> 2019

female voice
2019>1992

instruments
idk theres parts i like more in 2019 but there's some the original that is better

so 1992 the male voice decides that

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
male voice
1992 >>>>>>>>>>> 2019

female voice
2019>1992
glad it's not just me. the performance of the new female vocals were really quite strong and a little bit better than the 1992 female vocal performance. Though possibly my perception here has to do with how weak the male vocals came across in the 2019 version. She grossly outclasses him on the same track here, which is almost a bit jarring. Like, very different talent levels. lol. He's certainly passable, but certainly nothing moving.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
you mean this one:

Obviously that's not a fair contest. That's Peabo and Regina.

That's a really great rendition, but debatable. I personally prefer the inflection (right word hear to use?) in the delivery from most of the original. The singers of the original sound more amazed and excited in the moment, which was the entire point of the scene. Peabo and Regina are doing their usual singing voices but along to this song.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
That's a really great rendition, but debatable. I personally prefer the inflection (right word hear to use?) in the delivery from most of the original. The singers of the original sound more amazed and excited in the moment, which was the entire point of the scene. Peabo and Regina are doing their usual singing voices but along to this song.
good point.

Apr 19, 2018
Shame there doesn't appear to be a Jafar reprise of Prince Ali like in the original:

Whew, that villainous laugh at the end is still the GOAT.