• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Looks great! but then again I don't think these movies ruin my childhood so what do I know?

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Yea thats a billion dollar box office all right. Every millenials will watch this

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ironic that Will Smith was the best part of the trailer.

The three mains (Aladdin, Jasmine, and Jafar) did not seem well cast at all. Aladdin and Jasmine both seem stiff and lacking charisma, and Jafar is far too young and not even remotely menacing.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
I see people in here praising "the visuals", but to me the Cave of Wonders and A Whole New World scenes look so obviously fake.

Editing is questionable.

Jafar still seems terribly miscast. The rest of the cast is 'meh, it'll do' except for Smith who seems like a good choice.

Speaking of Will, the genie's facial movement is very weird when he's in blue form.

Yuck.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
It looks better, but I just don't see the appeal of seeing a scene by scene remake that still manages to look worse than the animated original.

The live action Disney remakes just haven't done it for me.

I wonder how the remakes affect the sales and viewership of the animated originals. The remakes, even if they are so so, bring the old franchises back to the fore and make them visible to younger viewers. I would guess this will get people rewatching the old movie and its sequels, listen to the music, buy the toys and check out the Broadway/West End shows.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks better then it was before.

Still weird choice to have Jafar approach Aladdin as himself and not in disguise.

Jul 18, 2018
As long as there is better chemistry between the cast than Beauty & The Beast... I'm in.

Visuals... Who cares. The set pieces look nice, but people complaining about CGI. It's not too tier but it seems manageable for the scenes. Trying to nitpick for sake of nitpicking

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. I don't think it'll be better than the original animiated movie, but this was the best showing so far. Jafar being a bit young is the only weird thing, but otherwise the Genie and everything else looks good in this trailer.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh... absolutely butchered "A Whole New World". Top 3 Disney song and it was an awful rendition. They better stay way the fuck away from my personal favorite Disney movie -- The Little Mermaid.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looked really dope. The first live action disney movie that i will watch in the cinemas. Would have watched Mulan but not liking what i heard about it so far.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen my little sister be more intimidating than the Jafar they have here. Looks pretty though.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It um.

It looks like something that was totally unnecessary. It looks fine, but idunno...if I want more Aladdin, I'd watch the Disney Classic and enjoy peak Robin Williams. But it looks fine for a new audience.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This looks fantastic.
🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

People need to seriously chill out with the Jafar hatred.

Why? We can only go by what's been shown so far, looks cornball as hell

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

My excitement for this and Dark Phoenix

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Eventually people will realize thy don't have to see it and don't have to constantly let us know it looks bad it or they don't like it.

Also lol at the overreactions of stuff like "it looks like Disney Channel movie"

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Okay, now this is much better than anything they've shown off so far. You have my attention, Disney.

Genie looks much better now really. I'm more convinced Smith will make the Genie his own character and not just try and copy Williams. And he has his own style thankfully. His own jokes for the most part. I liked the whole "can you make me a prince" part. Can't wait to see Al trick him into saving them from the cave of wonders. And also the Genie wasting one of Al's wishes to save him from drowning even though he literally just bent the rules before so why not do it again? (Always bugged me a a kid. Aladdin gets one wish and that's it. Though in the end he does get an infinitely powerful friend so he basically gets infinite wishes so it all works out in the end.)

Still miss Jasmine's old outfit, though it looks like she'll be wearing something kind of like it for the Whole New World part so who knows.

Still not liking Jafar just being a normal guy, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that they're changing enough so as not to make it a carbon copy of the original. I haven't seen any of the live-action Disney remakes so I don't have any villains to compare him to but I don't see him being that evil yet.

Really curious to hear what Iago sounds like. Will he be an actual talking bird that has normal conversations or just a parrot that can say a couple phrases?

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The scene with the giant parrot Iago chasing Aladdin and friends on the flying carpet.. was that in the original animated film?

It was not, but I would imagine that's part of the climax of the movie once Jafar uses his final wish to become a genie (if that's where they go with him). I can't remember all three of his wishes from the original... One was to become an all-powerful sorcerer, and his final was to become himself a genie. Oh, I think his first was to become Sultan?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yep. Which is why it will probably make 1 billion dollars.
I mean if it reviews well, I'm down.

I just didn't see anything that captured the magic I remember from the first film. Maybe that's an impossible request of live action. I just don't know. I only know that outside of a few sequences, I was uninspired and only left to want to watch the existing Disney Classic again.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The teaser put me off on Will Smith as Genie, but this trailer really did a better job. He was the best part of this trailer actually.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll ever get over stupid sexy Jafar.

Liked this trailer more than the others tbh, but I still have weird expectations considering Aladdin is my favorite animated film of all time.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if it reviews well, I'm down.

I just didn't see anything that captured the magic I remember from the first film. Maybe that's an impossible request of live action. I just don't know. I only know that outside of a few sequences, I was uninspired and only left to want to watch the existing Disney Classic again.
It's also likely impossible because that experience of watching for the first time has already happened, and you were (I'm assuming) much younger than you are now. The story beats will be the same or very similar, and from what we've seen the music is very similar (barring Genie's "Friend Like Me", which I expected Smith to really make his own).