• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The leads still have zero charisma. They seem bored to be there. Aladdin isn't charming. Jafar isn't imposing. Jasmine isn't anything.

The visuals look fantastic and I guess Will Smith has to carry the entire film with his charisma. It's gonna be a rough ride until he shows up.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Looks ok, it's a kids/family movie. Will Smith ain't Robin Williams, but again, looks alright.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
The beauty and the beast live action mostly bored me I'm afraid. Aladdin is one of my favorites though so I hope it's good.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Shit.
They fixed the genie. I laughed at the "I can just make you a prince" joke.

I had an emotional reaction when "A whole new world" kicked in.

I was sold before, now it's just a lock for opening weekend.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As Aladdin is my favourite Disney classic, I have to watch. But happily it doesn't seem too terribad!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looks better for sure. Will Smith does look like he could be a fun genie too.

I'm still not a fan of Jafar's casting at all though.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The trailer was cut Awfully :/

But fuck me that bit where A whole new world played, Disney got me.. day 1

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The leads still have zero charisma. They seem bored to be there. Aladdin isn't charming. Jafar isn't imposing. Jasmine isn't anything.

Don't know about the other guys, but Naomi Scott is a very talented actress with immense charisma. That's on Guy Ritchie.

The visuals look fantastic and I guess Will Smith has to carry the entire film with his charisma. It's gonna be a rough ride until he shows up.

Possible. I didn't realise this was a musical. This is going to be a bigger train wreck than I thought lol

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Let the hate commence.

I actually really liked what I saw. Don't get this forum's negativity towards it (or well everything really).

But what's the aspect ratio though? Is that how trailers on Twitter are posted these days? People can just turn their phones sideways...

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Let the hate commence.

I actually really liked what I saw. Don't get this forum's negativity towards it (or well everything really).

But what's the aspect ratio though? Is that how trailers on Twitter are posted these days? People can just turn their phones sideways...

Some of us don't like it but plenty of people in this very thread are looking forward to it. Stop generalizing the forum.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
A whole new worldddddddddddddddddd! I loved that song when I was a kid! Hope this turns out better than Beauty and the Beast did. Mixed feelings about the trailer so far.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Problem I'm seeing, besides the art direction being ostentatious compared to the original, is that the lead actors (Aladdin and Jasmine) have zero charisma and are presenting their lines in a flat presentation.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but I cringed when 'A Whole New World' started playing.

Probably because a live action version of this just doesn't jive well in my mind.
Worked just fine in the Broadway. This can be done well, Trailer felt very boring and I think Aladdin with a typical movie score is super tragic. Then again, this could just be for the trailer.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Some of us don't like it but plenty of people in this very thread are looking forward to it. Stop generalizing the forum.
I'm commenting based off my previous experience in every single previous thread for this film. And the pot shots taken against it in the Box Office threads. This is the first time I'm seeing any positivity towards the film here. It's fine for people to dislike what's shown so far but many posts just seem to have an aversion to the premise of live action remakes of animated films or Will Smith as Genie.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer was rich in colour and production values. This trailer finally managed to sell me to the movie.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there is some definite autotune in "A whole new world"

However it does not appear to be as bad as it was in BATB.

I'm just..curious on how the other songs are.

The movie looks visually colorful however.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
this jafar absolutely sucks lmao.

Will Smith/genie seems completely fine.

He's also the only reason this looks slightly better than say, that beauty and the beast bullshit.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i dont really see the appeal. it literally looks like a live action version of a classic and still perfectly watchable animated film. this looks to bring nothing new to the table.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Maximum cringe

Is it just me, or does the CGI to actual cinematography not blend very well? I noticed it initially in the teaser and assumed it was just unfinished, but now it just looks super awkward at how fake the background looks in most of these shots. Like the character was standing in front of an early 2000's era green screen, but there was no filter.

Also, Jafar sounds like a random casual office worker type dude.

Oct 25, 2017
lol, how many Arabs are at the front of this production again? 2 or 3?

I wish I was more excited seeing a Syrian story put to film but it feels more like the conclusion of a long game of telephone

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not really liking the guy playing Aladdin. Could just be a bad trailer for him.

Nah this guy is terrible. Doesn't look the part and his delivery ain't good either. His do you trust me is just limp and forgettable.

And if you're gonna remake an excellently made animated film, at least attempt to gain some inspiration from how the original blocks and edits its scenes.

GmHkSvy.gif

That freerunning scene just looked sad.

This movie looks like it could be alright I guess but feels as pointless and inferior as all the other remakes Disney has been putting out. And my God can you please stop it with the muted color palettes.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Looks inoffensive enough.
Which I guess is the whole point of these live-action remakes so good job I guess.

Will Smith looked fine. But Jafar is killing me.

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the Jafar casting at all so far. But everything else looks pretty good to me. Will looks like a fun Genie and it just looks overall fun. Movie is probably gonna be huge.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Will Smith as the genie looks acceptable now. Its Jafar thats the worry now. He doesnt look and sound like the villain you expect.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Aladdin in theaters as a kid was an incredible experience. All this trailer does is make me want to watch the original.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well.....this trailer made me change my mind on Will Smith (ok with it now)....but the Jafar and Aladdin casting is still horrible. Please get someone else sing for Aladdins actor.