• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
AL.com said:
The Student Government Association at the University of Alabama is warning groups that protesting President Trump during the Tide's Saturday game vs. LSU could result in loss of reserved seating for the remainder of the season.

A letter from Jason Rothfarb, vice president of Student Affairs, said additional security will be in Bryant Denny's student section during the Saturday afternoon football game. President Trump is expected to be in the audience.

Disruptive protests against the president will have consequences, Rothfarb wrote.

"Any organizations that engage in disruptive behavior during the game will be removed from block seating instantly for the remainder of the season," he wrote.

Oddly enough, the person who sent out this message now has his twitter account private. I wonder why...

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the entire stadium erupts into boos upon reading this, and not only that, but audibly loud "fuck Trump" chants. Oh that would be so glorious.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Brave statement from a public institution, but I guess since it's Alabama it's not too shocking.

Oh well, even more reason to cheer for LSU.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty tyrannical of an elected body suppressing the freedom of speech, even if it's just a student government.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Any organizations that engage in disruptive behavior during the game will be removed from block seating instantly for the remainder of the season
Booing at a fucking football came can get your seats removed, and for the remainder of the season?

So much for promoting freedom of speech

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After studying Student Affairs over the past year and university policies being a big topic in my legal affairs course there could be policies in place at the university where forms of protest are designated to certain areas on campus and must be notified to administrators.

ALTHOUGH I don't know what they are going to do if the entire stadium starts to erupt in boos!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As a Gators fan, go LSU.

Folks should protest then give their local ACLU chapter a nice call.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
Is this fool really going to different sporting events until he doesn't get booed at one? Trump really does swing at every pitch...

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After studying Student Affairs over the past year and university policies being a big topic in my legal affairs course there could be policies in place at the university where forms of protest are designated to certain areas on campus and must be notified to administrators.

ALTHOUGH I don't know what they are going to do if the entire stadium starts to erupt in boos!

Is Tuscaloosa blue?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Misinterpreted! lol!

IMG_7590-900x600.jpg

OP
OP
scurker

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
What's amusing about the threat of losing block seating for the remainder of the season is how empty it actual is. Alabama's only remaining home game for the season is against Western Carolina.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Aww they want to give man baby Trump a safe space

Are the boos hurting his orange feelings?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Trump need to worry about being booed at a sports game? He's only been universally cheered wherever he goes. Any and all boos are doctored by the LAMEstream media and probably the Clintons/AOC.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Pulling for LSU so hard
colleges are such safe spaces for the left amirite?

hope LSU trounces them.
As a Gators fan, go LSU.

Folks should protest then give their local ACLU chapter a nice call.

Hahahaha y'all realize most of Baton Rouge and LSU is probably totally on board with this no protesting the president bullshit from the SGA, right?

Louisiana is just about as red a state as it gets...

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if you think about it, if there's one sporting event Trump isn't going to be booed, it's going to be one held in the state of Alabama

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Hahahaha y'all realize most of Baton Rouge and LSU is probably totally on board with this no protesting the president thing from the SGA, right?

i thought of that as i was writing my original message. but they didn't make a statement about it like AL so #teamLSU

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hahahaha y'all realize most of Baton Rouge and LSU is probably totally on board with this no protesting the president bullshit from the SGA, right?

LSU won't care as long as it makes Alabama look bad, especially when it comes to sports. As long as they shut up about it, people will be against the Tide here.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
This kind of self-censorship by organizations has echoes of China, and Nazism in early 20th century.
This trend is super scary.