• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Question: is Alabama slipping faster than all the other shithole red states into a theocratic third world, or is the whole American South going similarly?

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ffs between this and the insane SC ruling about the crucifix in a public space, we're getting closer to a Gilead style nightmare.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Question: is Alabama slipping faster than all the other shithole red states into a theocratic third world, or is the whole American South going similarly?

I think the problem with Alabama is it doesn't quite have the big city presenanse with an influx of immigrants and young people that Florida, Georgia, and Texas have to counterbalance the crazy.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Far_Cry_5_Key_Art_Wide_1495770936.0.jpg

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Florida got some crazy stuff happening with your Florida man news every week. But at least it's still not as bad as Alabama.

Or Georgia.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
From my understanding they only have jurisdiction on church property. What makes this different from security guards?

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is how the Handmaid's Tale starts.

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
The fuck?!
Like are the real police or security? They can't be legit "write you a ticket" "pull you over" cops right? I would just ignore these chuckle fucks like mall security

Edit: oh i see above
They are just security guards, this is a non issue

Last edited:

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
What is the definition of a megachurch? Sounds like something out of a dystopian parody of some sort.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao White America finally got their own Mutaween. Liberals need to borrow "by any means necessary" sooner rather than later.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What is their jurisdiction going to be? If it's limited to the church property then it won't really matter

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So for clarification, it's a short read but.
  • They're only got jurisdiction over their own properties.
  • They will go through the same training program as other Alabama police officers.
  • Will be able to acquire non-lethal weaponry (stun guns)
  • Are allowed to arrest for unlawful acts committed on property.
  • Carry the same duty and responsibility as any other office. (Must follow state/federal law)
They're basically just very glorified security guards. That being said, I fully believe this will be challenged in court before the church is able to take action on this coming into effect.

Edit: This also means that they're not allowed to enact/enforce their own Christian rules/laws or act solely on their belief.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
What is their jurisdiction going to be? If it's limited to the church property then it won't really matter
Its a mega church. What constituents "church property" could extend well beyond an actual church.

And glancing through the article, they want this police force to preside over a school campus with 2,000 students. I can see situations where that would be a mess.