• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I bought Death Mark and then never actually played through it. I guess I should do that now.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even know this game had a sequel.

I still think it's hilarious that Experience Inc. went from making these mediocre Dungeon RPGs that were mostly visual novel segments, to just cutting out the middleman and making full visual novels.

Oct 25, 2017

I still think it's hilarious that Experience Inc. went from making these mediocre Dungeon RPGs that were mostly visual novel segments, to just cutting out the middleman and making full visual novels.

I haven't played all of Experience's games, but Stranger of Sword City sure seemed pretty heavy on the dungeon crawling and pretty light on the visual novel storytelling.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh, woah nice. I didn't entirely love Death Mark, but it was good enough that I'd be in for another one. The atmosphere was pretty on point.

Ideally it's a bit better about how it depicts women.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Sequel to Death Mark you say? That's a Day 1 then.

I bought Death Mark and then never actually played through it. I guess I should do that now.
Minus the goofy fanservice, I'd rate it a solid 8/10 for a VN. The puzzles weren't too tricky, but the writing and the horror stories were well done. Not a very long game either.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
might get switch this time, since i doubt they can do vita physical. Or buy vita digital, and have collectors switch

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Yes, this'd be the first we're hearing about a Switch and Steam port.

I thought it was very strange at the time, because Death Mark did get a Switch release in Japan.
maybe they had a deal with Playstation there.

I have yet to play Death Mark so i don't know what to expect honestly, but i will keep a close eye on both.

I wish someone will bring Iwaihime to the west, though.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Having played both Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss, I would say they're both far more DRPG's than visual novels. Which have you played to reach that conclusion?

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This is very relevant to my interests! Loving the turn towards visual novels the developer has gone, personally. I mean I enjoy dungeon crawlers too but horror visual novels, can always do with more of those!

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I was working on the OT today and saw that a bunch of new video footage was uploaded over the last two days. There must have been some kind of streamer embargo that let's them show the first full chapter in English. Here's Switch, Vita and PC footage (edit: the game has a slow start, so no huge spoilers if you know the general story):

Does anyone know if there's a review embargo?

Last edited:

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I was working on the OT today and saw that a bunch of new video footage was uploaded over the last two days. There must have been some kind of streamer embargo that let's them show the first full chapter in English. Here's Switch, Vita and PC footage (edit: the game has a slow start, so no huge spoilers if you know the general story):

Does anyone know if there's a review embargo?

There's no review embargo, so reviews should be popping up soon :)

Thanks for working on an OT as well to help spread the word on Spirit Hunter: NG! :D

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for working on an OT as well to help spread the word on Spirit Hunter: NG! :D
Thanks, that's good to know. 

The OT is pretty much done and ready to go when reviews start to show up / 72h before release. I really liked what I played of the import, hope NG reviews and sells well so the Spirit Hunter series can keep on going :)

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017

There is no Collector's Edition this time around, right? Looked on all stores, but couldn't find anything. Loved the CE for Death Mark. The gorgeous artwork on the stury box was really something.
Will probably get the EU Switch release of NG. Thanks for a) releasing a retail version in Europe as well and b) this close to the US release! Excited for this.

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
There is no Collector's Edition this time around, right? Looked on all stores, but couldn't find anything. Loved the CE for Death Mark. The gorgeous artwork on the stury box was really something.
Will probably get the EU Switch release of NG. Thanks for a) releasing a retail version in Europe as well and b) this close to the US release! Excited for this.

Yeah, no CE this time around unfortunately >.<
However, if you order off our Aksys webstore, we are offering a set of Spirit Hunter: NG character cards as seen here:

(You also get 20% off the game if you pre-order before Oct 10th)

And we're happy we're able to release the PS4/Switch version physically in Europe around the same time as the US :)

Just to note, the game will be releasing physically/digitally on PS4/Switch, and digitally only on VITA and Steam.

The Japanese version of the game was only PS4/VITA.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
So how much of a visual novel is this? As in, any gameplay at all?

Is it like SteinsGate with really REALLY minimal gameplay?