• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The reduction in battery life that people are noting is because of the noise cancellation/transparency. If you use it like Gen 2 AirPods, it is the same battery life at 5 hours.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm hyped AF.
Waiting for reviews but I'm probably gonna bite regardless.

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
I have the OG AirPods and haven't had any battery issues. I'm weak, so these will be purchased lol.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think I'm getting these. I've been looking at noise cancelling headphones for the past month and these are priced in line with other recommended models (plenty are more expensive). I've loved my AirPods so this is a no-brainer if I'm wanting noise cancellation and convenience.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
You can get some great pro quality headphones at $250. If these sound anything like the original Air Pods then Apple is just wasting its time.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Pro in the name suggests that they are targeting professionals where sound quality is like the only thing that matters...

Obviously not. Noise canceling, convenience, portability, etc, etc. Pro in the name doesn't suggest audio engineers only, which would be silly to even think would use Bluetooth IEMs for anything.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Pro in the name suggests that they are targeting professionals where sound quality is like the only thing that matters...

People need to get over this Pro naming.

It just means higher end and lots of other companies use it. How many people threw this much of a fit when Sony announced the PS4 Pro? What's so freaking Pro about that? It's just a name.

Let it go

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Lol, no. While we can argue about the use of the word Pro all day, nothing about wireless bluetooth earbuds for outdoors, working out and calls says Pro. Audio pros have audio gear to do audio stuff. Here the Pro merely suggests higher end.

And even then, what a "Pro" wants from sound is far from what a consumer does.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
These are so close to being perfect. If they had aptX Low Latency support so they could be used for gaming, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them right now.
Disappointed, but not surprised, to see that they're still using Lightning.

This is funny. For a good few years now people complained about Apple not including USB-C cables, now they do, and there's a backlash.
They'll never win. You can still use a regular old USB-A to lightning anyway.
People are complaining about the lack of a USB-C connector on the device, not the charger. Lightning is the problem.

"Pro" doesn't mean anything in product names, except maybe higher prices.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Obviously not. Noise canceling, convenience, portability, etc, etc. Pro in the name doesn't suggest audio engineers only, which would be silly to even think would use Bluetooth IEMs for anything.
There's plenty of great near reference quality bluetooth headphones. Noise canceling isn't exactly rare at that price point either. I just don't see anything groundbreaking about another pair of mediocre ear buds, if thats the case.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think I might wait a few more weeks and see how these review compared to the Echo Buds and Jabra Elite 75t which are coming out very soon.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EH-wUkWW4AAQEbm

This is a nice feature, it's usually so annoying to put tips on.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
There's plenty of great near reference quality bluetooth headphones. Noise canceling isn't exactly rare at that price point either. I just don't see anything groundbreaking about another pair of mediocre ear buds, if thats the case.
Bold thing to say about something you've never tried. Also would be curious to see what "near-reference quality" bluetooth headphones you're talking about that have the same features in the same form factor.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Like the controls - wonder why AirPods can't do the classic single/double/triple tap for remote controls

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone really wants or expect these to be ground-breaking. These are for people that like and enjoy AirPods but would like a model with noise-cancellation.

Oct 28, 2017
This is great timing because I was in the market for a new pair of headphones.

My issue: AirPods suck in the gym. I use the elliptical a lot and they just fall out of my ear constantly. Plus, they aren't sweat/water resistant. I'm always using canned air to blow out the wax/sweat (blowing from the back grille to the front), which clears up the audio quality pretty good.

Alternatives: All the non-Apple/Beats alternatives are unappealing to me because of the ease of syncing with my iPhone, Siri, and the fact that music pauses when you remove a bud.

I was tempted to go for the PowerBeast Pro, but the clipping on the ear thing seems dorky. Reminds me of these old Sony headphones I bought in Japan in 2000.

These seem like they might be perfect. I'll assume Comply will create some compatible ear tips for this.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Why would you get these over the the Powerbeats Pro? The Beats are cheaper and have a longer battery life. And have more colors.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Bold thing to say about something you've never tried. Also would be curious to see what "near-reference quality" bluetooth headphones you're talking about that have the same features in the same form factor.
Well notice I said "if thats the case". The XM3s from Sony aren't reference quality but they sound far better than orginal Air Pods, are bluetooth, have noise canceling and are slightly cheaper than these.

If you don't mind over the ear or non wireless then you can get into Sennheiser or some of the other Sonys.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Near reference quality Bluetooth earbuds? Maybe according to the box.

AirPods are valued for their convenience, portability and looks. They are pretty unquestionably the easiest headphones to use on an Apple phone. Just because you don't value those things doesn't mean others are wrong if they do.

Feb 1, 2018
My issue: AirPods suck in the gym. I use the elliptical a lot and they just fall out of my ear constantly. Plus, they aren't sweat/water resistant. I'm always using canned air to blow out the wax/sweat (blowing from the back grille to the front), which clears up the audio quality pretty good.

This is me since 2016. I'm tired of cleaning out the wax every day just to get acceptable volume levels. When I got the new models earlier this year they were excellent for a month but as soon as the gunk and sweat builds up it's back to the same old bs, cleaning it out with a paperclip and air every night just so they work properly.

I pre ordered the Pros hoping the in-ear design improves this, but I'm also skeptical on comfort since I don't have a good experience with in-ears.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you get these over the the Powerbeats Pro? The Beats are cheaper and have a longer battery life. And have more colors.
Powerbeats Pro do not have noise cancellation.

They also look pretty gigantic by comparison, and won't exactly fit in your pocket the same way the Airpods+Case do.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
might buy in Japan at Christmas if they have global warranty. AppleCare seems a no brainer just to get a new battery before you sell on in a couple of years

Use my AirPods 2-3 hours per day (commute each way, lunchtime) and increasingly for conference calls as they sync so nicely with Mac. The ANC alone might be great in the office if it cuts down on background chatter

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I will say in Apples defence there are already headphones that are similar and cost around the same.

I am however not buying these, I hate how people look with them in.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day 0, considering the AirPods are the best tech device of the last ten years

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of noise cancellation. Clips - Some don't like that. I don't. They are harder to get into the case to charge.

The case is MASSIVE compared to the AirPods. They do hold more of a charge so benefit to them for that but not easily portable. They do have volume rockers which are nice compared to AirPods

DAxo1Qn.png

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
You can; it's just a bit weird to include only a cable and not a required brick since it's not one that everyone will have. (tbh I don't have any, just a USB-C MacbookPro)
It's not weird at all. USB-C is a standard now. They don't include a brick in their normal Airpods either (I think), I don't see why they should be expected to include one here. On top of that, the tweet tries to add an 18w power charger? Lol...

I def plan on getting them there too. Are they up on Costco's site?
Not yet. I'll be checking every day. Will PM you if I remember

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
First thing I did this morning was order a pair. I use my airpods all day every day so it's worth it for me. I'll pass down my Gen 2 airpods to a friend or family member.