• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yoink
EH-nIIcU0AAm1x8.jpg

Bought AppleCare+ with it as well!

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm probably in. I love the way 'regular' Earpods fit my ears and a silicone tip (that doesn't actually go in the ear canal) and ANC are a godsend. In fact, if the ANC is any good this will fly off shelves.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
That's 10 times as much as regular Bluetooth earbuds cost.
I can't imagine there is anything about these things that would justify that price.

trudderham

Nov 9, 2017
I've used my AirPods every day for two years. Love them, but active noise cancellation is looooong overdue. Looking forward to finallyy enjoying music at the gym / next to roads / on the plane without distractions.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I've been eyeing getting some Airpods for the past few months and was waiting for this announcement before jumping on it. Price is a bit steep for earbuds so I think I'll just get some regular Airpods. Hopefully this makes them cheaper.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Would love these if the battery could be replaced in the earbuds for like $50. Headphones are 5+ year investments for me and I've seen bluetooth earbuds tiny batteries go shit after just 1-2 years.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017

Like it or not, for a mass consumer product it's killing it. Connection quality, mic quality, comfort*, battery. Look at completely wireless earbuds before them.

They don't fit me, nor do I like open earphones, nor do they meet my sound quality needs. But I know I'm a niche customer. Maybe you are too. But critically and by way of consumer satisfaction, they nailed it. Your "hah" doesn't change that.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Powerbeats Pro doesn't have ANC. These are competing with the Sony WF-1000XM3s and the upcoming Amazon earbuds.
Passive noise isolation isn't ANC, it comes naturally from the seal of the earphone or headphone, I'm well aware these have actual ANC but I don't hear anything when I'm using PBP due to the passive isolation already.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
The case is so wide and goofy looking. I liked the dental floss case. I might get there. I love my airpods but they seriously fall out of one my ears super easily. The silicon tips might help a lot.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Hopefully they have a feature that causes them to explode if the user is wearing them while driving.

Oct 25, 2017
FYI - I recommend AppleCare+ if you order it. Free battery replacement and coverage of 2 accidental issues for $29 is a pretty decent deal. (2 years)

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the inevitable 100 YouTube videos pitting these against the XM3 buds.

I loved the convenience of my original AirPods, but the battery degradation after 12-18 months was so horrible that I'm hesitant to try a new set.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Would love these if the battery could be replaced in the earbuds for like $50. Headphones are 5+ year investments for me and I've seen bluetooth earbuds tiny batteries go shit after just 1-2 years.
I'm at 2+ years of daily use(at least an hour a day, usually more) for my original release. My brain says $140(at the time) for 25 months now, is worth it.
But i just cant buy a new pair without my old ones dying lol

Oct 25, 2017
Man.. Google has to be like 'wtf' because their earbuds arent hitting until sometime next year. No idea why they were so far behind everyone else.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
wonder how they sound.
the whole integrated watch and earphones and phone thing gets more and more appealing every day.
tempted to toss android in the bin after being disappointed year after year and just get shit that works

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 2+ years of daily use(at least an hour a day, usually more) for my original release. My brain says $140(at the time) for 25 months now, is worth it.
But i just cant buy a new pair without my old ones dying lol

Same I've been using mine daily for the gym and sometimes other things every day almost since I bought them 2-3 years ago. They just work so well with the iphone.. and I've been waiting for these for a while now.. so i impulse bought em lol. If they're shit, I can always return them within 14 days.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a typical bullshit Apple price, but I have to admit I am somewhat interested in these.

I use a first generation between my Apple TV and iPhone, and having an extra pair would be convenient so I don't have to keep pairing it between the two devices. If I were to invest in this new model, it would be almost exclusively for my Apple TV...I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable walking or exercising with a pair of $250 pods that can fall off my ears.

Anyway, I'll wait for impressions. If there really do exist an alternative pair that is equal in performance but significantly cheaper, I'd like to be informed.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
So can you still not adjust the volume by dragging your finger up or down the side of the buds? That is all I want. I don't care for noise cancellation or silicone earbuds. I prefer earbuds without those tbh because they always feel weird in my ear and create a feeling of pressure.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
These are not like the shitty 30$ Sennheiser in-ears that actually go inside your ear canal. These silicone tips are just to create the seal.

Don't like the seal.

I understand that the "seal" is tantamount to noise cancelling headphones/earbuds, but it's uncomfortable to me. Thankfully the Airpods are one of the few options that omit the rubber tips completely.

Feb 1, 2018
Ordered. Let's see how they fit, I haven't had luck with in-ears in the past. They always hurt after a while.

the whole integrated watch and earphones and phone thing gets more and more appealing every day.

I leave the house without a phone but I can still unlock/start/charge my car, make calls, texts, emails, pay for things, and track my workouts. It's the closest thing to "welcome to the future" I've experienced.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really love how they explain in excrutiating detail these features that have been fairly standard in mid-end BT earphones for a good few years now. It's classic Apple.

I'm glad the folks that buy Apple-only are going to get these features now because they kick ass and the regular Airpods were just not up to snuff in features anymore for their intended audience.
Which other BT earphones auto EQ or test to see if you're wearing the correct tips?