• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/news...te-changed-to-september-17-for-north-america/

A new release date has been announced for Spike Chunsoft's upcoming detective adventure, AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES. The game will be released on September 17 for North America.

We deeply apologize for the change, but we would like to assure the community that it was necessary to ensure the best product possible. We know our fans are eagerly anticipating this title, and we will continue to strive to meet your expectations.

Well, that came out of nowhere. There's a Famitsu feature on the game this week, but the preview hasn't mentioned a release date change in Japan, so I wonder if this is related to localization.

EDIT: Delayed in Japan as well.

Delayed to September 19 in Japan.

Dunno what's up with Europe yet, but trying to find out. Previous date (July 25) was announced as the "worldwide" date.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Delayed to September 19 in Japan.

Dunno what's up with Europe yet, but trying to find out. Previous date (July 25) was announced as the "worldwide" date.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this means more Tesa shenanigans on YouTube.

I've grown to love it.

OT: I hope the game becomes better from the delay.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Upsetting to hear as this was probably the game I was looking forward to the most this summer. Guess I will just spend more time with Ultimate Alliance 3 now instead.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad for the delay just because I think it's great that Uchikoshi is being given time needed to make the game as good as it can be.

I mean, remember Zero Time Dilemma? Definitely don't want a rushed, underfunded product like that.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice if Uchikoshi and would make another video with Tesa to announce/apologize for this :D

IIRC they haven't appeared/interacted together since the intro vid here:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, well, disappointing but gives me some time to deal with my backlog a bit more. So I wish it'd been announced before I sat down and planned out what I wanted to get to over the next couple months instead of a couple days after, hah. I'll have to adjust that now.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony forced them to remove content, which resulted in the delay. If it's a normal delay then that's totally cool, and I'm glad they are taking the time needed to make the game perfect, but if it's a Sony forced one then that's just really annoying.

It's nonsensical to even consider this.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
As I mentioned in the other thread

giphy.gif

But it's probably for the best, since they were launching in a crowded period.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Spike Chunsoft told me that info regarding the European release date will be announced "soon."

I hope this doesn't imply it's months after like Aksys games. But at least Spike Chunsoft released Zanki Zero in NA and EU on the same day* so I'm cautiously hopeful.

*after they edited content and there was a short delay.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Shame, but I'm sure most of my July and probably parts of August are going to be spent with Judgement anyway.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I suppose it will be the same in Europe. On one side this way I can dedicate myself to Fire Emblem, on the oher side I would have liked to play AI in August.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Why? They delayed Zanki Zero to take content out. In fact that's the only reason I'm bringing this up.

1. I don't believe Zenki Zero wasn't explicitly stated as only delayed for the content changes. Even if you're just going on how they listed the content changes soon after, there was actual gameplay changes included in that announcement too.

2. It was not said that those changes were made for Sony rather than the ESRB, and they did not affect the Japanese release.

3. Why do you assume this game is going to have fanservice of underage characters by default?

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Spike Chunsoft told me that info regarding the European release date will be announced "soon."

I have the feeling they are going to pull a 428/Fire Pro and release it day and date with the rest of the world on Steam and a couple of weeks after on PS4.

It's not that bad of a delay though and July is already a busy month. I'm ok with it tbh

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
1. This one I'll give you, I'm not sure what the main reason for the delay was.

2. I do know it was not the ESRB that delayed it since they approved and rated the game before the delay was announced.

3. I don't, but Sony has been getting much stricter on what is/isn't allowed lately. The only banning underage fan service stopped a while ago, now it's characters of all ages.

When have they gone for a game that had fanservice with characters of an acceptable age?

(Don't tell me DMC. There is no proof that it wasn't just Capcom making a bad prediction.)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly kind of a relief to me - it was sandwiched between Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem, and I wouldn't have been able to justify paying for all three of those (FE would probably be the sacrifice)

Now they get to apply more polish, too.

(hopefully we won't get like thirty September game announcements at E3)

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly kind of a relief to me - it was sandwiched between Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem, and I wouldn't have been able to justify paying for all three of those (FE would probably be the sacrifice)

Now they get to apply more polish, too.

(hopefully we won't get like thirty September game announcements at E3)
Yeah I am also Happy.
Would have been Frie Emblem, Bloodstained and the Trails games for me, this way I can give it more attention.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The delay is a shame but I'm glad it's releasing in a slightly quieter timeframe now. Unless everyone decides to announce their games for September at E3.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I often wonder what causes things like a handful of days delay between regional launches worldwide? Especially with games now being so digitally available too. Another example is Bloodstained's Switch version coming a week after the other versions.