• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we're talking about what he was doing, as if anything he was doing means these racists could murder him, just...

Fuck, I am so fucking tired of black people having to justify every aspect and moment of their existence.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Even if he was trying to break in or whatever, that's not cause for a death sentence by mob rule. The entire "maybe he was doing something wrong" bullshit is absolutely irrelevant. Lock those fuckers in jail.

Bingo.

Loads of people look around construction sites anyway, regardless of if he was getting water. EVEN IF HE STOLE A FERRARI IT ISN'T A REASON TO EXECUTE HIM. Absolute madness how they're trying to justify it.

JFC. Lock them murderers up.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Drinking some water. Add it to the list of things black men and women can't do or they might get shot.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
All these stories do is just try to conflate the simple truth that two guys saw a black person jogging, grabbed guns, chased him down in a truck and ultimately killed him when he tried to get away.

Anyone acting like they're the least bit interested in whether he was at a construction site is, to me, dogwhistling to racists that this lynching was maybe kinda sorta acceptable.

Obviously USA Today is going to publish stories but even this one is tantamount to a black guy might have stopped at the site for water in December and February. If you're not careful it's very easy to have this crap really muddy the water.
right like he could of walked off frame and made contact with aliens im just not seeing how this is a thing unless they are purposely trying to set up a "reason" for shooting him
Why does it matter why he was there? He could have just been curious. The owner said nothing was stolen from the site.
it is simply He's No Angel (tm)

Or maybe you could read the stories that explain the homeowner has said MULTIPLE times though his lawyer that Arbery did nothing wrong, that all the security footage he has shows nothing of concern, and that the racist idiots who murdered Arbery had no connection to his house?

Yet that still hasn't stopped English and his wife from getting multiple death threats for their "involvement" in Arbery's death.

Arbery's death should never have happened, but placing blame on an uninvolved third party is not cool. You shouldn't be using a crime to justify harassment of an innocent.

Keep the blame on the racists who lynched him.

why has the story become "what was he doing in a construction site?" instead of "why was he gunned down in the street?"
Why is the media reporting this story? It doesn't really matter what he was doing there they had no reason to hunt him down and take his life

Because people have been demanding to know more about the construction site and what the homeowners knew, even though they came out on day one and said they had no involvement, and had no idea that he had even been checking out their house until well after he had been shot.

They came out right away and said that Arbery did nothing wrong. Nothing was taken. No law was broken.

That didn't stop people from blaming them for Arbery's death and it didn't stop the death threats. The initial explanation wasn't enough, so now you've got another explanation saying if he was doing anything, it was something completely innocent. Yet, as this very thread shows, people are still going to come after the homeowner, even as they repeatedly defend Arbery's actions and quite literally had -zero- involvement with anything leading up to his murder.

Oct 28, 2017
Or maybe you could read the stories that explain the homeowner has said MULTIPLE times thought his lawyer that Arbery did nothing wrong, that all the security footage he has shows nothing of concern, and that the racist idiots who murdered Arbery had no connection to his house?

Yet that still hasn't stopped English and his wife from getting multiple death threats for their "involvement" in Arbery's death.

Arbery's death should never have happened, but placing blame on an uninvolved third party is not cool. You shouldn't be using a crime to justify harassment of an innocent.

Maybe you did not mean to quote me. I said it did not matter that he stopped there and the owner of the house said he did not steal anything. That was it. I placed no blame on the homeowner.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because people have been demanding to know more about the construction site and what the homeowners knew, even though they came out on day one and said they had no involvement, and had no idea that he had even been checking out their house until well after he had been shot.

They came out right away and said that Arbery did nothing wrong. Nothing was taken. No law was broken.

That didn't stop people from blaming them for Arbery's death and it didn't stop the death threats. The initial explanation wasn't enough, so now you've got another explanation saying if he was doing anything, it was something completely innocent. Yet, as this very thread shows, people are still going to come after the homeowner, even as they repeatedly defend Arbery's actions and quite literally had -zero- involvement with anything leading up to his murder.

I understand the homeowner has said all along they have nothing to do with this and that the killers had no knowledge of the video. Also the homeowner is terminally ill or something and wanted this house for their bucket list but won't even move in now due to death threats

My question was rhetorical and directed at the media and the people driving that conversation, not the homeowner. It's not "Why is the homeowner saying he just wanted a drink?" it's "Why are we even still talking about this at all?" It's irrelevant. The 911 caller already admitted all of this

"There's a guy in the house right now; it's under construction," the man told the dispatcher.
The man then gave her an address.
"And you said someone's breaking into it right now?" the dispatcher asked.
"No," the man replied, "it's all open. It's under construction … "
The man interrupted to say Arbery was leaving. "And there he goes right now."

"Ok," the dispatcher said, "What is he doing?"
"He's running down the street," the man said. The next sentence is garbled.
"That's fine," the dispatcher said. "I'll get (police) out there. I just need to know what he was doing wrong. Was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?"
The next sentence is garbled. "And he's been caught on camera a bunch at night. It's kind of an ongoing thing. The man building the house has got heart issues. I think he's not going to finish it."
"Ok, that's fine," the dispatcher said. "And you said he was a male in a black T-shirt?"
"White T-shirt," the man said. "Black guy, white T-shirt. He's done run into the neighborhood again."

thebrunswicknews.com

Dispatcher: 'What was he doing wrong?'

Moments before Ahmaud Arbery was shot dead on a public street on a Sunday afternoon in February, 911 dispatchers received the first of two calls about his presence in the

The person who actually witnessed him there and reported it said at the time he didn't break in and couldn't articulate anything he was doing wrong

Last edited:

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
All these stories do is just try to conflate the simple truth that two guys saw a black person jogging, grabbed guns, chased him down in a truck and ultimately killed him when he tried to get away.

Anyone acting like they're the least bit interested in whether he was at a construction site is, to me, dogwhistling to racists that this lynching was maybe kinda sorta acceptable.

Obviously USA Today is going to publish stories but even this one is tantamount to a black guy might have stopped at the site for water in December and February. If you're not careful it's very easy to have this crap really muddy the water.

I had to have a conversation with someone close to me who refused to believe that it could be so simple. It was really frustrating to deal with. She subscribes to the idea that racism doesn't exist and I just can't facepalm enough. For what it's worth she was raised by a very right wing military father I guess? But.... she also claims that she's super liberal. And also thinks that immigrants are stealing peoples jobs and initially said that corona virus was just a cold. Soooo yeah. I hate people.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Right. People are posting hot takes without thinking about it. The homeowner is not trying to blame Aubrey but say all he wanted was some water from the property.

That's a fair point. I think most people (including myself) are used to the standard slow leak of information meant to cast blame onto the victim. At least, that was my knee jerk reaction.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
it doesn't matter why he was there. Nothing he did necessitated or justified these two inbred yokel's actions.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe you could read the stories that explain the homeowner has said MULTIPLE times though his lawyer that Arbery did nothing wrong, that all the security footage he has shows nothing of concern, and that the racist idiots who murdered Arbery had no connection to his house?

Or maybe you could read, because none of those posts blamed the home owner, or justified harassment, or really anything your post is about.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Maybe you did not mean to quote me. I said it did not matter that he stopped there and the owner of the house said he did not steal anything. That was it. I placed no blame on the homeowner.

You're right. It doesn't matter that he was there. It's not a justification at all for his murder. The reason why "it matters" why he was there (aka why the homeowners are continuing to make statements) is due to the death threats they've received because protestors didn't accept the initial statement of he didn't do anything wrong, homeowners had no involvement.

I understand the homeowner has said all along they have nothing to do with this and that the killers had no knowledge of the video. Also the homeowner is terminally ill or something and wanted this house for their bucket list but won't even move in now due to death threats

My question was rhetorical and directed at the media and the people driving that conversation, not the homeowner

The people driving the conversation in this case are the one making the death threats against the homeowner. And the media is going to cover anything that's said, because it's news.

Or maybe you could read, because none of those posts blamed the home owner, or justified harassment, or really anything your post is about.

You made the allegation in this very thread that the homeowners provided the statement about possibly drinking water because they wanted to make Arbery look like a criminal, as opposed to providing yet another explanation that if he was doing anything, it was an innocent action and in no way justified his murder.

Blaming English for making further statements about the house in an attempt to appease those threatening him does implicitly blame the homeowner.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You made the allegation in this very thread that the homeowners provided the statement about possibly drinking water because they wanted to make Arbery look like a criminal

I didn't say a damn thing about the home owner, nor did I say anybody talking about him drinking water wanted to make him look like a criminal

your reading comprehension in this topic is abysmal.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
twisting into pretzels trying to figure out why he should've been murdered for looking at a house under construction.

GbSj5Nx.png

Wow. The racism just mindblowing.
This is someone trying to justify a murder.
And the only reason she's doing it is because the killers were white people killing a black person.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is unnecessary, there is already a thread. Whether or not Arbery went to the construction site for water doesn't matter.

www.resetera.com

CNN: Homeowner says no crime was committed at under-construction home Ahmaud Arbery may have visited before shooting

CNN has reported on surveillance footage that was obtained recently that shows a man who is thought to be Ahmaud Arbery not committing any crimes at an under-construction home: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/13/us/ahmaud-arbery-wednesday-surveillance-video/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.