• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
"It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water," J. Elizabeth Graddy, the attorney for homeowner Larry English, said in a statement. "There is a water source at the dock behind the house as well as a source near the front of the structure. Although these water sources do not appear within any of the cameras' frames, the young man moves to and from their locations."
www.usatoday.com

Security video from construction site may show Ahmaud Arbery was getting water, lawyer says

Security video from a house under construction is being scrutinized as Gregory and Travis McMichael remain jailed on charges of felony murder.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
You mean he wasn't there to grab a hammer and a pair of Timberlands as the right wing dumbshits are claiming? That's literally what they're claiming now. They say he was casing the joint at night for many weeks, and what he ended up stealing was a hammer that he attempted to kill the rednecks with when they illegally hunted him down. You cant make this shit up...well actually you can, because the racists have.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if he was trying to break in or whatever, that's not cause for a death sentence by mob rule. The entire "maybe he was doing something wrong" bullshit is absolutely irrelevant. Lock those fuckers in jail.

About as much conjecture as "he was trying to break into the under-construction house"

Maybe, just maybe, if he was alive, we could ask him, and wouldn't need to resort to conjecture.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
All these stories do is just try to conflate the simple truth that two guys saw a black person jogging, grabbed guns, chased him down in a truck and ultimately killed him when he tried to get away.

Anyone acting like they're the least bit interested in whether he was at a construction site is, to me, dogwhistling to racists that this lynching was maybe kinda sorta acceptable.

Obviously USA Today is going to publish stories but even this one is tantamount to a black guy might have stopped at the site for water in December and February. If you're not careful it's very easy to have this crap really muddy the water.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
Even if he was trying to break in or whatever, that's not cause for a death sentence by mob rule. The entire "maybe he was doing something wrong" bullshit is absolutely irrelevant. Lock those fuckers in jail.

About as much conjecture as "he was trying to break into the under-construction house"

Maybe, just maybe, if he was alive, we could ask him, and wouldn't need to resort to conjecture.

right like he could of walked off frame and made contact with aliens im just not seeing how this is a thing unless they are purposely trying to set up a "reason" for shooting him

Oct 28, 2017
Why does it matter why he was there? He could have just been curious. The owner said nothing was stolen from the site.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I have walked around houses under construction. It doesn't mean anything.
I've done it a ton. Even had the builder or owner walk in while I was walking through it. Told them I was getting ideas for when I build, and they happily answered my questions about the house I was currently in. Oddly no one ever chased me down in a truck and murdered me. At least not yet. Fingers crossed.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
theres also something to be said that this "justification" if thats what it is, is about a black man using a white mans water fountain.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why has the story become "what was he doing in a construction site?" instead of "why was he gunned down in the street?"

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Yes let's keep talking about untouched property and the act of looking instead of a human being being chased, cornered and murdered.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I'm almost surprised there hasn't been a "we've found traces of marijuana in his system" announcement to throw more smoke.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the media reporting this story? It doesn't really matter what he was doing there they had no reason to hunt him down and take his life

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
It doesn't matter what he was doing before
Nothing he could've done before he was targeted means anything. The father and son duo hold no jurisdiction over him.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares what he was doing, they didn't have a right to kill him. Not if he was jogging, not if he was getting water, or not if he was stealing from a construction site.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I've worked at residential construction before.

This stuff happens all the time. People sneak in to look at the design and layout. Usually it's not a problem except one time a person brought their dog and was walking on drying cement which messed up the flooring.

It's no justification for the shooting especially since the murderers were not aware of this before.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This is so far down the list on things I care about when it comes to this case.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've worked at residential construction before.

Ya, when I was a teenager, I worked construction too. People come onto job sites all the damn time, for all sorts of reason. Sometimes they'll come looking for work too, and I've seen people leave cards for business contracts at job sites as well. It's very much expected, open job site, you're going to have lots of people walking around.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
why has the story become "what was he doing in a construction site?" instead of "why was he gunned down in the street?"
Blame the victim. One of the oldest tricks in the white supremacist book.

Why is the media reporting this story? It doesn't really matter what he was doing there they had no reason to hunt him down and take his life

It's unfortunate that the media lets itself be a pawn to these tactics under the guise of "just the facts".

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
how about he was just looking at a house under construction.
much like literally everyone in the entire world who has ever seen an empty, wide open building under construction has done before.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
There's literally nothing he was doing that excused the result. It's all bullshit

Same exact thing that happened to Trayvon

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Arbery's presence at the construction site is irrelevant to whether two white men were justified in chasing him down in a truck and shooting him dead like he was some animal. The fact we are even talking about this is just an attempt to invoke "he was no angel" to justify murdering another black man in the minds of people.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

It's for the clicks but the racists were trying to justify lynching Arbery because they say they saw him on the construction site multiple times trying to steal stuff. The homeowners released the footage showing he wasn't do anything to counter that narrative. This update isn't meant to damn him, it's the opposite. The homeowner's lawyer is saying he was harmlessly getting water while jogging, not trying to steal a house under his shirt or whatever bullshit the murders are trying to say now.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
twisting into pretzels trying to figure out why he should've been murdered for looking at a house under construction.

GbSj5Nx.png

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
twisting into pretzels trying to figure out why he should've been murdered for looking at a house under construction.

GbSj5Nx.png
Yes because architectural espionage is such a common societal menace lol. Where do these idiots come from? Even with that ridiculous reach, no one is should be executed for that.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Not even a little relevant, just shitheads trying say that a vigilante death penalty is warranted for any possible crime. It's not worth arguing or trying to justify on their terms at all, shut it down completely.

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so he broke in to steal water.

dehumanizing thirst

the fact that we're even talking about this irrelevant detail instead of wondering why everyone else involved - including the police apparently - isn't in jail - is astounding.

I was going to type an "even if he was..." but that's the incremental nonsensical bullshit that they'll use to explain why they armed themselves, hopped in a truck with a camera truck following them, then pincered a total stranger between the two vehicles, threatened him with a shotgun without any cause whatsoever and then murdered him, then covered it up with help from local authorities and shared the snuff tape with each other until someone on the mailing list didn't think it was funny.

none of the things they falsely besmirched their murder victim's reputation with are even serious felonies.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
It's for the clicks but the racists were trying to justify lynching Arbery because they say they saw him on the construction site multiple times trying to steal stuff. The homeowners released the footage showing he wasn't do anything to counter that narrative. This update isn't meant to damn him, it's the opposite. The homeowner's lawyer is saying he was harmlessly getting water while jogging, not trying to steal a house under his shirt or whatever bullshit the murders are trying to say now.
Right. People are posting hot takes without thinking about it. The homeowner is not trying to blame Aubrey but say all he wanted was some water from the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.