• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Game did really good then

D21gp0MX0AMGcqI.jpg:large

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
Wait, is that really a lot even when it's a bad game? I'm surprised it didn't sell more considering how much talk there was around it.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
So what was the deal with this game? It fell off my radar long before release and I kind of forgot about it until now. Did it end up being a decent horror game or no?

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Not incredibly familiar with this beyond the fact that it was pretty crap on release, but honestly? Good for them in finding success. Hopefully they can make use of the criticism and feedback to create a better product in the future.

EDIT: Just read Patrick's article on this game and...yikes. Some issues with content, to say the least.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not incredibly familiar with this beyond the fact that it was pretty crap on release, but honestly? Good for them in finding success. Hopefully they can make use of the criticism and feedback to create a better product in the future.
...this game in just incel fodder, no reason to wish them success or hope they improve things in future games.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
I was interested in the premise of the game. If I saw the game in stores and never knew how dumb the end product was I might have picked it up.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I like the premise of the game, but it's just bad. Like Dante's Inferno was actually fun. This game just sucks.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
That tweet is like an infinitely worse version of Randy Pitchford's "greasy burger" comment regarding Duke Nukem Forever sales.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't really know much about this game, is it like Hatred in that it attempts to be offensive? For some reason when I clicked on this thread I was thinking of Dusk.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Not really amazing but hey over 100k ain't bad. Hey if they find an audience for it and are able to make the game and support themselves with it then fuck it all power to em.

Viale

â–Č Legend â–Č
Oct 25, 2017
Uhm...it's hard to explain, that's an extremely edgy "horror" game.

It's about traversing through Hell, right? I don't know too much about it, but the idea of a survival horror in Hell innately seems like it'd be a bit edgy? The setting seems interesting if done like a darker version of something like Inferno. It's really unfortunate that it's apparently terrible.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
It's about traversing through Hell, right? I don't know too much about it, but the idea of a survival horror in Hell innately seems like it'd be a bit edgy? The setting seems interesting if done like a darker version of something like Inferno. It's really unfortunate that it's apparently terrible.

You should see the NSFW trailer then lol
It's really something else.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From what I understand beyond the edgy problematic aesthetic it was also unplayable bad. To their credit, not sure who said it but someone who's opinion on these matters I trust said they did a lot to fix the mechanics and it's much better from a gameplay perspective yet still not worth playing based on just how horribly bad the edge content is.

Oct 25, 2017
It's less survivor horror and more early ps2 stealth
and there is no art direction or writing to sustain anything interesting, the hell theme/setting is used as an excuse to paint everything the same color and have naked people and sex

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's about traversing through Hell, right? I don't know too much about it, but the idea of a survival horror in Hell innately seems like it'd be a bit edgy?
Hell doesn't have to be edgy. In actually the game's attempts at edginess and it's depictions of hell are creatively bankrupt and almost solely rely on dehumanizing women. It's an incel's idea of what hell is like.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
not when it's done through misogynistic and toxic portrayal of women.
Maybe I should rephrase. Not really meant to boost em but more like if it works for em it works. Not really interested in their game regardless. I'm actually surprised it sold so well I legit thought this bombed pretty bad.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am shocked it isn't more, I would have put money at least double that number

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hell doesn't have to be edgy. In actually the game's attempts at edginess and it's depictions of hell are creatively bankrupt and almost solely rely on dehumanizing women. It's an incel's idea of what hell is like.
Well, Hell can be used as a allegory to represent the underlying wrongs of society, which includes sexism. Though I assume this game didn't try to do that.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that means the Succubus game isn't going to be any better in terms of misogyny or sexual violence
edit: In that it will not stop relying on and propagating them as positive things I mean to say

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It reminds me of a game that came with a Fanatical game bundle I got called Bloody Boobs. I still haven't tried that game out.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty profitable to pander to fascists online.
I could shit out a turd with a swastika on it and right wingers would gladly eat it up to own the libs.

Deleted member 33597

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Did they ever release the uncensored version they added on Steam a bit after the controversial launch? I kind of assume they didn't because I've heard no news of the game after launch.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty profitable to pander to fascists online.
I could shit out a turd with a swastika on it and right wingers would gladly eat it up to own the libs.
exactly, the nazis, incels and alt-right are so pathetic and easy to pander to, you could literally put out a turd and call it a product and they'll buy it as long as they think it will bother those they hate.

Giuseppe not like this bro...
he really didn't have to do the emoji in the tweet. that's pretty shitty of him.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Well, Hell can be used as a allegory to represent the underlying wrongs of society, which includes sexism. Though I assume this game didn't try to do that.
Imagine a game quite literally going out of it's way to do literally the exact opposite of what you proposed. See the image below about what they couldn't put into the game:

don't like the game but congrats to the team.
Imma just leave this here
4lN13Eb.png

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
It reminds me of a game that came with a Fanatical game bundle I got called Bloody Boobs. I still haven't tried that game out.

I've seen that game being played on a stream dedicated to showcasing the worst and "Why on earth was this made?" games they could find. It's laughably bad for twenty minutes until the novelty wears off.