• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Soph's AoE Chronicles: Saladin 3 The Horns of Hattin
Difficulty: Hard
Attempts: 1

Ah the Horns of Hattin, historically Saladin would decisively win this battle by having access to water while the crusaders did not. On the actual map this is supposedly shown by us having lake Tiberias on our side of the map. Funnily enough the "English" (not sure what they are doing here as they weren't part of the actual battle, maybe they were based on the Norman crusader state of "Antioch" ) does seem to have an easy route directly to the lake on our map. I don't think there were any changes at all in the defnitive edition.

The hints tell us not to try fishing in the Lake but to focus on farms instead, we ignore this as there's plenty of fish in the lake to feed our troops. I also ignore the second hint that there isn't much stone in the desert, we can just buy a bunch in the market after all to build up our Castle so let's get right on that! Syke... we can't actually build castles or walls at all in this scenario. Maybe they should've said so in the hints instead of claiming stone was such a commodity/ We also can't proceed to the imperial age.. Oh well, it's just a bit of gold lost.. we will manage!

Attack is the best form of defense and we want to attack the English asap, their crossbows can become a rather annoying sight if left alone for too long. I focus on knights for the attack against the early English, mixed up with some Camels to keep the cavalry from the Knights Hospitallers and Templars off my back. With some good raiding and a ram or two I flatten the English base, making his resources mine and us having even more space to dock lake Tiberias.

Reynald the Chatillon will actually attack as a hero unit against your southern base, it's such a terribly futile attack with some pikemen you wonder why he even tries. Repairing the attacked palisade with a vil and you can just let your cavarchers slaughter him. In the actual battle Saladin managed to capture Reynald, he was the only enemy general he didn't keep alive as a prisoner. In fact Saladin beheaded Reynald himself because he was such an utter shitheel.

My camel + knight army at this point was growing so big it became an unstoppable deathball, I didn't capture the piece of the true cross but just defeated all three enemies that were left. The French barely put up a fight at all. Both Templar and Hospitaller factions were a little better in resistance, but the whole scenario was a breeze in the end.

Oh, Reynald actually got me on my first try, i wasnt ready for the attack at all and didnt have enough barracks to train a high enough count of pikes. I could have recovered but I would have lost a lot of momentun so I just decided to restart. The english are actually quite easy to defeat, the starting mangonel is enough to deal with their tc (as it outranges the tc) so just using that and a bunch of skirmishers was enough to cripple them super early. Blue just straight up dies to a very basic unit spam,they dont produce anything good enough after that sucide cavalry charge.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Reynald actually got me on my first try, i wasnt ready for the attack at all and didnt have enough barracks to train a high enough count of pikes. I could have recovered but I would have lost a lot of momentun so I just decided to restart. The english are actually quite easy to defeat, the starting mangonel is enough to deal with their tc (as it outranges the tc) so just using that and a bunch of skirmishers was enough to cripple them super early. Blue just straight up dies to a very basic unit spam,they dont produce anything good enough after that sucide cavalry charge.

It's funny, at first I was prepared for the attack from Reynald and dealt with it decisively. Later on in the scenario while I was busy raiding the orders, the paltry pikemen forces of blue actually did sneakily get through the wall and swarmed my southern base for a minute or two. Because they are pikemen though, they could barely inflict any damage at all.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Been playing it these days, It runs so much better than the last beta version. QoL improvements are great.

The Art of War is a great way to learn the more advance strategies of building the empire

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Need to check the Art of War out, as one who's never bothered learning builds or anything lol.

With the completion of Saladin (the siege of Acre was a nailbiter!), I've (re)played all of the Age of Kings campaigns! I've missed these more than I would have possibly guessed, and the new art and voice-overs make the "cinematic" connective tissues that much better. Reminds me of all the reasons why I fell in love with history playing these games as a wee lass, makes me feel like playing with the scenario editor again, and I'm definitely feeling the missions enough to push through and play the dozens that yet remain.

yHGsmFD.png

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've played through all AoE and The Conquerors, and now I'm on The Forgotten Campaigns. I'm dumping so much time into this game and now I have like a dozen campaigns in front of me that are all "new" to me. It's like I got a sequel to one of my favorite games from childhood, simply because I didn't keep up with the expansions since 2013. I've made my way most of the way through The Forgotten now.

Finished Alaric, Dracula, Bari, Sforza, and now I'm on Prithviraj.

Alaric - a pretty fun campaign, especially since you can't build walls, which I tend to rely on a lot. Felt good to basically ransack Rome a few times over.
Dracula - the first three missions here were pretty nice, and the third especially was a real challenge, essentially a 5v1. However, 4 and 5 felt oddly designed, 5 I barely had to do anything except wait out the timer.
Bari - I honestly remember very little about this campaign even though I just played it. The last scenario was pretty neat.
Sforza is okay but the story here felt really weak and I'm not really feeling the Italian civ, though I do like the crossbowmen.

Prithviraj 2 was difficult for me but only because I didn't rush the nearby town centers as quickly as I should have --- I just spammed camels once I realized that they get a building attack bonus for India.

Edit: The Indian building style is neat too.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
I've played through all AoE and The Conquerors, and now I'm on The Forgotten Campaigns. I'm dumping so much time into this game and now I have like a dozen campaigns in front of me that are all "new" to me. It's like I got a sequel to one of my favorite games from childhood, simply because I didn't keep up with the expansions since 2013. I've made my way most of the way through The Forgotten now.

Finished Alaric, Dracula, Bari, Sforza, and now I'm on Prithviraj.

Alaric - a pretty fun campaign, especially since you can't build walls, which I tend to rely on a lot. Felt good to basically ransack Rome a few times over.
Dracula - the first three missions here were pretty nice, and the third especially was a real challenge, essentially a 5v1. However, 4 and 5 felt oddly designed, 5 I barely had to do anything except wait out the timer.
Bari - I honestly remember very little about this campaign even though I just played it. The last scenario was pretty neat.
Sforza is okay but the story here felt really weak and I'm not really feeling the Italian civ, though I do like the crossbowmen.

Prithviraj 2 was difficult for me but only because I didn't rush the nearby town centers as quickly as I should have --- I just spammed camels once I realized that they get a building attack bonus for India.

Edit: The Indian building style is neat too.
I've been having so much fun with this between the metric ton of nostalgia and the several games' worth of brand new content. I merely nibbled at the old Forgotten campaigns in HD, so it'll largely be brand new campaigns for me there also.

There is no reason to play 1 imo
While 1 got a few of the QoL improvements that made it into 2, 2 also got a bunch of improvements that I now don't want to live without (such as auto-renew buttons for farms and fish traps, resource gauges, build queue gauges, building anims when teching, 4k assets for a future upgrade, better spectate tools that are being improved atm, matchmaking, the largest civ roster of any Age game ever made, etc). I have 1D, and I enjoy it, but 2D is where it's at.

This is a wonderful history lesson packed in a game.

I did a review: https://xboxera.com/2019/12/03/revi...initive-edition-shows-its-brilliance-and-age/

Spoiler: I liked it.

Finishing all the DE and AoK campaigns. There is sooo much content.
Nice review!

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Barbarossa, mission three. I wanted to utterly wipe out Milan instead of just converting the cathedral, and I accidentally left a bombard cannon on it :(

I do like how you have to raid the support town for villagers. Neat mission overall, good use of land and naval units.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Oh this looks like a proper remaster. I'll buy soon.

As a developer, it's crazy to think how some of the bugs they are fixing have been around for 20 years. The closest thing I've done is fix a base class constructor for a shared driver that was exposed with plug and play drivers in windows 7 rtm. My reward for fixing a bug that was submitted while I was in high school was a bureaucratic corporate root cause/cultural meeting series where I kept asking to be congratulated for fixing an old bug as an entry dev that eluded senior architects but no. Hopefully this company isn't so toxic.

I'm interested in how multiplayer is setup. I still remember my first online game with aoe and people said "go go go" so I left the room not realizing. Ah...well enough member berries.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
They are entirely different games, though.

I mean, sure, different epochs with different civs n all, but the campaigns are very poor and there is too much qol stuff and features missing for my taste.

Considering how much 2 has to offer (and now the same visual overhaul to boot), I wouldn't bother with 1 anymore :p

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Played a couple campaigns. Man, what a nostalgic trip.

Game stutters a lit, but I don't think there's any way to fix that. Seems they took the original engine, which is single threaded, and upped all the assets. IIRC, AoE is mostly a CPU executed game, so while a single threaded CPU in net instructions per second has increased like 15x since 1999, they've added nearly that much more in resolution. When you move the screen around, it competes with everything else in the single thread and that's the studder.

Oct 28, 2017
For me, AoE1 has a different flair than AoE2 because of the different epochs (antiquity vs medieval).

Also, I actually enjoy playing the campaigns (again).

Looking forward to AoE2 DE's 10 million campaigns, though. In the meantime, they can patch the remaining kinks out.

As a side note: The most unbalanced, broken thing in AoE1 still seems to me the chariots / scythe chariots. That's why I also had a hard time in that one Babylon mission ("man of god", or something) at first.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Soph's AoE Chronicles: Saladin 4 The Siege of Jerusalem

We're in the northeast of the map. near the Jerusalem walls. This part we've actually seen before in Barbarossa 6. Jerusalem as the Byzantines will be our biggest enemy, with both the orders as Teutons on the flanks helping. I couldn't find any changes being made to the map in definitive edition..

Plop down a castle to the southwest since Jerusalem will start flooding with ballista and archers soon. it's the first time we'll be able to get to Imp and have our fully upgraded Mameluke's so time to work on that. The hints tell us to raid the farms of Jerusalem.. which we can safely ignore. The main objective is to destroy five towers, four on the outskirts and one in the middle of Jerusalem. Building a few trebs would make easy and short work of these towers. Building a treb or two II took out a lot of production buildings as well to slow down the Jerusalem spam

Ended up building a ton of Mameluke to clean up the whole map, even though we could've just focused on the towers itself. The map itself is honestly really easy, I find it interesting so far that the developers see this as a three sword difficulty campaign, I don't see much difference with Joan or Barbarossa so far. Those campaigns both gave me more trouble this deep in. Anyway, we're onto some good old Jihad! next! Maybe the difficulty ramps up.

PayOffWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester England
Ive probably played the original for over 1000 hours but never touched the campaigns, So hows the multiplayer? Active? Fast?
Last time i played AOE2HD the multiplayer was 99% hardcore players and i got trashed, is it any different now?

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Soph's AoE Chronicles: Saladin 4 The Siege of Jerusalem

We're in the northeast of the map. near the Jerusalem walls. This part we've actually seen before in Barbarossa 6. Jerusalem as the Byzantines will be our biggest enemy, with both the orders as Teutons on the flanks helping. I couldn't find any changes being made to the map in definitive edition..

Plop down a castle to the southwest since Jerusalem will start flooding with ballista and archers soon. it's the first time we'll be able to get to Imp and have our fully upgraded Mameluke's so time to work on that. The hints tell us to raid the farms of Jerusalem.. which we can safely ignore. The main objective is to destroy five towers, four on the outskirts and one in the middle of Jerusalem. Building a few trebs would make easy and short work of these towers. Building a treb or two II took out a lot of production buildings as well to slow down the Jerusalem spam

Ended up building a ton of Mameluke to clean up the whole map, even though we could've just focused on the towers itself. The map itself is honestly really easy, I find it interesting so far that the developers see this as a three sword difficulty campaign, I don't see much difference with Joan or Barbarossa so far. Those campaigns both gave me more trouble this deep in. Anyway, we're onto some good old Jihad! next! Maybe the difficulty ramps up.

Yea, I was taking stock of the three sword campaigns that I've completed so far and I was kinda surprised to see that Saladin was (iirc) the only one from the original release & expansion that was 3-swords. From what I can tell, a single tricky map is enough to push a campaign to be considered 3-sword (Dracula's 3rd map, Prithviraj's 2nd), but I'm not sure which Saladin outing would have warranted it.

I finished Pachacuti this weekend and it's probably the most cohesive throughline of the "new" campaigns so far. Both in terms of the connective cinematics and the map progression itself. I did also do the Dos Pilas historical battle with the Mayans and I think of the American civilizations, my order goes from Mayan > Aztec > Inca from favorite to least favorite.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
yeah the 6th Saladin is fairly infamous for it's difficulty at least in the original game. I haven't gotten around to it in my game yet. I've been going through each continent rather than through each expansion. almost done with europe. just have Bari and the last Alaric to do. The retouched Forgotten Empire campaigns are so much better than before.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
AoE1 is actually pretty good. It's more of the same history story telling like AoE2, but more limited in scenario designs.

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
I just got a steam controller and was hoping to find a dope mapping for this game, but none are around since it's so new I think. I'm gonna work on my own over time, unless someone has one they would like to share? The best AOE2 HD one feels good trackpad-wise, but doesn't have nearly enough commands to be useful for building, and the control groups don't seem to work (unless I'm doing it wrong :p

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Saladin 6 came right down to the wire for me, my gates and castles were dust and I just barely ran out the clock.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
Played for a few hours on Barbarossa 3 and was ready for my final strike, but my save game got corrupted and likewise the autosave, so I have to restart the mission. :(

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they changed the way trebuchets work in this? They can be annoying to use now and I don't remember that ever being the case before.

If you have multiple selected and try to attack something out of range, all of them start to pack to move to attack. Even if they were already in range. I'm pretty sure before DE they just did nothing and you got an out of range message. Would make more sense for any in range to attack, and any out of range to pack. As-in, using multiple trebs results in some annoying micromanagement.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

Here's a small snippet of some of the big highlights:

• Game Stability Improvements & Crash Fixes
  • Balance Changes for the Cumans and Steppe Lancer
  • Other Civilization and Unit Balance Changes
  • NEW! Map Ban System for Ranked Matchmaking!
  • Updated Map Pool for Ranked Matchmaking
  • Lobbies & Matchmaking Improvements
  • Campaign Balance and Achievement Fixes
  • NEW! Campaign Completion Medals!
  • AI & Pathfinding Improvements
  • Art of War Challenge Missions now have Localized Voice-Overs

Pretty sure they changed the way trebuchets work in this? They can be annoying to use now and I don't remember that ever being the case before.

If you have multiple selected and try to attack something out of range, all of them start to pack to move to attack. Even if they were already in range. I'm pretty sure before DE they just did nothing and you got an out of range message. Would make more sense for any in range to attack, and any out of range to pack. As-in, using multiple trebs results in some annoying micromanagement.
Only ever had my trebs pack up if they were out of range, never while in range. If I'm teching siege range and it finishes midway through, that's different I guess.

Barahir_mjh

Feb 18, 2018
Well, just beat the Genghis Khan campaign. Overall, pretty easy, though fending off the initial attacks can be tricky in a couple of scenarios. Part of it is the AI's weaknesses, part of it is that the Mongols have such an amazing late-game army even with Mangudai nerfed somewhat. You have fast siege, super horse archers, beefy high-HP hussars to just spam endlessly, and can even throw in heavy camels if you need a hard cavalry counter. They do take awhile and some expensive upgrades to hit that point (in castle age it's often best to just make knights your main unit), but once your economy is rolling they're unstoppable especially for the AI, which is kind of true to history I suppose.

Last edited:

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Mongols are real good, yeah. Mangudai + Hussars + Trebs is a really hard lategame composition to beat. Feel like they'll be near #1 again with the Cuman nerfs.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Soph's AoE Chronicles: Saladin 5 Jihad!

Alright folks, time for some holy war. We have to mop up the remaining crusader cities after our win at the Horns of Hattin and Jerusalem to gain full dominance over all of the holy land. Our objectives are to wreck two of the three crusader cities: Ascalon, Tiberias and Tyre. Strangely enough, Tiberias is next to lake Tiberias, the actual place we battled in the Horns of Hattin scenario.. the city itself fell in that battle. Well lets just bend history a bit anyway.

The Tripoli Guard will be the first enemy we'll encounter, probably based on Raymond of Tripoli himself, him being the actual leader of Tiberias. It's a Franks army full of Knights Catapults and Crossbowmen, just here to put some early pressure onto our walls. After an easy victory you defeat them, they aren't part of the cities itself though. We also got Hebron, which is an allied city to trade with, great news! Of course Hebron is to the south of Jerusalem so what it is doing up here is a miracle. We're supposed to be near Acre after all. We'll just assume it's merely a trade post of the real Hebron.

Tiberias is however in the right position, even though they already fell battles earlier. Depicted as Persians in the east of the map. They'll be asking us for 1000 gold to join Saladin as allies, while attacking relentless with cavalry and siege. To the south is the city of Ascalon, it'll start building a wonder at this moment in time as well, as the Teutons. Then there is Tyre, the citystate island in the northwest. It looks exactly the same as when Alexander the Great conquered the city. This does hamper them immensily, they are supposed to give you trouble on the sea, but there's barely any wood on their island so they struggle a lot.

We move our army south to stop Ascalon from buliding their wonder, they got walls, towers castles and a paltry army of imperial age troops. Nothing a few mamelukes, obsidian archers and trebuchets cant handle. We also send over the 1000 requested gold to Tiberias.. and now he wants more.. another 1000 gold. I remember being so pissed off in my youth that I'd straight up go and wreck them. This time, we'll however send another 1000 gold.. and they actually do join. Doesn't count as "taking them out "though. Tyre is utterly defenseless, you can almost pepper their whole city with bombard Galleons. We crush them and move on towards the supposed "hard" part of this campaign and probably the only reason it got three swords in the first place: Saladin 6: "The Lion and the Demon"

Last edited:

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Soph's AoE Chronicles: Saladin 6 The Lion and the Demon
Attempts: 2
Achievement: Offense is the best Defense (Wipe out all opposing forces before building a wonder)

Well here we are, the pinnacle of Saladin's campaign. We're still in Acre, yet it grew substantially in the meantime. The Europeans decided on another crusade, and history shows that Saladin actually got decisively defeated in this battle. Our opponents are: Knight's Templar (teutons), Philip II (Franks), Richard Lionhearted(English), Jerusalem(Byzantines) and Genoa(Italians). Genoa used to be Byzantines as well in the old campaign, but this got changed in the Definitive edition.. since well they are from Italy after all. There's also a small Persian ally called Persian outpost who have a dock to trade in the south and will support your siege with a mighty army of *gasp* five whole Elite War Elephants.

Anyhow, I got a bit scared at this point in time, there's been a few rather nasty scenario's in the other campaigns i played, while it has been smooth sailing for the whole of this campaign. The problem of course being that this is supposed to be 3 sword difficulty, compared to just the single swords of Barbarossa and Joan. It's probably all based on this last level right? I'd love to get that achievement as well, so we'll be focusing on that instead of building a wonder and defending(the regular way to finish the scenario).

I started up a test run, not really focusing on my eco too much but just checking if I could raid the English(I really don't like longbowmen) early to maybe take them out of the equation. I raided the Knights as well as they were close. It went better than expected, i did have trouble taking out buildings though.. so we needed siege. Also the Knights Templar aren't that great of an idea to hit early since their units take so long to take down while needing a lot of micro. This is all time wasted which could be spend on taking out opponents.

Now the streaming of units started from the other bases.. the French leading with Bombard Cannons, Hand Cannons and Paladin.. Jerusalem with Trebs Onagers and Champions. The Knights with rams and Teutonic Knights. The English with their Longbowmen and Scorps and their two hero unit trebuchets. To make matters worse Genoa will send a shitload of boats your way to attack from the sea as well. All in all, looking at what was streaming in it seems I made a terrible choice in raiding the English and Teutons. With their composition they'd never be able to easily break through walls and castles. Anyway we know enough now, let's resign.

Attempt 2:

Let's get serious. This time I will focus on my eco with a ton of fishing ships and villagers directly assigned to resources, I whip up a trebuchet or two and grab a few extra mamlukes and go straight to the Franks in the North with all my military to see if I can clean them up before the siege of Acre starts. This goes surprisingly well, you do want to watch out not to aggro any Knights Templar units though.. as they'll keep following your guys with Teutonic Knights. Focus on the French! After partically wrecking their base I cut through to the Genoese which were my main target. I really don't want to focus on water at all if possible, so taking out the Genoese early on would be a massive boon. Seems they don't have any army to defend whatsoever and you can just crush them if you cut through the French base, well that's exactly what I did. The Genoese resigned soon after. The French also wouldn't be a problem for quite some time as they needed to rebuild.

Time for us to put on some defenses, especially on our northeast flank. There are some cliffs which we can easily wall up and gate up to expand the influence of Acre. You'll want to do this as your woodline is in this region just east of your base. I put up a Castle in this woodline as well. Jerusalem will attack with at least 5 trebuchets everytime. The English with some Cavaliers, Longbowmen and Scorps and the Teutons with Rams and Knights. I had about 20 Mamlukes running around to defend against these sorts of incursions. The Castle in the woodline had to be rebuild about five times in total, five trebuchets destroy it way too fast, even if you respond straight away. It doesn't help that it's build down the cliff as well. Sometimes we got lucky and they actually attacked the forward walls instead. Ooh cool, we get reinforcements... our beautiful 5 elephants........ YAY.

Anyway, some 25 good Saracen archers + 10 Mameluks and a trebuchet or two should easily take care of the Teutons and the French remnants. We set up new eco bases on the island of gold to the west and the woodline of Genoa(man they have a lot of wood) while raiding the Teutons. They end up not being a match like the past few times we fought the Templars. This leaves the English and Jerusalem. I focussed on Jerusalem since they were by far the most dangerous of the two.. and the one taking out my Castle time and time again. Mamelukes and Trebs does the job fairly well here, since my army barely needed to defend anymore we rolled over the Jerusalem forces. I don't think we need to talk about how we smashed our last enemy afterwards, the scenario had already been decided when the French and Genoese got crushed at the start. Achievement Get!

Yeah this campaign is not worth the three swords I'm sure. Onwards to Genghis Khan. If you guys are interested?

Last edited:

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I was taking stock of the three sword campaigns that I've completed so far and I was kinda surprised to see that Saladin was (iirc) the only one from the original release & expansion that was 3-swords. From what I can tell, a single tricky map is enough to push a campaign to be considered 3-sword (Dracula's 3rd map, Prithviraj's 2nd), but I'm not sure which Saladin outing would have warranted it.

I finished Pachacuti this weekend and it's probably the most cohesive throughline of the "new" campaigns so far. Both in terms of the connective cinematics and the map progression itself. I did also do the Dos Pilas historical battle with the Mayans and I think of the American civilizations, my order goes from Mayan > Aztec > Inca from favorite to least favorite.

After finishing the Saladin campaign I'm absolutely puzzled as well. Even though I needed two tries for the last scenario, it was mostly because of doing recon to see how high the difficulty spike would be. Joan and Barbarossa 6 gave me far more trouble.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Bummed that I have to redo some of the campaign missions for the gold medal but everything else looks great! So quick too.

And they're already talking about a patch for next month as well.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Trebuchets will no longer unpack if any one Trebuchet within the selected group fails to find a valid target within its minimum range.

Well that's not quite the issue I mentioned. But if anything it sounds like what I was complaining about is the intended behavior. Multiple selected trebs function as a single unit and act together rather than individually.

So if a target is out of range of only one treb, all of them will pack to move into range. Now it sounds like if a target is too close to a treb, none of them will unpack to attack until all of them are in attack range.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Ha, and just like that Saladin is knocked down to two swords.

Finished the Tariq African campaign last night. Very breezy, I think the fourth mission with the trek over the mountains was a highlight. Same general design as the Barbarossa map with limited units -- only a bit better balanced.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks people, I'll make sure to continue the chronicles at a half decent pace every other day or so! The december update is great, lots of good balance changes to the civs and bugfixes everywhere. Shame the completed campaigns all show in Bronze though. Gives us another chance to re-return later I guess.

Barahir_mjh

Feb 18, 2018
Heads up - one of the scenario designers for DE has eight additional scenarios (I think one more to come) under mods. Search for Phillysouljah.

15nyuqjs0x241.png

I've played the Byzantine Komnenos one some, it's quite creative!

With the stability and balance issues tuned up some, I may try a multi match or two soon.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up - one of the scenario designers for DE has eight additional scenarios (I think one more to come) under mods. Search for Phillysouljah.

15nyuqjs0x241.png

With the stability and balance issues tuned up some, I may try a multi match or two soon.
Damn! It's like my birthday has come again!

Oct 28, 2017
The new patch is truly MASSIVE, all performance issues appear to be gone and the ranked benchmark is also now giving me a score of around 1200's instead of 950's.

Edit

15nyuqjs0x241.png

Thanks for the suggestions, they look really great!