• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Yes it's me, the only one person who's favourite AOE game is #3, yes I'm super stoked, microsoft don't let me down

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i doubt it will be shown in july but its probably a lock for gamescom

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I just never got into this one the same way I did AOE2. Hope it's just the stepping stone for #4.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I didn't even think about it potentially being shown at the conference.

I don't think it'll be as much of an upgrade, or have as much post-support, as AOE 2 Definitive. But still looking forward to it, especially since I didn't beat the campaigns.

But please, get rid of the experience caps per match! It made the game a huge grind, and I say that as a big fan of the card system.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Never really loved the game, but it was one of the prettiest games released in 2005, and has aged really well graphically.

Oct 25, 2017
That would be madness for a rts, the game was announced August 2017. For comparison, it was announced a few hours prior to our own strategy game, which came out April 2019.

They said it was still quite early and ways off when it was shown at X019. I don't think it's necessarily slated for 2022, but they are investing a ton into this game, i would guess it's coming out near the end of 2021.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah people have been alpha/beta testing it for awhile. Definitely sounds like a 2020 release.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019

Same here. I strongly prefer AOE3 as a middle ground between what RTSes were (I find AoE2's infrastructure focus to be completely fun-sucking and boring) and what RTSes became (barely any infrastructure management whatsoever before just being outright killed in favor of MOBAs). 3's civ balance and potential strategies are also more diverse and dynamic.

Honestly once I started playing 3 years ago I became completely incapable of going back and playing 2 or Mythology competitively. The focus on microing battles in 3, and the more dynamic approach to different maps and card decks, made me completely over ever wanting to go back to 2 and have to memorize shit like the maximum efficiency of when to rebuild lumber camps and reseeding farms and shit, or needing a million unit training buildings because units only pop out one at a time.