• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing someone play TR2 like it has Mario responsiveness is crazy. Great run - and the fan pun!

Fingers crossed Alex gets the save file name, but not looking likely

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wow. A mod that treats amd PC's to run like the Intel cpus just to make Shadow of the Tomb Raider extra glitchy for speed runs. Now I've heard it all lol

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Tomb Raider 2 speed run was enjoyable to watch, but also makes me wonder how that game ever got popular. Tank controls and platforming don't seem like a good mix at all.

It actually allows quite a bit of precision to line things up and you got used to it. This, coupled with the challenging level design made it a very rewarding experience to play.

Also tits I suppose.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
I like how they can't agree to the ~1m glitch but have plenty enough time between runs anyway.

Obviously the organizers can't be sure how long things might really take but you'd think the speedrunners would have a decent grasp on the timings. Or they just want to lock speedrun extras behind stretch goals, which is probably more likely.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how they can't agree to the ~1m glitch but have plenty enough time between runs anyway.

Obviously the organizers can't be sure how long things might really take but you'd think the speedrunners would have a decent grasp on the timings. Or they just want to lock speedrun extras behind stretch goals, which is probably more likely.
it's especially weird since they finished like six minutes under the estimate. i have no idea how long setup takes but it's surprising if an extra minute or two really throws a wrench in the gears that much

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Reminded of when I tried to play Angel of Darkness on my PC last year and got nowhere.

wait, skin is optional?

1926506_0.jpg

Deleted member 1698

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks so much more fun than playing the game normally. Going back and forth in that area the proper way was awful.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This looks so much more fun than playing the game normally. Going back and forth in that area the proper way was awful.

If I do play Nier Automata again, I'm glad I'm watching this speedrun to at least optimize movement and help skip some long running sections. I used to sprint everywhere when I played and wow this dash looks much faster.

Deleted member 1698

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I do play Nier Automata again, I'm glad I'm watching this speedrun to at least optimize movement and help skip some long running sections. I used to sprint everywhere when I played and wow this dash looks much faster.

Yeah same. Maybe if there is a sequel and they make the same mistakes, at least we'll have some tricks.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yall complaining about not being able to watch nier because it's in the middle of the night, and I'm here having to wait 4 hours 30 of something I don't care about in the middle of the day !

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Nier Automata isn't perfect. Many of the complaints are valid. But I still love this game. The couch is on point for being so early in the day.

Oddly I constantly dashed around when playing, but not because I thought it was faster. I just have a constant need to mash buttons as I play games:)

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
WTF, it's possible to not get
2B infected by just avoiding a barrier?

Nice. Only affects the traveling back but still.

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I thought that run of Nier was really boring personally. Dancing dude though? He's got me tuning in.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I really hope they can blast through the next set of games quicker. Would like to see Bastion but it starts too late for me :X

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
That Nier run was maybe one of the few instances where the schedule actually worked in favor of Europe for once – watching it on a rainy afternoon was fun.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on Octo Expansion. This game is sooooo good. Good runner too.

Looking forward to Rayma- what the fuck was that microphone feedback

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Yall complaining about not being able to watch nier because it's in the middle of the night, and I'm here having to wait 4 hours 30 of something I don't care about in the middle of the day !

I wish they wouldn't run long games like Nier. This is supposed to be Games Done Fast, not Games Done Eventually. 90 minutes should be the cutoff for game lengths. Even then, that can be too long to watch some games.

Cellsplitter

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I wish they wouldn't run long games like Nier. This is supposed to be Games Done Fast, not Games Done Eventually. 90 minutes should be the cutoff for game lengths. Even then, that can be too long to watch some games.
I disagree. The longer runs are usually the most entertaining. But I suppose that's the internet for ya. Can't please everyone.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a definitive console port for Rayman 2, somehow Ubi re-released it a bazillion times without ever getting it quite right.

Granted this PC version seems slick enough as it is.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
That boss will always be a classic inverse troll, you go through that 30 minute mission, the boss turns up...and strolls to his doom.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
I really want a definitive console port for Rayman 2, somehow Ubi re-released it a bazillion times without ever getting it quite right.

Granted this PC version seems slick enough as it is.
What's the difference between the releases? I'm not familiar with the game but this run is making me want to give it a go.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017

There's a reddit thread I'm too lazy to link, just google "2019 gdq vod" and it's like the second link.

EDIT: Beat.

Man, there's not a whole lot in between Momo and SMRPG today. Any hot bangers the past few days? I saw most of yesterday's latter half and like... serious sam. And Hollow Knight.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's a reddit thread I'm too lazy to link, just google "2019 gdq vod" and it's like the second link.

EDIT: Beat.

Man, there's not a whole lot in between Momo and SMRPG today. Any hot bangers the past few days? I saw most of yesterday's latter half and like... serious sam. And Hollow Knight.

The Tropical Freeze race was great.