• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's something super egregious, most often they are just warned once or twice.

The thing is, GDQ is paid for by the charities. They have the final say, and they do not want to be associated with anything hateful or seriously inappropriate.

(Edit) to be clear, the charities get 100% of the donations during the event, but the charities pay a fee for GDQ to run the events beforehand.
I see, I always thought that the people running the event chose who went ahead and was able to run or not. I think I understand it now.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are they behind schedule? I was hoping to at least catch the Resident Evil speedrun before I turn in for the night.

Oct 28, 2017
Vicarious Visions donated $100. Nice gesture, but for a company of that size... kinda low? Do other game companies donate?

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
it's like, he thinks the other guy on the couch is having some difficulties(doesn't seem like english is his first lenguage) and is trying to help, but he's doing it in the most awful way, solely coming as the rude one.
i get it, he's enthusiastic about Crash, but jesus, no tact at all.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Purple shirt guy Jebaited ? On a serious note, this guy hobslides so many times, soo good.

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
The thing about public speaking is, you're taught that silence helps people digest what you just said. So even if you're a super excited guy who's passionate about a game (I can talk all night about Final Fight lore) at some point you should be catching yourself thinking "I wonder how my audience is taking all this in".

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about public speaking is, you're taught that silence helps people digest what you just said. So even if you're a super excited guy who's passionate about a game (I can talk all night about Final Fight lore) at some point you should be catching yourself thinking "I wonder how my audience is taking all this in".
i mean, tbf, in the case of speedruns, frequent commentary is sometimes a necessity. his problem here is being rude not just to the other guy in the couch, but the speedrunner too.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I just turned the stream on and was sure you all were exaggerating, but *wow* you really weren't. As I was typing this, the other guy started to talk and purple shirt guy legit just raised his voice to try to drown out the other guy *while using other guy's own words to do so*!

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I just turned the stream on and was sure you all were exaggerating, but *wow* you really weren't. As I was typing this, the other guy started to talk and purple shirt guy legit just raised his voice to try to drown out the other guy *while using other guy's own words to do so*!
It's actually brutal! He's going over the runner too

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
Purple shirt said please don't read any donations as the runner is approaching the final boss, so I thought that meant we'd be observing silence ...

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He told them not to read donations but couldn't shut the fuck up himself, a few times.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
dYBNCfg.jpg

iLSS7xR.png

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Ocoto expansion yet but just looking at these challenges, I know this game would infuriate me.

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I wish it was literally anyone else on the run. I'd love to watch this and I'm glad they got the incentive but this dude is unfunny as hell (also super distracted) and the girls on the couch aren't contributing anything.

I haven't played Ocoto expansion yet but just looking at these challenges, I know this game would infuriate me.

The expansion is an excellent challenge that is mostly fair, especially compared to a relatively easy base single player game. Bosses are great remixes and the last boss is a delight to play.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

its a fantastic expansion but yeah its definitely a challenge. that girl power station level he just rocked in three minutes took me like an hour

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I wish it was literally anyone else on the run. I'd love to watch this and I'm glad they got the incentive but this dude is unfunny as hell (also super distracted) and the girls on the couch aren't contributing anything.

How are the women supposed to be contributing? They're all talking to the runner which more than what most guys do when they're on the couch.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Man, this makes me wish Octo Expansion was a stand alone DLC. Also, I wish more companies would sell single player and multiplayer separately. I'd buy so many more games than I already do if that were possible.