• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I always regret not getting into the Zero series when it started. The games look really good.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
This MMZ2 Hard run looks brutal. The fact that the WR has multiple deaths is nuts.

You know a speedrun isn't gonna be too exciting when they select the easiest difficulty and enable cheats (they used infinite ammo).
You know a speedrun isn't gonna be too exciting when it's a PC FPS.

I love PC FPS, but their speedruns might as well be using console commands. It's always save state abuse and lame out-of-bounds stuff.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
That time of year again. Don't even get to enjoy being home for a day after MAGfest when this starts and takes up the entire week.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like how it's instantly obvious that it's a GBA game due to how washed out the colours are.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I love PC FPS, but their speedruns might as well be using console commands. It's always save state abuse and lame out-of-bounds stuff.

Not just FPS. Did you see that Diablo 1 run where 95% of it was save-scumming until he got the random stuff he needed in the shops? Exciting times!

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I always feel like some games get shafted when they put them at like 4 am :/. Nier deserves better than that.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
I was really excited for this Mega Man Zero run, but I had to mute the stream because of the non-stop commentary. Jesus Christ, man, let it breathe a bit.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
This MMZ2 Hard run looks brutal. The fact that the WR has multiple deaths is nuts.

For reals. Not knocking the accomplishment or anything, it's just not super interesting to watch. There should be "no out of bounds" runs when it comes to PC FPS on stream.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
JFC this is an amazing MMZ2 run

I was really excited for this Mega Man Zero run, but I had to mute the stream because of the non-stop commentary. Jesus Christ, man, let it breathe a bit.
I'm loving this commentary in the main, informative on the run and updating the story since the cutscenese are obviously being skipped.

He is a bit of a motormouth though.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
It's always so dumb that the Yetee shirts don't go on sale til the event, therefore don't even ship til the month after.

edit: also, non-stop commentary is fantastic. It's like a documentary of the speed-run. Great insights and no dumb coach jokes.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Mega Man Zero 2 is my favorite of the Zero series and the Zero series is my favorite of the Mega Man franchise. This game is so damn good and I haven't played it in a decade. It's awesome to see it ran like this and the commentary is great. What a perfect first run for me to see this year!

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017

You gotta embrace it man. End of the day this is their moment to show off and explain what the best players in the world can do, it's all in fun. I vastly prefer this to the couch of like 6 dudes trying to get bad one liners in. lol

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just remembered that I bought the Mega Man Zero Collection for DS a while ago and then never touched it.

I should get around to that.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
You gotta embrace it man. End of the day this is their moment to show off and explain what the best players in the world can do, it's all in fun. I vastly prefer this to the couch of like 6 dudes trying to get bad one liners in. lol

I just really dislike the sportscaster style of commentary. I don't need a play-by-play is all. Also I agree about the dudebro one-liners.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is awesome. The art direction in this game is impeccable. I should pick up the Zero collection shouldn't I?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Daaaaaamn. That was so good. Marathon run world record or close to it, that was fantastic!!! Commentary, runner, that's one for the books.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really good run and possibly a good World Record? Nice job.

Next up is Majora's which should also be a blast.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I turned my head too late and the on-screen timer was already reset to 0:00:00. Sheesh.

Is it really a WR? Weird that nobody there seemed to have noticed?

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We even get to make friends here!"
Nope, none of that, no friendship. VOD muted.

Looks like I tuned in just in time for Majora's Mask!

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Sucks they hit an audio issue during that because I love those interviews with people working at these organizations. They do some awesome work and it's always great to hear their stories.

Also, did Keizaron say he got diagnosed with testicular cancer? Hoping for the best for the guy.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, did Keizaron say he got diagnosed with testicular cancer? Hoping for the best for the guy.
Yeah, last year he got diagnosed. PCF helped him figure out what to do, so that's awesome. I honestly didn't know they did education, I thought they only did research.

bookmarks PCF's website