• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Man I've had Hollow Knight since release and this run further solidify my regret of buying a game I have no hope to complete.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes. GDQ time. A week long celebration of video games ,raising money for good causes and seeing how much bigoted garbage GDQ staff allows runners to get away with saying on stream.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That fight against the Radiance was crazy. Seriously one of the hardest bosses I've ever fought in any game.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I wasn't getting through the White Palace without the Bee charm and this guy is making it look easy.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Man I've had Hollow Knight since release and this run further solidify my regret of buying a game I have no hope to complete.

You get that feeling, because these speedrunners are doing the bare minimum to beat the game. If you take your time with the game, it becomes much easier, especially since you can get triple the health of what he had in this run for example. Like, I'm not good at all in these type of games and I only had trouble with 4-5 bosses that I had to replay several times. Finished the game in 40 hours and it was just an incredible experiences.

Aug 1, 2018
Man, I wish I could forget my playthrough of Hollow Knight and playthrough it for the first time again. It's soooooooooooooooooo good :(

Edit: Ducktales Moon level music reaaaaally makes me want to go back and play that, haha

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Was on tenterhooks with that radiance finale, whew

I forgot how much that final stretch of Path of Pain broke me, seeing it brought it all flooding back.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes. GDQ time. A week long celebration of video games ,raising money for good causes and seeing how much bigoted garbage GDQ staff allows runners to get away with saying on stream.

You know they're not getting off to this. It's one of the only popular events that leaves the mic to internet strangers in front of hundreds of thousands of people due to its grassroots origins. They can't possibly have the foresight to know what would happen in such a specific situation, and they're taking the time to act behind the scenes to prevent this.

AGDQ is here to spread positivity, and actually brings a diverse crew that it is mind boggling that someone would just go into meaningless drive-bys like this.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nice, Hollow Knight finally over. Didn't play yet and don't want to spoil myself. Time to get in on this!

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, I got stressed out just by watching him beat the last boss in Hollow Knight. I struggled a lot with the second to last boss and 100 % noped out of even attempting the last one. That was intense and very, very impressive.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

What are you on about? The GDQ staff has been doing its best to prevent this and they even banned runners from their events for bigot comments.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
You get that feeling, because these speedrunners are doing the bare minimum to beat the game. If you take your time with the game, it becomes much easier, especially since you can get triple the health of what he had in this run for example. Like, I'm not good at all in these type of games and I only had trouble with 4-5 bosses that I had to replay several times. Finished the game in 40 hours and it was just an incredible experiences.
I dunno. I'm literal trash at hard platformer and 2D action games, I was stuck by the difficulty of Shovel Knight and have to turn on full assist mode (unlimited dash and invincibility) to get past mid game in Celeste, some of the bosses look straight unbeatable for me.
What? Past infringements at GDQ were extremely rare and were almost all dealt with immediately with zero tolerance, someone even got booted out of the event for wearing a MAGA hat, they don't take these things lightly ever.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know they're not getting off to this. It's one of the only popular events that leaves the mic to internet strangers in front of hundreds of thousands of people due to its grassroots origins. They can't possibly have the foresight to know what would happen in such a specific situation, and they're taking the time to act behind the scenes to prevent this.

AGDQ is here to spread positivity, and actually brings a diverse crew that it is mind boggling that someone would just go into meaningless drive-bys like this.

Its not a meaningless drive by. Every year there is without doubt some runner that drops some transphobic gem like "Did you just assume their gender!" and instead of doing the right thing and stopping the run and getting the person off stream they let the run continue to go on.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really annoyed at that awful game block timing. At the current schedule it begins 7 minutes before I start work and ends 1 minute after my work day ends. It's like deliberately timed so that I can't watch a single second of it.

And it's not really good for Americans either as you would have to stay up the whole night in American time zones.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Darn. No Kingdom Hearts runs this year. :(

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I didn't know Master hand was a Kirby thing?

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Oh man, Donkey Kong Country up next. Absolutely love that game. Looks like a pretty good block of games throughout the night.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
That White Palace run through made me feel inadequate. I had to drop the game for a week because that platforming was just killing me for hours. I eventually 100%'d Hollow Knight, but that was a low point.