• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
What's with Old white people Co-op-ing black slavery when it comes to their discomfort?

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Even if we accept the premise that this is a huge intrusion on civil liberties (it isn't), lots of other things are worse. Like, you know, Japanese Internment during WW2? Or for something a bit more recent, how about putting kids in cages?

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, not the suppression of people's constitutionally protected right to vote? Not the sabotage of the people's constitutionally protected right to receive their mail? Not the people's right to a fair trial (as opposed to summary execution on the street), free speech, protest, and so on?

Social Distancing Guidelines, the greatest tyranny of them all!

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
At least he remembered slavery. For these fuckers that's what counts as progress.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yes, these lockdowns, that are not even enforced and with little to no penalties for non-compliance, are exactly like slavery!! Give me a damn break!

Nov 16, 2017
I feel my civil liberties are threatened when people ask me to stay inside so I don't get sick (I did anyway lol). Whatever am I to do with a bunch of streaming services and video games at my disposal? I need to be saved!

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
No developed country on this planet should respect the United States ever again if people like this can easily get into positions of ascribed authority.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
He's fucking crazy and he thinks that any evil thing he does is acceptable to destroy the left, and he's said as much.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
It's basically the republican philosophy in a nutshell. Other people must die and suffer for my freedom and wealth.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
tenor.gif

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
What's with Old white people Co-op-ing black slavery when it comes to their discomfort?

Not just old, but i see a few young people do this too.

I think alot of them do it so they can have an 'experience' of 'oppression' (heavy quotation marks). You'd think even having a sense of 1% of what actual oppression looks like that they would be empathetic and understanding and fight for the greater good.

I suspect many will simply use it as a way of downplay the effects of slavery on the black community by saying 'Well we went through a lockdown and a PC culture that effected/targeted us greatly!!!!!!??!! and we still came out rich so whats yoooooouuuuuurrr excuse'

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
is it weird that im impressed that he atleast gave credit to slavery
You shouldn't be, because Republicans do this all the time. They co-opt ideas to prop themselves and make them look sympathetic towards others. For example, they use MLK to downplay black issues, but acknowledge that the racism is bad and the civil rights movement was good, despite still being racist.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This guy needs to be crushed, legally, after Biden is president. He's the most blatantly corrupt AG in decades, and maybe ever.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Goverment: "you need to use a mask, and only go out when neccessary so you dont die!"

White people: "fellow black people, i understand your pain now!"

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
Internment camps, natives being extinguished, everything after slavery, multiple religions being attacked at different times, multiple ethnicities being attacked at different times, hundreds of people sitting in jail on nothing charges, hundreds of wrongly convicted people in prison, civil asset forfeiture, the list is huge. This entire train is built on crumping on the rights of the people.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't be, because Republicans do this all the time. They co-opt ideas to prop themselves and make them look sympathetic towards others. For example, they use MLK to downplay black issues, but acknowledge that the racism is bad and the civil rights movement was good, despite still being racist.

They like to bring up slavery because then they can say the Republican President Lincoln ended slavery, unlike the Democrats which are the party of the KKK.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
I literally want this fucker to suffer the consequences for his actions even more than I do Trump. But I know that he won't suffer any--he's too rich and too white for that. He certainly didn't suffer any for the shit he did last time when he was in this position, and now here he is back again at it.