• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
From the blurry Yoshis Crafted World to the dodgy frame rate of Daalon X Machina to the Resistance Fall of Man quality textures in Fire Emblem, the Switch hardware is definitely showing its age.

The novelty may be wearing off and PS5/new Xbox are imminent and will only increase the feeling that Switch is some old ass outdated hardware.

How are y'all feeling about this?

StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
it's not old ass outdated hardware. It's a handheld

The laws of physics have limits

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I absolutely agree, I think the hybrid nature of it just about makes it worth it though. Needs a revision sooner rather than later though, Yoshi should never be that blurry and too many games are below 720p in handheld. Astral Chain was very impressive looking though.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
But it's portable?

Visuals is not the main reason why people chose the Switch. I believe most Switch owners (including me) have accepted the fact that Switch games won't be gorgeous.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
"the novelty may be wearing off"
it's a hybrid console, it's not going to achieve console level graphics.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two of the games mentioned here are demos that may not be based on final code. With that said, I'm not playing my Switch for jaw-dropping graphics and I'm more than willing to put up with a few dropped frames. I feel like we put up with much worse on 3DS compared to the competition.

The novelty of Switch for me is being able to play my games anywhere I want. I went in with an understanding that things might not look or run as well.

Oct 27, 2017
some incendiary language, but yeah, the switch hardware isn't as powerful
it's still capable of meaningful gaming experiences, and the focus on one primary platform has given Nintendo license to reimagine many of their properties previously relegated to mobile systems only, so I feel like the switch still fulfills an important niche and will inject vitality into the industry for years to come

but i guess some stuff doesn't look as shiny, or whatever

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I can take it on the go though so I don't give a damn if it won't be as pretty as PS5.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Artstyle trumps graphics.

I love Nintendo commitment to 60 FPS in most of their first party games and great artstyle. As long as they have that I wont have a problem with playing on the switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Stable frame rate and a solid art direction is more important to me than super HD graphics. Hell, everyone didn't like Xenoblade 2's graphics and I didn't even mind them on portable (though that version....needed work).

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel that way at all. If anything, I continue to be impressed by what they manage to put on the system. I'm a PC and PS4 owner as well.

This isn't another Wii situation.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in terms of amassing a goat-tier library, yeah, it's showing its age

can't agree on the OP tho. PS4 and PC owner as well since people seem to care about that

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
No, its just that you are expecting PS4/One performance from a hybrid/portable and using game still in development as an example.
When there are hundreds of titles performing just fine.

We also had subpar performing PS4/XBO titles in in 2015 - thats just part of the industry unless you are playing on PC and can afford high end hardware.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
it's not old ass outdated hardware. It's a handheld

The laws of physics have limits
IT'S. TWO. YEARS. OLD.

IT'S A HANDHELD.

Outdated hardware, it is not.
Yep. Also you're talking about games that are still not finished, and definitely not made by huge team. Not every Nintendo games can have the budget and manpower of Breath of the Wild and Odyssey. Nintendo fans will never understand that it seems.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
People buy a Switch to mainly play Mario, Zelda, Smash and Pokemon games and have fun with those. They don't buy a Switch to play games with the best graphics.

Izzwan

Oct 27, 2017
Malaysia
First party games still looks good but personally I will not be picking up any of the ports that available on better hardware like Hellblade, Doom and MK11.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Games can still look good, like Platinum's (and I usually hate their aesthetics). It's going to be real iffy when next gen is revealed though :/

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
It's kinda why I hoped that there would be a Pro version of the console. I really don't like playing subnative res on the handheld. Would have boughton more games if so.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think that leaving out certain factors from the OP as to the Switch's design + the title of this thread means we won't see good discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.