• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Lol this wouldn't be bad if it was a 30-35k car....

And it should have been named Celica. But some dumbass marketers just made something and called it a Supra

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
It looks mostly okay, although I like the Scion/Toyota/Subaru 86 designs more than this, which is a weird thing to say.

Last edited:

maxpl

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
5UgvXK4.jpg
knwpmtS.jpg
9iyBfAj.jpg

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly I think it looks good from the front and the profile angles (even the rear lip). It's really the rear view that looks bad, but even that is starting to grow on me.

Still disappointed about auto only, but who am I kidding, I was probably gonna get an sti or type r instead next year anyway.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
So disappointed in this, loved my mk4 and really wanted to get a mk5 but nah not like this. Going to take a lot from the aftermarket manufacturers to make this worthy of the name.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I think that's the ugliest supra ever. Toyota please try again.
No one* will buy it.. they'll do a mid-cycle refresh and they'll kill it afterwards stating people don't want sports cars anymore.

Holy shit. This is like almost piece for piece a BMW interior shot. The iDrive knob, the console, door handles, the display.

I knew the Z4 and Supra were a BMW and Toyota collaboration, but it seems like the Supra is 90% BMW.
Everyone knows it's more BMW than Toyota. I'm still trying to figure out just which parts are Toyota since it's BMW's 6 cylinder engine, 4 cylinder, ZF transmission, electronics, interior layout, shift knob etc etc.

The only part that seems Toyota's is the exterior. And "50%" of the chassis development I guess. :/ It'll probably have different engine tuning, steering ratios and stiffer body due to being the coupe.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. This is like almost piece for piece a BMW interior shot. The iDrive knob, the console, door handles, the display.

I knew the Z4 and Supra were a BMW and Toyota collaboration, but it seems like the Supra is 90% BMW.
My thoughts exactly. Looks like only the body is Toyota.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
Profile is super sexy, the rear is even nice to look at..the front.. omg the front is hideous. Do we know how much it's going for?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

The hood vents, door vents, ass vents and most of the bumper vents are purely cosmetic?
WTF.....so its overdesigned for fun?

This is a BMW with a toyota skin, the "chassis" development is bullshit, why would BMW need toyota to help them build a fun driving car

You knew it was coming.
Rocketbunny/Libertywalk/Pandem style overfenders already mocked up.
Which drift team will be first to smash one of these things up:
49523949_294312934604900_3853217112503972836_n.jpg

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Toyota feel the need to apparently lean on BMW so much for this when they should more than have the means to do this on their own?

Edit: see the post about the interview, still seems to me that there would be less fan shitting had they gone a different route but what do I know.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No Toyota-designed&built Inline-6 = Not a Supra.

My cred (sold both)
84 Mk2
85 Mk2 with 1JZ swap

You had 2 Celicas?

Mark 3 is where its at.
The BMW engine can be soft tuned to 400HP for like 1000 dollars.
Toyota building a whole new engine would probably increase the already pretty high asking price on this thing.

I keed I keed, the Mk2s were alright.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
It looks super narrow. (Narrower than the BRZ I think?). The rear design might have worked a bit better if it was wider like the quattroporte.

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this could look nice with a different front bumper and without those vents next to the tail lights

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looks not so great, rather get a Infiniti Q60 red. Or just wait for the new z with that 400hp engine.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
The new pics.... do not help.

I'm thinking the designer of the gorgeous original concept probably wept tears when he saw this.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
That grill is .......... interesting.

Looks like something that would be in a Saints Row or Crackdown game. Like, obviously Rockstar puts time and effort into their car designs, and Saints Row is like "Ok, let's do the Rockstar thing except... on 1/20 the budget and effort."

Oct 27, 2017
If I ever decided to waste money on this poor attempt at capturing what a Supra should look like, I'd be bodykitting the fuck out of it and replacing a lot of paneling with custom work. The front and rear need a complete reworking.

Bulk_Rate

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
You had 2 Celicas?

Mark 3 is where its at.
The BMW engine can be soft tuned to 400HP for like 1000 dollars.
Toyota building a whole new engine would probably increase the already pretty high asking price on this thing.

I keed I keed, the Mk2s were alright.

Mk3. was solid for sure aside from headgasket issues. My point about BMW engine is just that it is a major break with tradition. I know Toyota doesn't make any I-6's these days so I get it, but it's still a bummer. But I will take another RWD turbo coupe on the market over none!

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like it and I'd take it over the M2 comp or Z4, but it's still too BMW for my tastes and I'd look elsewhere if I was going to spend 60k on a car. Luckily I'll never have that conundrum...lolz

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually like the Idea of two manufacturers doing colabs, cuts cost of development in half, makes them take risks and develop cars in segments that have become irrelevant outside of die hard fans. On that basis alone I hope its a mild success.

Now do a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO co developed by Audi. AWD heaven. Could even reuse an upside down Audi grill on the Evo :D