• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
www.huffpost.com

John Cornyn Encourages People To Sign Up For Obamacare After Fighting To Repeal It

"The good news is that if you lose your employer-provided coverage … [you are] eligible to sign up for the Affordable Care Act," said the Republican senator.

After voting more than a dozen times to repeal the Affordable Care Act and leading Senate Republican efforts to dismantle it, Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said Monday that the "good news" is that people can sign up for President Barack Obama's signature health care law if they've lost their jobs and need health insurance amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"The good news is that if you lose your employer-provided coverage, which covers about a 180 million Americans, that is a significant life event, which makes you then eligible to sign up for the Affordable Care Act," Cornyn said in a PBS Austin interview. "As you know, it has a sliding scale of subsidies up to 400% of poverty. So that's an option for people."

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Run this shit on TV ads here in Texas. Seriously, anything to get people to vote this piece of shit out. I guarantee you the dumb republican base here would be livid if they heard him talking about Obamacare being a good thing on repeat.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
People in Texas turned on John McCain. They won't think this is trumpcare. They absolutely would start brandishing Cornyn a "liberal at heart."
when did we turn on John McCain? when he died? or before that?

jokes aside i have seen a fair amount of Rs that don't like Cornyn, but i wouldn't hold my breath that they dont hold their nose and vote for him again in november.