• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

After playing the COD:MW beta, will you be purchasing it?

• Yes

Votes: 498 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 383 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 269 23.4%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been very big into COD, and while the beta was fun, my real interest was that 32 v 32.

And honestly, it showed me it was more of a proof of concept.

I think that was the most fun I've had in a COD in a while, and would be the sole reason I would even purchase the game.

But honestly, its not ready yet. I kind of expected it to be more like Battlefield, but its not. Its just a regular TDM upscaled to 10x.

I really hope they keep working on it though. COD needs something different to grab the people who have left, and I think ground war might be it. But its not there yet.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
It felt like the best Call of Duty I've ever played but, alas, I don't think I'm into run-and-gun shooters anymore. I've played so much CSGO/PUBG/R6 in recent years I vastly prefer the slower, more tactical, and team-based shooter style now. I will say the guns in CoD this year really feel quite excellent and the 2v2 mode is something special.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Realism mode is the COD I've been meaning to play for years now. Just hope campaign is good like the first MW games

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Haven't played the Beta but have it pre-ordered.

Buying it more for the Campaign than MP though, as I normally move on to other games after the first month, because MP games don't hold my attention for long.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Is cross play actually live? Been playing a lot today and I have it turned on but I haven't seen anyone on other platforms so far.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
No. I kinda liked the alpha but the beta showed me that this is yet another mindless shooter game. They said this game will be slower and more tactical... yeah right.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I only played for an hour. It was the best first impression I have gotten from a CoD in years but I could see myself getting bored and I know that once the horrible mtx hits I'll get tilted. It's a pass for me. I'll maybe get it on a sale if I hear the single player is good.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, but I've moved from day one to a holiday sale. Something doesn't feel smooth enough, there's too many campers and the ttk is low. If it weren't for spec ops I'd be a solid out till a deep sale, but gotta see how spec ops looks next month.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's the same thing as always. Don't even know why I expected anything different.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe...
  • Fix the dynamic range issue (too dark or too bright to see people)
  • Give me enough launch maps for the "normal" modes (at least 10-12)
Then I'll buy it day 1.

Jun 1, 2019
Nah, it's pretty good but there are plenty of other good shooters that I still enjoy and other good games in general for me to play. Playing the beta made me wanna play MW2 or Blops 2 after a while actually. The beta just didn't quite scratch that itch for me, but it's a step in the right direction.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Nope. It's not a bad game if you prefer chaotic matches but low TTK means many encounters just depend on reaction time. MW also has all the typical COD stupidn...I mean features such as killstreaks. Ground War feels like a test hacked together rather than carefully designed and tested experience, can't really compare to BF series.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, have to call Playstation to get my pre order canceled. I like every cod this Gen but advance warfare. If the sp is anything close to the quality of infinite warfare I will buy it in sale for sure.

Mp though but not did enjoy. Just not appealing at all. I went back to BFV, so disappointed lol.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
It's a pretty awesome change up of the formula while still playing a lot like normal COD. I'm actually hooked on it even if it still has a lot of its own annoyances. I wish they would remove killstreaks or at least UAVs and fix the lighting in interiors to not be so dark you can't see anyone so you just look for red nametags to pop up all the time. Overall I still enjoy playing it.

The PC version runs really nice and the biggest most important change I have to give them credit for and support is the full on crossplay. It's amazing and I feel more confident in going with the PC version because of it and can play with my friends anywhere. So I am definitely keeping my preorder.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
On Hackney Yard the game deadass constantly respawns you infront of +2 enemies

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the beta, but I ended up deleting it after 2 hrs. I couldn't get into like I use to. I think I just lost interest in this type of shooter.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Preordered awhile ago, alpha got me.... beta reinforced. Game is good, and gunfight is an amazing mode.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Had a blast playing the bigger modes with my friends. Realism is fun, plays a bit slower and not as mental as regular 6v6. 10v10+ is where it's at for me though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Difficult to say. They have so much more to do to get Ground War playable, balanced and fun. Its a CoD game afterall, so I don't see Activision changing up the overall playstyle for one mode which they will hardly support. Maybe pick it up a few months down the line, depending on what the developers do with the mode.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
No, it's more of the same with frustratingly bad map design and spawn systems. It just feels like business as usual yet again.

ground war is legitimately bad tho. Nothing about how this game plays compliments that type of game mode.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I like it a lot. I played till level 23 or so and perhaps I'll reach 30.

Ofcourse I curse at the screen at times, usual spawn kills, radar spam, bad hit detection etc but in general I fare rather well. I also like the sound and feel of the weapons and the movement in general. Its weighty but not slow. I think camping isn't that prevalent tbh, its there but I generally score better if I move around, only sticking to the objective when needed such as in HQ. You can really flank the opposition if you move around and don't go for a beeline. Problem is the too powerful radar, but that could be adjusted though I doubt it.

I was also impressed by NVG.

Ground War however I won't touch.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I have a launch PS4 and I was most excited to play the 32v32. However it runs like dogshit and because the framerate is so low it causes controller aim lag and makes me feel like im underwater. I've tried setting the stick sensitivitey to 8 or higher but it doesn't make a difference. BFV and BF1 run fine and look a helluva lot better and have more things going on than GW does. Definite wait and see. Will be curious to see a DF framerate video on Launch PS4 and XboneS for when the game launches.

I'm curious about that too, for shits and giggles, because the base xbox version is so bad.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I despise the game, and I say that as someone who genuinely enjoyed CoD every year for the last decade. There's something seriously off about MW2019.

Plus, with how BO4's MTX was handled, there's no doubt in my mind MW2019 will be even worse.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
It felt good to play I guess but I'm so fucking old and bad at these games I don't even know what the components of a good multiplayer shooter are anymore. I just run around and try to stay on objectives or shoot people, I'm terrible at it, all the design decisions are lost on me.

Mostly interested in the campaign so I'll wait for review, I can't compete with these people playing this stuff anymore.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Game's perfect for me, I had litteraly zero issue or critics with both of the betas. I'll be there day one (or rather day -5 when our shops inevitably break street date).

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I have LOVED the beta, hyped as I haven't been for a shooter since forever. Yet I CAN'T FUCKING TRUST ACTIVISION. And that has me undecided. I really want the game but I don't want to be laughed at by those crooks when they start making gameplay altering shit, exclusive guns, etc four months down the line when the metacritic score and the game sales are settled in.

Gameplay felt good and the servers were excellent.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I've really enjoyed the Beta, more so than any since Advanced Warfare. I'm not sure if I'm buying it yet, though; while the gunplay is amazing, there are certain things about the franchise that irk me to no end. Insanely quick TTK, bad respawns (and being killed by a killstreak upon respawn), to name a couple. Also, while I feel like this game gets rid of a lot of previous games unnecessary fluff disguised as new features, the formula is simply tiresome.

Personally I wish they would have handled the futuristic games better; sci-fi elements open up creative potential that Advanced Warfare did pretty well with, and I really like crazy traversal games. Unfortunately, the "netcode" was terrible for that game and couldn't match up with the speed of the gameplay ending in tons of frustrating deaths. Some of the weapons in that game were incredible though, like the sound wave blast shotgun. Now we're back to standard weaponry, simple and neat...done very well, but at the cost of innovative ideas. It's been over 10 years since OG Modern Warfare blew up; I can't help but feel like more growth should have happened in that time. Not blaming anyone (except maybe Activision), but sometimes old franchises can't escape the past and become time-worn.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Six hours ago I would've said fuck no, the game is garbage, but I switched to a controller after playing with M+KB for the last couple of nights for a few hours and now I'm back in, day one likely. The whole experience is just so, so much more pleasant against other controller peeps.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I like the game but it runs like shit. I don't like the menus at all. I want to see what the other maps are and if there are more for Ground War im actually enjoying that mode.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Best Cod in years and Ill be picking up a copy about 2 weeks after it comes out. Don't wanna potentially support a game with MTX we dont know about until release

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so, maybe on a sale I'll pick it up.

I think at this stage in my life I'm bored with the killstreak spam, arcadey CoD gameplay. I read that this entry was supposed to be more grounded and "realistic" but after playing the beta I'm not seeing it.

Rainbow Six Siege has absolutely spoiled me and will remain my go to FPS for the foreseeable future.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
While i enjoyed it early with friends and was always on top of the scoreboard on my team i decided that COD is simply i dont want from a MP FPS game. I need teamplay, coordination, a TTK which gives you enough time to shoot back and still have a chance to win the fight, wow moments. Apex and BF are still my go to games for that. COD has such a short life time (in terms of how long my friends will be playing it) that i will end up playing solo and not having fun at all.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Maybe, I need to see how much content there is in day one. How many maps can I expect? And I am waiting to see exactly how nice the SP is.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It has been awhile since I disliked a MP component this much.

I'm interested in seeing what they're doing with the SP side but otherwise no chance.