• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I thought Gear Tactics was kinda of a "my brain explodes in potential" for other games in the same format. Since XCOM has so many mods that let you add equipment from all kinds of games, it's easy to imagine

Like a Metal Gear spin-off where you run and manage a PMC company and do stealth turned based tactical operations. Peace Walker and V had a REALLLY addicting mini-game centered around this. Just expand it, and put in a full rendered 3D battlefield.
the_phantom_pain_soldier_attributes-600x338.jpg

FF2794CF260BD062783D3215B72034092C09C8D2

Or a HALO ODST focused spin off, whereas you control a group of Helljumpers against the alien threat.
e4a688_5907305.jpg

Or a Resident Evil one; could be controlling Blue Umbrella and managing it's day to day operations against bioterroism. Put a heavy emphasis on Survival Horror aspects to add to the tactics formula.
CAEF49BB854259AAB689D1E743D7C1C12F09E1C4

It could be applied to any military-focused video game, and I think it'd fit for most of them.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I would kill for a return-to-form for Final Fantasy Tactics that borrows a similar approach from XCOM but still has it feel like a grounded, original FFT game.

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout.
Unless Microsoft forms a new studio specifically for working on Fallout or forgoes The Outer Worlds IP, we're not getting ANY new Fallout game for at least 8 years. A Fallout Tactics game could sorta scratch that itch.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While we all yearn for the return of the king Final Fantasy Tactics, I think a Resident Evil tactics game focused on both rural and urban BOW outbreaks would in kind of be a dream come true?

Oct 27, 2017
Mario + Rabbids just getting ignored?

but yeah MGS would very well. And what was that old strategy game Nintendo made in the 2000s? Battalion Wars? That would be a great turn based strategy game for sure!
im joking, I really miss Advance Wars.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Blizzard wants to make phone games, they should make a TBS StarCraft phone game. That's a weird dream game of mine.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Yakuza Tactics.

Omi Vs Tojo wars in an alternate timeline. Move returning characters and family captains on a grid-based Kamurocho+Sotenbori.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
FFXIV Spin off turned into tactics game.

Thanks to April fools I still want it to come to fruition.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not what you're imagining, but Metal Gear Ac!d was pretty awesome. It's not canon though so that spinoff franchise is probably dead.

And my pick is Final Fantasy Tactics :( Please

Mar 25, 2019
Couldn't be squad based I guess but I've always wanted a turn-based/tactics Dishonored game. I never have the actual gaming skill to fully stealth through most of those levels, but if I had a solid grid and squares to blink to (always hated how finicky hovering that blink circle is) it would be fun to plan out routes. Or even real time tactics like Desperados III would work, I basically just want top down Dishonored because I suck at fps stealth

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect would actually work really well.
The could do a prequel tactics game.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Counter-Strike

Using the same maps and everything, same goals (combat, bomb diffuse, hostage rescue)

ginge

Jul 23, 2020
Age of empires skyrim edition with PvE elements against dragons and giants etc etc

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Last of Us tactics. With infected working as hazards in battles vs other humans

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone played a game called Left Alive or an older mech game in the same franchise called Front Mission Evolved? Bad games but I can see lots of potential if they went turn-based.