• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Capcom series (or sub-series) do you think will get a Legacy Collection next?

• Mega Man Legends

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • Mega Man Battle Network

Votes: 110 63.2%
  • Mega Man Star Force

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marvel vs. Capcom (this includes X-Men: Children of the Atom & Marvel Super Heroes, maybe Punisher)

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Darkstalkers

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Ghosts 'n Goblins (this would likely include Demon's Crest)

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
zYhF4rK.png
disneyafternooncollection1-1489599363001.jpg
mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-2---button-1532559310542.jpg
street-fighter-30th-anniversary-collection-mainvisual-sp.png
capcom-beat-em-up-bundle-cover.cover_large.jpg
jJtwJGt.png

We've gotten quite a few collections from Capcom over the years, & I doubt they're gonna slow down anytime soon. And with all of the ones shown above already out, one has to wonder, what's next? So that's my question to you, which Legacy Collection do you think Capcom will put out next?

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the demand for Battle Network has got to be pretty high? And IIRC aren't there some rumored mobile developments for that series? It's gonna be in the public consciousness if so

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Voted MvC based on rumours from the last few months, but secretly hoping they release a Resident Evil 1-3 Legacy Collection. Those games are too good to be superceded by the remakes.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm kinda leaning towards a Marvel vs. Capcom Legacy Collection, to be honest. Those Arcade1UP cabinets show that Marvel & Capcom are at least on speaking terms when it comes to releasing their old stuff, & it's been over a decade since the last release of MvC2. After that, Battle Network (I would say BN first if we didn't just get a Z/ZX Legacy Collection).

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Marvel vs. Capcom, but honestly I'd take any of those. Maybe not Ghost 'n Goblins.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it will get one, but I want a Breath of Fire collection.

Out of the poll options I expect more Mega Man.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Voted Legends but it's not really that I think it'd be next, it's just what I want because it's the MM series I'm most curious about after X.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
it'll be Battle Network (which I'm fine with)

what I really want but won't happen is a Breath of Fire collection.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I would love a MvC collection in the same vein as the SF Collection. Full of references, art, and everything they can get their hands into. Scanline filters, numerous aspect ratios, re-designed UI, proper online mode for every single game in the collection & etc. I would take it as a hint for a new game

But honestly, i don't think it's happening. So i'll stick with Megaman Battle Network

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd love a Battle Network collection just so I could play them for the first time and hopefully Star Force too and a Marvel Collection since I love those games. MM Legends Collection would be nice but that can come later.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
they simply can't not do another ace attorney collection. that's not an option.
I feel like the 2nd Ace Attorney Collection would be more along the lines of how the first 3 DMC games were handled, especially considering that two of the remaining 3 mainline games use MT Framework.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Battle Network most certainly (although I still don't know how they will handle the whole "Pokemon two versions" BS they did later on).

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Battle Network. The demand for a battle network collection, I think Is the highest.

Also, battle network is the best sub-series đź‘€

Eternium

Apr 8, 2020
Give us a Battle Network collection and use those profits to make a new entry in MM Legends. The original Legends almost seem like prototypes and the technology exists now to actually realize the vision for those games.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I've never come into contact with any of the battle networks but after reading a bit it sounds neat. Personally I'd want Legends most, followed by Darkstalkers.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
All I want is AA4-6

It's Battle Network

Is there any special MvC anniversary coming up for an anniversary collection like Street Fighter?

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Breath of Fire.
And they still will not relocalize BoF2.

(the one that will actually happen is BN, bringing my a lot of joy and fear)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Battle Network. I never really got into the series before so a collection would be perfect.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely not Legends or Darkstalkers.
I love Darkstalkers, but they'd be stupid to throw out another collection lol.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of Megaman it'll probably be Battle Network and then Legends.

MvC also seems likely.

All I want is AA4-6

It's Battle Network

Is there any special MvC anniversary coming up for an anniversary collection like Street Fighter?

It's the 20th year for MvC2 I think, thats why it is at EVO this year (if EVO is still happening)

Last edited:

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man Legends just seems like it would be the easiest collection to do. There aren't that many games, they don't require much changes.

Battle Network was a much more popular series, but there are quite a lot of games and some spinoffs so I wonder if they would include them all. I also wonder if they would got the extra mile and give us online multiplayer, that would be sweet.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Marvel vs Capcom would benefit the most from this and I can always dream of an announcement at EVO. We only have MVC1 and MSH from 360/PS3, as the rest of the games have never been ported to current-gen systems

I would pay *any* amount that Capcom would charge if they made a Vs. series collection and proceed to buy it on every platform, physical and digital.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I really want it to be Battle Network, keep meaning to play those games but the original GBA games are too expensive (except 3, for some reason). It also seems the most likely if they've just done all the work with GBA emulation for Zero.

I'd also love some sort of "Handheld Classics" bundle with a bunch of miscellaneous Game Boy and Game Boy Color Capcom games. The Mega Mans, Xtreme, Resident Evil Gaiden, Gargoyles Quest...

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Given we got the MMZ/ZX collection, I would kind of expect the .exe games, but there are so many of those if you include Star Force, plus they Pokemoned the thing with multiple versions, so that may be more work than they'd want.

I would like to see a Makai Mura/GnG collection, since that could be Ghosts, Ghouls, Super Ghouls, Ultimate (probably Goku Kai rather than just Goku) and the 3 Gargoyle's Quest games. If they were really cheeky we could get both Maximo games, as well.
I want Legends but I think we'll get Battle Network first.
And the Dash/Legends "trilogy" would absolutely be wanted. I have both versions of all 3 games but damn would I like them on a modern system.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Battle Network was the spinoff series of MM I was into, but I'm not sure how well it would work in a legacy collection. A big part of those games were their multiplayer and trading, and while I'm sure something could be done to implement that, I'd assume it would only be for one game in the series within the collection, which would make everyone just play that game.

But otherwise, I'd go for a Marvel collection in a heartbeat, especially if it had MvC2. Heck, even if it didn't....though it better.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Battle Network but I want to so I hope that's next. i'd also be very happy with a Legends collection (including Misadventures of Tron Bonne, of course) too.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My question/concern with Battle Network is how do you handle the 2 versions starting with BN3? Do you simply give players both games? Will you be able to trade between both your copies? Can you trade and battle online?

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
My question/concern with Battle Network is how do you handle the 2 versions starting with BN3? Do you simply give players both games? Will you be able to trade between both your copies? Can you trade and battle online?

Haven't played the Z/ ZX collection yet but I think I read they made some of the gba/ds link stuff options you can turn on and off in those games. Might do something similar.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I say this as a man who thoroughly enjoyed REmake, REmake 2, and REmake 3 (honestly, probably moreso than their originals, were I to play them today). But I would love a bundle of the original RE trilogy; not the remakes. Jonesin' for some PS1 nostalgia.

Alternatively, Dino Crisis.