• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most anticipated game for the second half of 2019?

• Borderlands 3

Votes: 110 5.9%
  • Death Stranding

Votes: 742 39.7%
  • Doom Eternal

Votes: 247 13.2%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 62 3.3%
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Votes: 139 7.4%
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield

Votes: 179 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 389 20.8%

• Total voters

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Death standing, closely followed by fallen order.

Also, nobodys excited about stat wars? Its not even in the poll.. i guess that gameplay demo didnt look as good to most people as it did to me

In any case, 2019 just went from being a meh year to a solid one for me. Ds, sw:fo, pokemon, ow, doom, zelda, gears, fire emblem. And next year is gonna be even better. Seems like this gen is gonna end with a bang.

Last edited:

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I'll play all these games except borderlands... But as a Fire Emblem fan, a new game that takes some ideas fom Genealogy, has tons of new mechanics and seems to have a dark story is just what I wanted.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Still Death Stranding. Feels so different from everything we saw at E3. Feels new-ish.

Might end up being generic. But it's the game I'm most excited to play.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
RegularFarflungDormouse-size_restricted.gif
Why does the guy get a full pair of pants?
It looks hot as hell out there I'm sure he'd like some shorts too.
20190213_154213-3.jpg

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing interesting from Nintendo that shouts must buy.

Borderlands 3 and possibly FFVIII

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Death Stranding

I just want to see how weird Kojima gets with this one, freed from the MGS lore.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My vote is Death Stranding.
---------------
Poor Gears of War.
Still can't believe they didn't show campaign gameplay from the biggest Xbox game of 2019, a game that will come in 3 months!

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Mainly Borderlands 3.

Death stranding look like a good game, just hoping it's fun too, so I'll wait for reviews, but it certainly looks interesting.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. I don't have high anticipation for anything. I want to be excited about Death Stranding but we don't know enough. Star Wars looks good.

I'm probably more excited for No man's sky VR than anything else. I was hoping they would announce release date this week actually.

Edit: forgot about Control, which looks pretty great. Ironic that I forgot about it though

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
  1. Link's Awakening.
  2. Samurai Shodown.
  3. Shenmue III.
  4. Doom Eternal
  5. Pokemon Sword and Shield.
  6. MediEvil.
  7. Catherine Full Body.
  8. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.
  9. Descent (can you believe someone remade Descent!?!)
  10. Death Stranding.
In order of hypest to least hype. However, EA has announced that Jedi Fallen Order comes out in November but I don't believe it.

Last edited:

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drsth stranding and fallen order and a plethora of Nintendo titles. First year I'll be buying more switch games thsn ps4 games.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal for sure. Everything else fell to 2020.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Wildlands co-op with my brothers is more fun than almost anything.

Oct 25, 2017
A 7 day stretch in September has Link's Awakening, Trails of Cold Steel III and Dragon Quest XI S. That's going to be where most of my attention is going.

Aside from those, I'm also really excited for Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Absolutely Panzer Dragoon.

Either that or Trials of Mana 3d, but still. God Damn.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who only plays for SP and has nothing to transfer over, the Wild Area still makes Pokemon SwSh look like it will be the best games in the series by a wide margin, plus giving me hope that with continued slow and steady advancement and refinement, one day a future entry in the franchise could live up to its full potential.

Its the only thing I'm looking forward to at the moment.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Age of Wonders: Planetfall

Been hankering for a good combat-heavy grand strategy game and this looks to have fixed many of my gripes with the previous games in the series.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the Direct, it was definitely Sword and Shield, but then they had to go and ruin that.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Gears 5
Outer Worlds
Wastelands 3

I would also add Luigis Mansion and Astral Chain .. but my Switch has died on me :(((

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
There's a shit ton of games coming out in 2019. Only one of them is made by Hideo Kojima.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Actually the more I remember what's out there, I'm probably most hyped for Astral Chain and Remnant: From the Ashes.