• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
"I'm stepping down because I don't want to make this about me"

*proceeds to have a publicized appearance on Ellen in which she plays LGBTQ+ ambassador and proclaims he's absolved, and the Academy shortly thereafter goes WE FORGIVE YOU KING*

Yeah this shit totally ain't about you at all dude.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Okay, well I have no idea why this thread is filled with people saying he didn't when he definitely did, but some are deciding it's useless.
That's because if you actually think about context, even for a split second, instead of just blindly throwing out "welp he apologized that's that", you'd realize that his apology is bullshit.

But please keep saying "but he apologized" while burying your head in the sand.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uno literally doesnt give a fuck about Kevin Hart's past homophobia. Responding to him is a waste of time

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uno literally doesnt give a fuck about Kevin Hart's past homophobia. Responding to him is a waste of time
I already think he's an asshole for more than those comments, and I'm glad they haven't been a part of his persona or stand up for a while now. But if pointing out the timeline, and him never apologizing was inaccurate gets this many attacks, that's fine. Wouldn't be surprised if the reports were off the charts either.
Fuck you

Sorry if I said fuck you
This would be more analogous if you told me "fuck you" 6 years ago.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I already think he's an asshole for more than those comments, and I'm glad they haven't been a part of his persona or stand up for a while now. But if pointing out the timeline, and him never apologizing was inaccurate gets this many attacks, that's fine. Wouldn't be surprised if the reports were off the charts either.

This would be more analogous if you told me "fuck you" 6 years ago.

can you give me your breakdown of the timeline?

mechs

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Excusing homophobic rhetoric; account still in junior phase
I figured with his interview with ellen this would cause more waves.

Not watched the interview yet as not had the time to sit down with it, but seems like people won't be happy until Kevin falls on his sword

I think he is ok to stand his ground at this point. He has apologised to "anyone he hurt" and said he won't pull tweets, etc.

I'm not in the LGBT community so I'm not as affected by his comments, and I definitely won't try and say how that community should feel regard his tweets and jokes.

I just feel there is a stand off right now and forcing him to be an advocate for LGBT community, as Don Lemon mentioned, is unnecessary and forced. He shouldn't do the Oscars either as it's just tainted now

For what it's worth I cracked up at that whole gay section of Kevin's standup (I watched years ago and was surprised he was just getting that work). Reading it sounds a lot more harsh than when it's being performed and Kevin even mentions about his own insecurities.

At this stage, apologise and just keep it moving. No one is benefiting from this

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I'm a gay man, and a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. Not going to comment on Hart as I think the African American lgbt community has specific issues regarding homophobia and abuse, glad Don Lemon bought this into focus.
I would like to share something that took me forever to really understand. When it comes to forgiveness, keep in mind it is never about the person being forgiven. It's not for their benefit. You forgive for your own benefit, its a gift that you give to yourself. Righteous anger is the worst, it's soo hard to let go, its a rabbit hole. The pain, anger or whatever, it isn't affecting the person who hurt or wronged you...its affecting you.

Rose Red

Oct 26, 2017
I'm bisexual, and greatly amused by the fact people seem to think we should be more ready to forget this than Hart. Fuck that.

He just keeps doing a series of non-apologies with the usual non-apology word twisting. You can tell he's not sorry at all

He and Ellen can both fuck off forever as far as I'm concerned. I hope that's a genuine enough statement for anyone who was wondering.

Also that article about hurting black LGBT community was spot on. It's telling how rich white hollywood people like Jenner and Ellen feel so liberated about whitewashing prejudice. When you got enough privilege and money these things don't touch your life.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Why did I read the comments below the Variety article on Don Lemon criticizing Kevin Hart's Ellen interview?
Here's just a short selection of some particularly well-articulated thoughts.

Stop your boo hooin' you cry baby b!#%ch you choose to be gay and you knew not everyone agrees with homosexuality

Should we start policing all comedians who made jokes about gays?

Wow! A person can't have their own views about an issue and have to apologize for their views. Kevin Hart has the GOD given right to feel how he chooses just as those in the LGBT community have the right to choose their sexual orientation. It seems as though if your not in agreement with my views and ready to help fight my cause then you shouldn't be allowed to do what you do best.

I don't hate gays but

Stop pushing the LBGT agenda on people

stop being a bunch of pansies.

I now want to crawl into a hole and die.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I can tell you why Kevin Hart feels he's the victim and he never really apologized. Because he was never joking. He would still physically harm his son for playing with dolls.

Dweebo

Oct 26, 2017
Do people have to cut an arm or leg off to apologize now? What the heck is a "real" apology? lol

Like really, what is it that would make you forgive this dude? Sometimes it seems people want to see people burn to a crisp rathe than forgive them.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a gay man, and a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. Not going to comment on Hart as I think the African American lgbt community has specific issues regarding homophobia and abuse, glad Don Lemon bought this into focus.
I would like to share something that took me forever to really understand. When it comes to forgiveness, keep in mind it is never about the person being forgiven. It's not for their benefit. You forgive for your own benefit, its a gift that you give to yourself. Righteous anger is the worst, it's soo hard to let go, its a rabbit hole. The pain, anger or whatever, it isn't affecting the person who hurt or wronged you...its affecting you.

Nope fuck that.

One of the greatest strengths I've ever found was in embracing that it's ok not to forgive.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Do people have to cut an arm or leg off to apologize now? What the heck is a "real" apology? lol

Like really, what is it that would make you forgive this dude? Sometimes it seems people want to see people burn to a crisp rathe than forgive them.

A genuine apology for starters.

A cessation of his claims that he had already done so.

None of this sorry if my words offended you

Not doing a flipping I'm the victim media tour.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Maybe one that's not "I'm sorry you were offended but I'm the real victim here" and not some forced PR bullshit.

Why is this so hard to understand.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Fuck you

Sorry if I said fuck you
Lol sums it up perfectly. It's clear at this point he actually isn't sorry for saying it and it's impossible to force someone to feel sorry for something they're not sorry for. The part that kills me the most though, is how he somehow turned this whole thing into something that improves his image. Bravo, you dick.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I would take out the common sentiment of "he didn't apologize" and change it to "he said I apologize for my harmful, insensitive words" the latter seems to be left out completely, even if it seems non genuine from
Ok, do you think that apology is actually worth something when it came hours after he publicly declared he would NOT apologize?

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018

Yeah I'm not going to lie, this continued rage seems a bit irrational. Its like people aren't being truly honest in what they want to happem to Hart.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

Issue a real apology and not a written PR statement that came after a day full of videos of him saying he's not gonna apologize and basically telling people to fuck off.

I would take out the common sentiment of "he didn't apologize" and change it to "he said I apologize for my harmful, insensitive words" the latter seems to be left out completely, even if it seems non genuine from hart.
No, it needs to be there because he continues to promote this made up timeline where he apologized in the past.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I swear I had the exact same though. Cut off an arm or leg and it probably still wouldnt be enough. I agree with everything you said.

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I would take out the common sentiment of "he didn't apologize" and change it to "he said I apologize for my harmful, insensitive words" the latter seems to be left out completely, even if it seems non genuine from hart.

that doesn't really help. but you do understand that there are multiple instances of "kevin hart didn't apologize" right? there's the issue of him repeatedly claiming that he has already addressed and apologized for what he said. while he certainly did address his instances of homophobic tweets or jokes the apology seems missing.

per the vulture

Men's Health 2013

I'm not big on joking about politics or on jokes pointed at the gay community. That's not my agenda. That's not what I strive to do. I leave those things alone. Things have really changed between where comedy is now and where it used to be.

Playboy 2014

I'm not a political guy. I don't really deal with Democrats or Republicans. I don't find that funny. And I don't talk about the gay community, be it male or female. No thank you! It's such a sensitive subject. I've seen comics get into serious trouble by joking about gay people. It's too dangerous. Whatever you say, any joke you make about the gay community, it's going to be misconstrued. It's not worth it.

Reddit 2014

It's just a sensitive topic and I respect people of all orientations. So, it's just best left alone.

Hitflix 2015

I said to myself, This is funny. And at the end of the day, funny is funny, regardless of what area it's coming from. So, you know, when doing it, I felt that the scene called for the actions and reactions that we gave. And for the individuals that we're portraying, the characters that we're playing, it's what fit them for those moments. So once again, I just look for the laugh, man, and the best way to get there.

he addresses the issue. but apologizing? not seeing it. so we can agree that despite his insistence in two instagram posts (https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEFNFalWgw/?hl=en and https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEjHFCFe83/?utm_source=ig_embed) the issue was apologized for and addressed in a meaningful way we can agree that that's not true, right?

now there's the issue of how genuine the apology is. when saying that he "didn't apologize." in the same day he posted two instagram videos adamantly saying that he wasn't going to apologize because there was no need to and he already has (which he hadn't) he then posts an apology containing "I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past" a sentence which would have nipped the issue in the bud had he not been so pig headed and refuse to apologize in the first place.

so did he technically apologize? sure. can you fault people for saying that he didn't due to him having not apologized in the past and doing an immediate about face from saying he won't apologize? not really.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for "it's just a joke" when it's actually just a joke and when you can tell the person telling the joke does not actually feel any hostility towards the target of the joke.

But man, you can definitely tell from his tweets that the dude has major issues with homosexuality. I hate when people say it's just a joke and act like people are too dumb to be able to tell the difference.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Seems to me people in this thread have made very specific criticisms of Hart's apology tour and what they believe he should have addressed, so it might be better to make yourself a part of the conversation before asking misleading questions.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
The apology wasn't directed at me so that's not really for me to decide.
Then why is this fucking important to you?

Because he makes a funny? There are others that can do that.
Because he's black? There are others that are and not asshats.

I know why, because it doesn't affect you, you haven't had that shit happen in your perfect life, and can "just ask questions" everyday, and go back to your safe life after all this.

It's easy to pass judgement and be 'higher' when you aren't in the shit and seeing what this does. Defend the millionaire! He needs your help!

Winterblink

Oct 26, 2017
Not watched the interview yet as not had the time to sit down with it, but seems like people won't be happy until Kevin falls on his sword
See this is what I'm confused by -- what is the path forward that would be satisfactory to people? Is there any redemption/forgiveness/etc. possible? If yes then what should that look like, and if not then what happens to Hart?

My personal feelings are that his tweets were certainly in poor taste, but he acknowledged that they occurred in the past and that his experience since then has defined who he is today. If there's acknowledgment that they were hurtful and he's sought to do better since then, does not that constitute some sort of growth?

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then why is this fucking important to you?

Because he makes a funny? There are others that can do that.
Because he's black? There are others that are and not asshats.

I know why, because it doesn't affect you, you haven't had that shit happen in your perfect life, and can "just ask questions" everyday, and go back to your safe life after all this.

It's easy to pass judgement and be 'higher' when you aren't in the shit and seeing what this does. Defend the millionaire! He needs your help!

Because like most stories, all parts of them should be relevant and acknowledged.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
from this thread I'm seeing some of you'd fuck with trump if he'd only go in the bathroom, lean over the toilet and orally shit out a 'im sorry if my actions offended anyone' , even if immediately before he'd said he'd never apologize to those LIEberals and immediately afterwards went on a dementia rant about how the leftists MSM was always out to get him if you honestly look back at the situation

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
from this thread I'm seeing some of you'd fuck with trump if he'd only go in the bathroom, lean over the toilet and orally shit out a 'im sorry if my actions offended anyone' , even if immediately before he'd said he'd never apologize to those LIEberals and immediately afterwards went on a dementia rant about how the leftists MSM was always out to get him if you honestly look back at the situation

kevin has pretty much made it clear he doesnt care about working at the oscars or people who are upset at him. i think some people are pissed because there isn't any leverage at this point over him so he gets away 'clean'.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Someone should straight up ask Hart if he's okay with his son being gay now.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
kevin has pretty much made it clear he doesnt care about working at the oscars or people who are upset at him. i think some people are pissed because there isn't any leverage at this point over him so he gets away 'clean'.
People were always going to be mad because Kevin has demonstrated through his actions that he hasn't actually moved on from his bigoted comments.

(1) He NEVER actually apologized or showed throughout the years that he moved on. In fact, on a number of occasions he swept his comments under the rug (see posts on this page which specifically go through his comments on the matter from then until now). Additionally, when he finally did apologize it was the good ole "sorry if you're offended"

(2) when the actual tweets came up, he refused to apologize, continued with this "screw haters diatribe" then later followed up and explained he had to apologize or he could not host and instead DECIDED TO STEP DOWN. After that he made an apology FINALLY to save some face. So instead of apologizing from the beginning (which he couldn't do because he didn't think he did anything wrong) Kevin decided he would rather exacerbate the problems with LGBT individuals inciting more anger because it's obvious he doesn't care,

(3) finally he decided that he's gonna have his PR team throw him on some victimization tour as if he was the one being attacked.

Lmao kevin is a celebrity, and anything he says is scrutinized because he make massive amounts money off of the general public and has large influence over swaths of minorities which is evidenced in this incident alone. He has the resources to turn people easily to his side as long as he keeps his rich friends and listens to the professionals he pays to keep his image fine. He should be held accountable, and he should've apologized correctly to other minorities because I would presume he knows what it's like, a lot of us black people should, but then I'm not surprised we got dudes in here defending Kevin as if the issue is specifically that he's a black celebrity. Comedians tend to stick together I guess.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Once again you've slung shit and put words in my mouth.
I don't understand why you're even here anymore other than to point your finger in the air with a "Well technically, he apologized".

Ok, there was a clearly bullshitted PR apology issued on his Twitter. That doesn't actually change anything that he said after that, where he reverted back to his original position on Ellen.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why you're even here anymore other than to point your finger in the air with a "Well technically, he apologized".

Ok, there was a clearly bullshitted PR apology issued on his Twitter. That doesn't actually change anything that he said after that, where he reverted back to his original position on Ellen.
If it was that easy to admit it's even more baffling that my original posts on the subject were met with any pushback, or any attention at all.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If it was that easy to admit it's even more baffling that my original posts on the subject were met with any pushback, or any attention at all.
I never denied that there was an apology issued on his Twitter. I've been arguing about it for like a day. You on the other hand haven't revealed why you're so adamant about mentioning this. You're weirdly attached to it yet bail when the conversation is not literally about whether or not an apology was issued.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the Ellen appearance and thought it was pretty good, not perfect, but still pretty good. Then I came here and I'm surprised to see many (most?) of you here continue to berate him. What else do you want from him? People do change with time.