• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you keep watching the MCU after phase 3?

• Yes, I love these stories keep them coming!

Votes: 838 66.3%
  • No, this is the end for my heroes and for me.

Votes: 91 7.2%
  • I'll wait to see a few movies before deciding

Votes: 229 18.1%
  • Comicbook movies? Nerds!

Votes: 105 8.3%

• Total voters

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done seeing them on day one for the most part. I'll go see something like BP 2, but I'll wait for them to go on Netflix for the most part, or Disney+.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I have doubted the amount of people who are sticking around. The main reason I made this thread was because a few of my friends are in this stance where they think their done with the MCU or until it starts to tease the next big threat. This came from the rumored line up of marvel films for phase 4. I'm always looking forward to more marvel films just like them I'm eager what the next big threat will be or how the phases will differ now.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
As a Marvel fan, why would I quit watching now ?

The MCU is awesome, bring on more new characters and new stories. Especially now they have Fantastic Four and X-Men back to use for future MCU movies. Bring on Dr Doom.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm here for another 10 years if Feige can do it. We have decades of stories to mine.

We have some great upcoming characters, and I'm excited to see a movie with Carol, T'Challa & Shang-Chi go on an adventure. The diversity alone makes me interested.

I'm sure the Russos take a break, but I really hope in 4 years or so they return for an X-Men Saga. When they get around to Reed Richards & Cyclops? Forget about it - things are just getting started.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ltpdxXz.gif

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Probably wont be as much into the whole universe unless they do something different that's not another build up to another big bad with a different cast.

I'll be there day one for Coogler's BP sequel and Zhao's Eternals, though.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, until they give me reason to lose interest. Not like the first Guardians movie had characters I cared about beforehand.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've said this in a few threads, but the upcoming movies we know about don't really excite me. It's going to take a lot more to keep my interest from here on out.

Guardians 3, Thor 4 directed by Waititi, and a Captain Marvel that goes full Ragnarok cosmic crazy would keep me interested. Black Widow? No, thanks. Dr. Strange 2? Zzz... Black Panther 2? It's no longer the first, so what does it have to offer? Even the last movie of the phase looks kind of eh...

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I don't stop watching good movies just because the cast looks different

I'm especially not abandoning ship considering one of the things they've teased for Phase 4 is at least one openly gay superhero.That one's not going to flop when it comes out

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Why stop? I continued watching the Batman films after Nolan even though I think Nolan's Bat films are the GOAT Bat movies and have yet to be topped.

If I thought the MCU films are GOAT, i would still watch the new stuff. Maybe the new stuff will top the old stuff.

Maybe one day we'll get Bat films that top Nolan's Bat trilogy. I'm following the same thinking with new MCU films

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Going forward, instead of movies about individual characters they should focus on story arcs. Like we should get Secret Wars 1, 2, etc., I'm just tired of origin stories and set up.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Sometimes you guys make no fucking sense.

Of course we will keep going. Of course these movies will keep making money.

Save these weird MCU is doomed threads for when Feige leaves. Until then the train keeps on rolling.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing all these people saying they're done I can't help but think that you're all DELUSIONAL.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
The movies have overall gotten better. I see no reason to stop as long as they keep releasing great movies.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our heroes have been there for us, it's time for us to be there for our heroes.

llyFiWC.jpg

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be passing on eternals and Shang Chi. I never was interested in them even when I was a kid.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, if only to see what they do when the main cast wants to move on to something else.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. We're pretty much transitioning into "bottom of the barrel" territory from here, so I'm done watching the movies day one.

I say this, but I already skipped Spider-Man and both Ant-Man movies until I could see them for free, so I guess nothing's really changing except me caring even less about the MCU moving forward.
As we hit our stride with critical success we're bottom of the barrel now?

Wat.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nah this is the last one in theaters for me. I stopped after Black Panther because people were hyping it as movie of the year. Sadly it was not.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Of-fucking-course. I love the universe they've built, and I want to see how they keep expanding it going forward.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Sure I will. It's not like there's anything else like it to fill the void if I were to stop.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
i can see marvel carrying on for many years after phase three ends, and people will endlessly compare the new movies to the old ones crying about how much marvel sucks now (even though they'll probably still be awesome). it'll be the same tired "get off my lawn" brigade swooping in to be negative because it isn't exactly the way they want it to be

i'll keep watching them as they come out on Disney+ and most likely enjoy the shit out of them

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
To be honest for me the general level of MCU movies has improved over time. So no reason to stop watching.