• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I like how the Mario thread is completely out of control with shipping and the RE8 lady threads are like "wait guys like tall girls, how strange and fetish" lmao

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I like how the Mario thread is completely out of control with shipping and the RE8 lady threads are like "wait guys like tall girls, how strange and fetish" lmao
What do you expect, the whole story is that a single dude keeps kidnapping a girl to marry her and it's clearly not about making heirs to thrones since he already has a kid. RE's central story is some bullshit about viruses and world domination, not about how much a giant turtle wants a human girl to love him.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
It's wide and well known that Mario and Bowser are an intimate item. Damn Nintendo!

FB_IMG_1613335008084.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
What do you expect, the whole story is that a single dude keeps kidnapping a girl to marry her and it's clearly not about making heirs to thrones since he already has a kid. RE's central story is some bullshit about viruses and world domination, not about how much a giant turtle wants a human girl to love him.

On a more basic level, I was thinking tall hot lady with big boobs shouldve been less puzzling.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
the classic Mario, Peach, and Bowser love triangle might be growing stale and doesn't have much else to go so...
Never see it as a love triangle. But Odyssey chose this path and it is really not a good look for Mario...
Mario is clearly Bowser's BAE. He's just using Peach as a vehicle to achieve this. He acts like a young child who picks on their crush. He wants Mario to "Chase after him", and be the focus of all of his attention.
Yep, that's pretty clear, even if it is not intended.
I was thinking tall hot lady with big boobs shouldve been less puzzling.
Believe it or not, but there are still a majority of men that couldn't be with a woman taller than them.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Manual of first Super Mario Bros. states that Peach was kidnapped because she's the only one who can undo "black magic" of the Koopa. Also all those blocks and bricks Mario hits and breaks in Super Mario Bros. are actually transformed Toads and Goombas are Toads who chose to betray their kingdom. Super Mario Bros. had the deepest lore.

nuIqIgm.png

My god, the stakes were way higher than I ever knew

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think it would be hilarious if he had a bowsette, like someone who looks like him + peach. Be like oh look he definitely has a type lol

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
They even gave Boom Boom a girlfriend who's also a ninja.
0d811af4d15bcc31000ce4eb87f81e92.png

Why shouldn't Bowser have one? Would be a good development for him to realize Peach doesn't want him and finally broaden his horizons. Plus you could have double boss fights against Bowser AND his partner.
I never considered them a pairing, but work partners. That said, I really like her inclusion. Feels like a better "female koopaling" design than Wendy for me and I hope we'll see her in more party/sports games in the future to add more female representation.
And bring Dixie back while you're at it, Nintendo :c

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I can't stand the use of the word "bae".

Just wanted to get that out of my chest.

Carry on.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
d93c7x7-3276ace9-dc6c-43e1-a1e5-f894fdbbfcd8.jpg

I long for the day the dynamic duo will finally partner up to unveil the most devilish of plans (of course it'll be young Cranky and not DK) in a 3D Mario game, like I loved the New Donk City portion of Odyssey but I really wanted DK to show up in 3D and actively taking part in the story.
I too would love this.

But I can't see current Nintendo allowing modern-day DK to be portrayed as an antagonist in the mainline series. Mario VS DK is probably the closest we'll ever get to that.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Let's be real that's not why this happens.