• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mario Odyssey seemed to show mainline EAD are willing to experiment with Mario in ways they wouldn't quite before, from allowing him to completely change up his iconic appearance to including regular humans alongside him to even sneaking back in the peace sign, which Miyamoto HATES apparently.

But at the end of the game, there's a bit of a tease that the classic Mario, Peach, and Bowser love triangle might be growing stale and doesn't have much else to go so...

Why not give Bowser a steady girlfriend? Or wife, even. Now it doesn't have to be the long mysterious mother of Bowser Jr., but rather a new relationship. And after her debut in the next mainline title, slowly incorporate her into the spin-offs and such. And hey, if she doesn't work out...just divorce her off screen.

I see there being three ways Nintendo would likely pull this off though in terms of design. The most likely is they just give us "Bowser but girl", which has happened a few times throughout the franchise but is still an easy enough route to go with and allows her to easily be modeled over him for spin-offs

The second is they establish Bowser likes to get with humanoids, and his new girlfriend is basically Evil Peach, or what have you, that is a counterpart to Peach and the other princesses also allowing her to be easily implemented in spin-offs. I guess this is kind of icky, but it's not like they'd really do much explicit anyway for it to be an issue and either way fans are gonna joke about it like they already so with Bowser and Peach. Also maybe another issue is that she'll come off if she's humanoid as belonging moreso to Wario and Waluigi's group visually than the Koopas?

And then the least likely choice IMO would be to go with a completely unique design for her...perhaps still monstrous to fit alongside Bowser...or even a unique Queen version of a pre-existing enemy. This is hard to really imagine what they'd go with as the possibilities are endless, but it seems they'd probably want to go with a Bowser or Princess Peach body style over a wholly new design to play it safe and ease the character into the franchise.

Basically the King Koopa needs some loving Nintendo.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He probably still has Bowser Jr.s Baby Mama in his little black book, maybe we'll see her at some point

In before Miyamoto gifs

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd set up Bowser with Toadette. Her antiunion tendencies are more evil than anything Bowser has ever done

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I thought BAE meant for something else like three letter initial for something else...

Anyways, a "female" version of Bowser would be a great, one that doesnt look like...the leader of the Broodals lol

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought BAE meant for something else like three letter initial for something else...

Anyways, a "female" version of Bowser would be a great, one that doesnt look like...the leader of the Broodals lol
Not going to lie I legit think they should've had her and Bowser hook up in the end.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
OP, you're invoking powers beyond your comprehension.

Think of the vices of the internet that would be unleashed.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Make Bowsette a canon, separate character. Problem solved.
Am8QhS5.jpg

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also in Japan her name should be a pun on Bibinba or Yukke, since those are the two other Korean dishes Miyamoto was gonna name Koopa after before settling on kuppa.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I'd make Bowsette but make it more vampire like and add purple and magic.

And have her betray Bowser early on. But at the end in her defeat, all is forgiven. Until Bowser Jr calls her mama and she runs off.

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
NO, a large part of Bowser's appeal is that he is a doting single father, something that could use the visibility. Plus, if Bowser gets a lady friend, what would his motivation for kidnapping Peach be? (Unless Nintendo wanted to progress from "damsel in distress" stereotype which would be good.)

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Bowser's a hard working single father, he aint got time to get a girlfriend

And besides, he probably only has eyes for Peach

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Nintendo can't even give us Daisy on the reg. I guess they're scared of becoming Sonic, but damn would help them have more characters for the next Mario kart.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Isn't the whole reason he goes after Peach is because he's in love with her?

He literally tried to marry her in the last mainline Mario game, and that wasn't even the first attempt.

Give him another love interest and that destroys his entire motivation for being a villain lol.