• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
SHsXQQn.gif

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
what the, I thought they were doing regular tests , not just some temperature checks

and a live audience, what the

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they were doing temperature checks but were ignoring the results anyway. So they can't even pretend ignorance, they were willfully letting people with a fever in.

Last edited:

Plaguefox

Oct 27, 2017
The physical manifestation of anti-intellectualism follows the politicized Trumpian view of the coronavirus pandemic? Who'd have thought? Explicitly banning masks for attendees sounds right in line with the proudly ignorant portion of the audience that still claims it's all a hoax in the face of hundreds of thousands of US deaths.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Fuck this company

It's baffling to me how there's people on this site who will still watch the WWE despite all of the evil shit they've done recently

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
This was bound to happen with how lackadaisical WWE has been combined with how terrible the government of Florida has handled the situation. AEW was at least testing everyone WWE did the absolute bare minimum and now are going to pay for it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Vince is trying to go for herd immunity.

We don't know for sure what's up with antibodies, but it wouldn't surprise me (pure speculation) if they did a chickenpox party type of thing to make sure people get it now and not later. It would be monumentally stupid but if you really thought you couldn't get it again and that there's a relatively low chance of it affecting you, and then you get a push because they know you won't be pulled for two weeks in the middle of a feud...

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Hope that Renee gets well soon. Considering that this affects Jon Moxley, we will see theories of Vince infecting Renee so he could send the virus to AEW

Oct 27, 2017
What a shit company. Not sure how wrestlers and staff think Vince McMahon will have your best interest at heart.

Jul 18, 2018
What a shit company. Not sure how wrestlers and staff think Vince McMahon will have your best interest at heart.
Ironic when fans say they are supporting WWE because of the wrestlers and their well being since they are being paid. When in reality, they are just letting WWE basically take more advantage of them. Cycle goes on and all WWE supporters just keep making themselves think they aren't part of the problem

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to cancel tapings If everyone is infected! /Vince logic

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
You don't have to cancel tapings If everyone is infected! /Vince logic
He can make the infected wrestlers fight each other. No danger in infecting other talent if you're just wrestling someone else that has it. He'll need to trot out the already infected referee, ring announcer, timekeeper and ring crew for those matches as well.

And, he got the AEW champ pulled off television. So that's an added bonus in his view. Hopefully Mox is cleared in time to wrestle Cage (set to air on July 8th).

Last edited:

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Dang I thought we figured this out that it might be false positive, but I guess not.

www.npr.org

In South Korea, A Growing Number Of COVID-19 Patients Test Positive After Recovery

By Friday, South Korean authorities had identified 163 patients who tested positive again after a full recovery. The number more than doubled in about a week, up from 74 cases on April 9.

-novel coronavirus may be capable of staying dormant before reactivating
-tests are picking up dead virus particles that are no longer infectious or transmissible
-KCDC has also mentioned errors in testing or sample collecting as potential causes.

Crazy who knows how long it was circulating in the WWE and with them being all athletes, maybe there were all asympotmatic and spreading. It wouldnt surprise me if antibodies were found in most of WWE

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
They were going to let Roman Reigns keep working through this...imagine that. The guy they want to be their top star, yet Vince had ZERO qualms about risking his life for a dumb show. The guy has been through it all with leukaemia, he has kids, yet not a single piece of shit in upper management or the medical team thought to say that maybe he should've been sent home? He's a company guy, he's been brought up in and around the business, he's had all the shit that only serves promoter's interests drummed into him for a long time, I've no doubt he was willing to do it as long as he could, but that's not the point. WWE is supposed to protect him, not just shrug their shoulders and let him do anything he wants, no matter how self destructive. All the other talent deserve that kind of care too, don't get me wrong, it was just especially vital in Reigns' case.
Fuck Vince, and fuck all the cowardly yes men who snivel and grovel in his presence and don't call him on this shit.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The fact they started trying to pull down Zayn (taking his belt without giving a fuck) and Reigns when they decided not to go through with the shows while the infection was happening just shows they give no fucks. "You dont need to worry about your position if you say no to come back" was such a lie..

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Curious if they keep Seth home- if he gets infected and sees Becky, that could be some real bad shit.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
At the end of all, Vince will call the shots and everything is in his hands...and that's fucking scary.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'd live nothing more than for all the talent to have a mass exodus and leave Vince out to dry but I know that ain't happening

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The fact they started trying to pull down Zayn (taking his belt without giving a fuck) and Reigns when they decided not to go through with the shows while the infection was happening just shows they give no fucks. "You dont need to worry about your position if you say no to come back" was such a lie..
Hell, they've been trotting out Ric Flair the past two weeks while COVID-19's been running rampant on-site and they didn't bother to test beyond fever checks up until they finally bothered to test people last week. The so-called "greatest wrestler ever" and they're exposing him to that shit not one year removed from his last hospital scare.

Vince doesn't care about anyone but himself and thinks he's immortal. The entire company could burn to the ground after he's dead and he could care less.

Pumpkinator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dang I thought we figured this out that it might be false positive, but I guess not.

www.npr.org

In South Korea, A Growing Number Of COVID-19 Patients Test Positive After Recovery

By Friday, South Korean authorities had identified 163 patients who tested positive again after a full recovery. The number more than doubled in about a week, up from 74 cases on April 9.

-novel coronavirus may be capable of staying dormant before reactivating
-tests are picking up dead virus particles that are no longer infectious or transmissible
-KCDC has also mentioned errors in testing or sample collecting as potential causes.

Crazy who knows how long it was circulating in the WWE and with them being all athletes, maybe there were all asympotmatic and spreading. It wouldnt surprise me if antibodies were found in most of WWE

With the mutated version now apparently the predominant form of the virus in the US and Europe, https://www.scripps.edu/news-and-ev...2-choe-farzan-coronavirus-spike-mutation.html , I've seen speculation that this might be causing the reinfections, since the mutated version can be 4-5x more infectious and the antibodies might not work against it from the earlier form of the virus. Haven't seen any research that backs that up though.